• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oha Suta reveals new Pokémon: Back of new Pokémon revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're definitely wrong about the other Poke. I've seen the front of it, and aside from the colors and rocky-looking skin, it looks nothing like Probopass.

Luvdisc evo...?

So Satan, how's Hell doing? I heard it's gotten quite cold down there.

The 9th circle has always been completely frozen over.

At last! A new evo! I'd love to have a midpoint between "mostly related to old" "only 2 related to old".

I will be shocked if it doesn't evolve from Luvdisc. As soon as I saw the thing, I thought "Luvdisc".

The 9th circle has always been completely frozen over.

At last! A new evo! I'd love to have a midpoint between "mostly related to old" "only 2 related to old".

Yeah if the Divine Comedy was actually a religious doctrine.

In any case, why are we celebrating about a new evolution...when it's Luvdisc D:

It really does look like a Luvdisc evo, doesn't it? I dunno... the fact that we've had no word on new evos so far with this gen makes me cautious about such things, but it just has so many similarities with Luvdisc...

Oh, and for anyone who cares... the name Mamanbou (ママンボウ) seems to be derived from manbou (翻車魚), the Japanese word for an ocean sunfish.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Pokedex entry wound up making it a pun on mambo.

Yeah if the Divine Comedy was actually a religious doctrine.

The Bible gives very little on hell. EVERYTHING in pop-culture about hell comes from John and Dante.

And hey, if Luvdisc gets and evo it means it is no longer worthless (we do hate it because it's worthless right?).

Has anyone actually thought to try that before? I thought so.
Yes. I asked a few of my friends to help me grind up some Heart Scales since I don't have any Gen III games and didn't feel like wasting too much time in the underground.

However, I would not object to this method of evolution. It's simple and effective.

...providing that it's an evolution for Luvdisc. Remember, this is all still speculation. ;)

People have suggested the "mama" part literally comes from "mama", but I'm not too sure. "Manma" means "as one likes", which kind of fits..it's used in the word for "selfish", so maybe the Pokemon has a superiority complex that always gets its way?

The Bible gives very little on hell. EVERYTHING in pop-culture about hell comes from John and Dante.

Doesn't mean that's what hell would be if it existed. Common perception is that it is a pit of fire so trying to be a smart ass by pulling out references from an epic poem doesn't do anything except make you look like a smart ass. Like this response of mine.

You have to trade it, while it's holding a Heart Scale.

Before you respond, think about it: Has anyone actually thought to try that before? I thought so.

Can we still do it in past games? Yes.

Could it have been done before considering its a held item usually attached to that Pokemon? Definitely.

Not like Luckitung getting rollout bothered game freak much. Maybe its a Luvdisc that was hated, so it had to love itself, hence the gloves on it if you know what I mean.

And hey, if Luvdisc gets and evo it means it is no longer worthless (we do hate it because it's worthless right?).

You're using its evolution, not luvdisc. It's still crap. We aren't arguing Magikarp isn't crap are we?

Besides I think Luvdisc pulled off its theme pretty well. I still prefer it to its evolution.

Doesn't mean that's what hell would be if it existed. Common perception is that it is a pit of fire so trying to be a smart ass by pulling out references from an epic poem doesn't do anything except make you look like a smart ass. Like this response of mine.

And said perception comes from? Exactly.

Magikarp is poor, but it's NFE so it doesn't get hate (much anyways) for being crap. With an evo Luvdisc will be NFE and no longer be as harsh.

And said perception comes from...
And no one bothers perceiving hell further, still does not keep it from being anything than a smartass comment when common perception is just fire. It's not like The Divine Comedy is what's perpetuating the modern perception of it, more like modern works that only choose to just portray the fire. Just ask any eight year old or even some adults and they won't say its the Divine Comedy that made them think hell was made of fire and brimstone.

Just PM me if you wish to continue this.

I still don't see how people think that chromastone thing is at all related to Nosepass. Garchomp has the same colours as Carvanha, and its a shark like Sharpedo.
Magikarp is poor, but it's NFE so it doesn't get hate (much anyways) for being crap. With an evo Luvdisc will be NFE and no longer be as harsh.

Not like its usage goes up. People didn't use Magmar or Electabuzz more, they used its evolutions. In fact, I bet it was used less even in in-game teams because they could evolve.

All this is, is a big "take that" to Luvdisc's face with Game Freak acknowledging its uselessness. Like I mentioned earlier, its theme was already represented by it. All this evolution does is add power to a weak Pokemon that was initially created as a gimmick. Giving it an evolution even causes them to acknowledge it was a pretty crappy gimmick in the first place.

Last edited:
I would certainly love (no pun intended) it if it is true that Luvdisc finally got an evolution. Oh, and that rocky quadruped is awesome.

96% sure that this pokemon is the evolution of luvdisc
Perhaps it evolves from luvdisc when luvdisc is traded while holding a heart scale. Huh...huh..? Pretty Smart thing if they did do that.

Oh God, a Luvdisc evo?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

I have mixed opinions on this one. Not sure if I like it or absolutely despise it. I have a really strong feeling that it will have ridiculously fast speed with Swift Swim and be used as a NU/UU lead for setting up (please have SR! Not likely -.-) or a Special Sweeper in the rain. I really doubt thi Pokemon will be bulky it looks like it's made from paper. >.>

First hint of an R/S remake?

Lots of Johto pokes got evo's in DP...

I do not wish to be taken as being sexest, but does anyone with little girls see them now going; "I want a teddy of that one", "but its cute!"
I only wonder as that was the first thing I thought of, going into a supermarket on Valintines day to see they have stocked millions of this as well would be horrendous.

On the other hand I would love it if they gave us a remake of R/S/E. Maybe another heart is not the worst thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom