• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oki Draws Pictures

halloween 2023 / zzzzzz
cerulean.png

Some sort of cover image to accompany the Halloween one-shot I'm doing for this year's Writers' Workshop contest.
Alternate title: "would you still love me if I was a Frillish?"

!!!.png
studying.png

I passed the first one of my exams, but when I did, I expected there to be a little more fanfare...
Research must be tough.

pika revamp
Not much new lately. I've been way too busy with other commitments to sit down and draw much, which has been a pain.
Just to make sure I don't get rusty, today I quickly redrew a very old pikadoodle of mine from almost 12 years ago:
pika1.png

The original, from January 9th, 2012:

image.png

(this poorly compressed screenshot is the only surviving copy I have left of this image but I still love it)

And although a few of you noticed this right away, I'm happy to say that last week I was accepted onto the Bulbagarden staff artist team! Please look forward to seeing my art around the forums and other Bulbaplaces in the near future!!
s.png

a lot of whatever
outf1a.png

Blanc messaged me the other day and asked (nay, demanded?!) that I draw the same character that I already draw every day... the audacity!!!
Ah, but he's in a different outfit this time, so I guess that makes it okay.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 071456.png

outf2.png
Crossposting a few more avis and sigs that I've made for peeps over here. I took a break until not long ago, so the first three are actually a few months old already.

nadineico2.png
calvico2.png
luciico2.png

sheerico2a.png
demoico2.png
catz2ico2.png

teebsig.png

lissisig.png
flower.png
Illustration41.png
clod.png
jolt.png
huh.png

ur art is so comforting to look at... i don't know how else to describe it but it has this oddly nostalgic quality to me and i just love your work dufihgsidyfga

Yes! Your art is so good! I love the talking flower gijinka! Is it a bad thing that I heard the words “onward and upward” in his exact voice…

if you’re still taking requests, could you make a pfp of my design of Serena? You can find her in my art thread and blog.

if you’re not doing requests anymore, I understand.

edit: she’s also my new pfp that I drew, and if you’re putting my username on it, you can use just lissi, as the full usernames kinda long

edit 2: I meant for this to go in your art shop, I’m so sorry!

Last edited:
ur art is so comforting to look at... i don't know how else to describe it but it has this oddly nostalgic quality to me and i just love your work dufihgsidyfga
aww that makes me so happy to hear! I really appreciate all the kind words Teebs, it's very sweet of you to say :bulbaLove:

Yes! Your art is so good! I love the talking flower gijinka! Is it a bad thing that I heard the words “onward and upward” in his exact voice…

if you’re still taking requests, could you make a pfp of my design of Serena? You can find her in my art thread and blog.

if you’re not doing requests anymore, I understand.

edit: she’s also my new pfp that I drew, and if you’re putting my username on it, you can use just lissi, as the full usernames kinda long
Thank you!!! and nah, that was totally the intention of that spoiler name :swirlix: It's such a silly character that I just needed to draw 'em!
I'm not currently doin' any requests outside of my art shop unfortunately, but as soon there's an open spot in the queue, I'd be glad to add you in if you like. ^^

a lot of whatever 2
Quick sketch dump in between better things:
evsk.png
shelg.png
lugia.png
rifu.png

Recent draws from the Sketch the Above game. Come join us sometime!
Prompts: "favorite Pokémon", "favorite Dragon-type", "box legendary from your first game", and "favorite player character" (though I was ninja'd before I could post this one)
rolll2.gif

a predictable riff on that old Rolling Girl animation meme (sm11942631).
I'll roll along again today...
D18gwiz.gif

Finally tried out the timelapse feature on CSP, it's pretty cool. This is just the lineart and main coloring process of the latest avi I've drawn, though there's accidentally a short skip between the two.
y'know, I used to draw Zero so much back in the day that this is the first req I didn't need to look at a reference image for...

Oki I swear every time I turn around your art is IMPROVING AUGH!!! IT'S ALWAYS SO GOOD!! You've been leaning more into that vintage anime look lately and I'm SO here for it!! You've inspired me to try that speedpaint thingy on CSP... and OOOHG THE ROLLING GIRL ANIMATION IS SO NOSTALGIC... I'm in love with it... Bulbagarden rolling girl pv when??

orchid would you be so kind as to share your main CSP brushes? i love your lineart. looks so clean but your speedpaint makes it look so managable.
Oh of course, thank you for asking! :bulbaLove: These are the ones I use most right now:

Screenshot 2023-11-22 024426.png

links: (1, 2, 3)

MONOBRUSH is specifically what I'm using for the lineart of these avis; it's sort of like a combination of a "flat marker"-type pen and a watercolor paint brush, so you can get some nice line variation without ever having to change the brush size. It's a little bit translucent so coloring near edges can sometimes get messy, but that's more of a personal gripe.
Screenshot 2023-11-22 024516.png

For almost all other lineart I've been using the Cream Pencil lately, I like how soft and opaque it is — and for any fancy shading or digital painting like you see there in that timelapse, I use the Bluberri brush since it's extremely malleable. There are a few more miscellaneous ones that I use for special situations and details, and I sometimes throw in a few defaults (I'm a fan of the built-in Gouache and Black Soot brushes personally) but for the important parts it's just these three. :chansey:

a lot of whatever 3
Feeling a little bleh about art this week, so I'mma just throw all this here without thinking too much of it...

lyra.png
slkfjd.png
vbsvbsvbd.png
holiday2023prevc.png

a sneak peek of a bigger thing that I can't share quite yet :o

Back
Top Bottom