• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

okay what is it

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/442.shtml

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the hell Mikaruge is supposed to be. It seems to be some kind of evil spirit in a vase (reminds me of that Yoshi's Island boss...), but I have no idea what that would mean. Anyone (particularly people who have played the game and caught it and speak Japanese) have any ideas? ;[

• Staff
Pokedex entry:

442 Mikaruge
D – A pokemon born from the assembly of 108 spirits. It is sealed in the cracks of the Crucial Stone.
P – 500 years ago, it was sealed into the cracks of the Crucial Stone due to the bad things it did.

It looks a like a Black Hole coming out of the Crucial Stone, imo.

Does this mean anything to anyone, and does it help?

Cenodoxus (from Serebii) said:
I´ve been playing Okami as well, and have made another discovery.

The eight-headed monster Orochi consumed 108 sacrifices. This is the number of spirits that, according to its Pokédex data, are in Mikaruge. So Mikaruge is perhaps a sealed Orochi, as I`ve mentioned in another thread.

I also like to mention Mikau's box sprite reminds me of a Beyblade.

It's an evil cloud that absorbs the blood from it's victims while giving off a pleasant smell to draw them in.

108 seems to show up a lot in Asian mythology, so it doesn't necessarily have to be linked with the Orochi

Chinese astrology says there are 108 sacred stars
Tibetan Buddhism says there are 108 sins, and there are other examples

108 seems to just a good number to use when you're dealing with mystical/mythical concepts

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom