• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oha Suta reveals new Pokémon: Back of new Pokémon revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to trade it, while it's holding a Heart Scale.

Before you respond, think about it: Has anyone actually thought to try that before? I thought so.

Luvdisc's only greatest feature was its Speed. Let us hope for a swift and easy evolution method so that trainers shall not have to suffer long in using Luvdisc.

At the same time, Ocean Sunfish (Or Mola Mola) aren't exactly known for their speed... They are known for their incredible bulk since they are one of the largest of bony fish. It's skin is able to stop rifle rounds (although who would shoot a Sunfish with a rifle is beyond me...)

Perhaps it suffers a speed drop but gains HP and Defenses.

Half of them? I mean, have you see how many NU Pokemon there are?

I honestly believe that a lot of the current single form pokemon are fine the way they are, with no need for an Evolution. Now, Prevolusions are a different story, though again, I don't see much need for any really.

Now, I would LOVE to see an evo for Pachirisu, goinng against everything I just said above.

lol.
So all we got (that was new) was a hateluvdisc evo, not that always wanted dunsparce evo.

If Dunsparse gets an evolution next week, I'll be happy about this. Otherwise, I don't care.

Besides, Dunsparse is better than Luvdisk in almost everything. Let's hope this evo at least gets into UU territory.

At the same time, Ocean Sunfish (Or Mola Mola) aren't exactly known for their speed... They are known for their incredible bulk since they are one of the largest of bony fish. It's skin is able to stop rifle rounds (although who would shoot a Sunfish with a rifle is beyond me...)

syther and sizzor have the same base stat total, its just a type shift and where the stats are distributed when it evolves, that nmeans that what you suggest is not beyond the realms of possibility.

EDIT: ino, it will be at least as good a gyarados!

Wow! A possible Luvdisc evolution! :D

I'm not going to get it though. I'll already have a water Pokemon with Mijumaru.

I get the feeling that Luvdisc will be discussed more in the coming days than it has been in the past five years.

So Satan, how's Hell doing? I heard it's gotten quite cold down there.

I imagine that it's had more cold spells than Alberta, with all the expectation-breaking that's been going on these days. *rimshot*

Yeah, it certainly does look like an evo of Luvdisc. Perhaps it will have a higher holding rate for Heart Scales.

If they make a Pokesav for BW, you can bet that I'm going to have both Mijumaru and Tsutaaja. So that Luvdisc evo is out.

You have to trade it, while it's holding a Heart Scale.

Before you respond, think about it: Has anyone actually thought to try that before? I thought so.
Yep, plenty of times. I remember how I used to farm Heart Scales off of wild Luvdisc using Thief back in RSE. But there were a number of times when I traded from version to version, having a Luvdisc hold on to a Heart Scale, in order to get it to my other gamepak.

It should be noted that Luvdisc's next best stats are its Defenses (specifically Sp.Def).

But I want more than that. Its Speed doesn't even break 100. It's total Base Stats are abyssmal. I would prefer an evolution in the Steelix, Yanmega, Honchkrow sense -- one that boosts the stats rather than rearranging them. At least over 500, because that's an ideal amount.

All that's left is to figure out if its getting a secondary type or not. As great as evolutions are, a pure Water Pokemon isn't all that spectacular offensively OR defensively. I remember saying that back when Luvdisc was first released! And it still holds true. After making it stronger, they need to mix it up.

YES!

Now my perfect IV/EV Luvdisc can rule the Gen V metagame!

Totally a Luvdisc evolution/

The other one's new to me, though?

What do you think? Is it totally new, or evolved from something before?

Oh. My. That is UGLY.
Like seriously, I have never said a Pokemon looks bad before.

But this. Its Luvdisc with ... Hand like fins. Ridiculous.

And why are people saying Maybe its a luvdisc evo.
OF COURSE IT IS!!!!1

Oha Suta reveals new Pokémon: Back of new Pokémon revealed

The Japanese program Oha Suta has revealed another new Pokémon for the Generation V games. The new Pokémon is shown in a triple battle.

Read more on Bulbanews

i'm loving it... i'm expecting it to be similar to chansey hp-wise.

luvdisc really needs redemption, and i think it'll get its dignity back with this new evolution.

Last edited:
Noticed the article said we're supposed to get more footage of triple battles on the 23rd (tommorow night for me, eastern pacific time, I believe), so hopefully we'll see the front of it and maybe some of its moves.

But I want more than that. Its Speed doesn't even break 100. It's total Base Stats are abyssmal. I would prefer an evolution in the Steelix, Yanmega, Honchkrow sense -- one that boosts the stats rather than rearranging them. At least over 500, because that's an ideal amount.

Yeah, I'm expecting that it's speed drops, but all it's other stats are raised.

However I don't expect it to have a base stat total of 500 or over. It's probably going to be 460, the same as Lanturn, Sharpedo and Lumineon.

Especially since Luvdisc has a base stat total of 330, the same as it's fellow fish Pokémon Chinchou and Finneon.

A Luvdisc evo? ;A; Sweet! The only other Pokemon I want an evo for is Mawile, Solrock/Lunatone, Farfetch'd, one for Dragonair, separate cool forms for Mothim, and Pachirisu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom