• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oha Suta reveals new Pokémon: Back of new Pokémon revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo! Luvdisc evo! Let's hope we can get some super heart scales off of it.

and then release it.

I joke. I love cute useless pokemon. I find it amusing to use them in competitive battles and have the opponent scratch their heads.

Wooo! Luvdisc evo! Let's hope we can get some super heart scales off of it.

and then release it.

I joke. I love cute useless pokemon. I find it amusing to use them in competitive battles and have the opponent scratch their heads.

Would be cool if its ability was to allow it to just regenerate heart scales.

My guess is you'd have to marry 2 luvdiscs for them to evolve.
/humorfail

Yeah, kinda like Shuckle's old ability to make Rare Candies... maybe we can grow Heart Scales off this thing.

AshleeK said:
They really need to sort out Kangaskhan's breeding, because it's just bizzare even for Pokemon's standards for something to hatch out of an egg and for it to already have a baby. Kangaskhan should have been unbreedable, just like Nidorina and Nidoqueen are.

I think you have a point there...

Exhibit A said:
That said, I would like to see a Kangaskhan baby as a separate Pokemon

And I wouldn't mind having that purple thing being a seperate Pokemon if it were established to be so from the get-go. But it's been four generations- I think they waited too long to make it a separate Pokemon. I mean, sure in Kanto it's weird that they've apparently never seen Pokemon like Pichu before, but in the case of the purple Kangaskhan, you can see it in the pouch of a regular Kangaskhan. The people in Kanto have no excuse for not acknowledging it as a new Pokemon. That's why it'd be weird, to me, that suddenly in the 5th gen (or later) that purple thing is a new Pokemon.

Maybe the baby Kangaskhan should be a "new" forme or something...

I really am lead to believe that HateDisc will have another type besides water, but it just seems SO awkward to match the obvious, which would be flying. It could also pass of as a normal type but then it would become an HM Slave and also no Pokemon ever gains the Normal type in evolution. I hope.

Although Luvdisc needs an evo. It has three water type moves in its learnset, two of which that do damage, with one of them being Water Gun.

Part of me is hoping that the new Bug/Ground could be a Pinsir evolution. I'm amazed there are pokemon from Gen I and II that still don't have full evolution lines.

Part of me is hoping that the new Bug/Ground could be a Pinsir evolution. I'm amazed there are pokemon from Gen I and II that still don't have full evolution lines.

Not every Pokémon has to be a 3-stager. I'm fine with 2-stagers and even with Pokémon with no evolution lines at all (Ditto is great as it is, isn't it?).

Buuut Kangaskhan already has a pre-evo.
tumblr_ks7qfxxaZK1qznquyo1_500.png

Well, Ditto is unique.

I'm just saying that while there are some pokemon that don't evolve at all and some that only evolve once that are just fine... there are others that an evolution could help out.

Pinsir has a lot of unused potential, and perhaps giving it an evo to make it a huge bulky Ground/Bug type could help form new strategies. Not to mention it's one of my favorites.

I think that a lot of the single stagers are just fine the way they are.

What I'd like to see if they did do anything with Pinsir would be a prevo that also could evolve into Heracross. Make them the same family.

What I'd like to see if they did do anything with Pinsir would be a prevo that also could evolve into Heracross. Make them the same family.

That would be pretty terrible actually.

Similar-looking Pokémon don't need to be evolutionary relatives. Anyway, pre-evolutions are mostly made for marketing purposes. It goes along the thinking of "if X is popular, how popular would X's baby be?"

Would you consider a insect grub cute or marketable?

That would be pretty terrible actually.

Similar-looking Pokémon don't need to be evolutionary relatives.

This, this, this, THISSSSSS. Pinsir and Heracross don't need to come from the same thing.

Anyway, pre-evolutions are mostly made for marketing purposes. It goes along the thinking of "if X is popular, how popular would X's baby be?"

Prime example of that: Pichu.

Would you consider a insect grub cute or marketable?

Absolutely not.

There seems to be some weird tick among the fans to bridge every gap and make every Pokemon relate to another.

That Heracross/Pinsir pre-evo idea is a fine example. And there are the more popular ideas, like a Tauros/Miltank pre-evo or a Kangaskhan pre-evo.

I like separate and distinct Pokemon. They bring a uniqueness to the world.

Wow, I seem to have struck a nerve.

I must remember this for later.

EDIT: Also, you're all wrong. Baby Pokemon are a great way to fix mistakes made on the originals. Look at Smoochum. Jynx learns no Psychic type moves by level up, but Smoochum does.

(Is raising a Smoochum)

I actually don't mind prevos, on the whole. They add a bit of colour to the games. If the series was purely about competitive viability, the 'dex would consist entirely of final forms.

That said... I've never liked the Miltank/Tauros joint prevo idea. It doesn't seem right. Tauros is, more or less, a realistic bull. Miltank is a heavily anthropomorphised bipedal cow. They don't look even remotely like they could be related, and so I can't imagine what a joint prevo would look like. GF might still be able to pull it off, but I remain unconvinced that we'll see such a prevo.

Something I'd like to see is Pokemon only available through breeding two specific Pokemon. Example: Breed Tauros and Miltank and get some third new Pokemon of a different family.

They need to do this.

Something I'd like to see is Pokemon only available through breeding two specific Pokemon. Example: Breed Tauros and Miltank and get some third new Pokemon of a different family.

They need to do this.

Yes they do! make hybrids of sorts, like you breed pokemon A with pokemon B and you get pokemon C with its own distinct evolution line, this would open up a world of opportunities in the games and make it that more intricate and fun to play in my opinion.

EDIT: Also, you're all wrong. Baby Pokemon are a great way to fix mistakes made on the originals. Look at Smoochum. Jynx learns no Psychic type moves by level up, but Smoochum does.

(Is raising a Smoochum)

I'm well aware that babies are also introduced for the benefit of their evolved forms (Heck, one of the reasons why Wobbuffet is in ubers is because Wynaut learns Encore, which takes the guesswork out of using Counter or Mirror Coat).

At the same time though, a grub-like baby for Heracross/Pinsir wouldn't add alot to either. It seems that young bug types are almost helpless at that stage of development. Look at Caterpie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom