• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oil prices hit bear market territory

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even get it in semi-rural areas (bar cities via the freeway).

Petrol's creeping down to $1.40/Litre. Veeeeeeeeeery slowly. But when it goes up...

Yeah, there's pretty much no public transport ouside the cities, the only one down here is a tourist bus which just goes from town to town once a week...

Save certain cities of course. Dallas has by far the best public transportation system in the US and only rivaled by China and Japan in the world I think. Look it up. It's called DART. Not to brag or anything hahah ^_^;;

Not really. The U.S lacks a mass railroad system, and even within city limits very few modes of public transport are associable. For example in NY people can use the bus, subway, trolley and taxi. I think that's it correct me if I'm wrong.

Moscow on the other hand (just for comparison, I personally think London has the best transport, but Russia's subway system is the best in the world): subway (now goes outside city), electric trains, long distance trains, trolleys, taxis, buses, electric buses, route taxis (the cost around 90 cents and can take multiple passengers to any point on the said route). Thats just the stuff anyone can access in the city.

America has a very limited public transport system, very few people use it, so the industry does not grow.

America has a very limited public transport system, very few people use it, so the industry does not grow.

We Americans love our huge, gas-guzzling Hummers too much, that's why.

I have to admit, it is a relief seeing gas here in California going back towards $3.80 a gallon (for low-grade gas, anyway). If we can get back to $2 a gallion, or even $2.50, I'll be happy. My car's pretty fuel-efficient, but I drive a LOT, and all that money could be going towards college expenses, or a day out with my friends.

Personally, though, I would love to see alternitive energy sources being put into greater mainstream use. I don't say this because I'm a die-hard hippie or am under some delusion about how America's under the whim of the terrorists because they control the majority of the world's oil. I say it because I'm sick of looking at a California horizon that's got a thick, hazy grey band before the blue.

Alternative energies are fairly limited for the near future (think 20 years), unfortunately.

Transit systems only really work in big cities. Sadly, America's cities had somewhat fallen apart from 1950 to about 1990, and are just now recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom