• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oki's Laboratory

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
.: "This is my lab! And this... is my LABORATORY!!!"
gary.gif

⋆⁺₊⋆
pb1.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

Told ya I'd do it.

Gone are the days of my little garden — thus begins a new era... or something.
It'll be a breath of fresh air!

.: This new blog will be a mix of a personal diary, semi-daily trivia,
and anything else I may find interesting enough to write down.

Once again, feel free to pull up a chair, relax, and stay awhile.
And while you're visiting, don't be afraid to ask anythin' you wanna know.

⋆⁺₊⋆
pb2.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

evee.gif

February 21, 2024
  • Staff
.: "Forget your problems, I just wanna jump!" ()
⋆⁺₊⋆
A7o9gUa.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

hey look at my fancy new blog layout-- whaddaya mean I have to write a post too

Well well well... my third Bulbaversary is fast approaching. yeah I know my join date says 2019, but as I'm sure you all know by now, the date that I finally said screw it and introduced myself was actually February 25, 2021. It's a little funny; the first post on my last blog talked about how my first Bulbaversary was coming up. It feels like just yesterday, but a lot has changed in that time! When I first made this account back in high school to lurk around the anime preview threads, I don't think that I ever would have predicted I'd end up where I am now. :p

Oh, and on a related note, my 21st birthday was last month. It wasn't as exciting as I'd have liked it to be considering the milestone, but eh, there's always next year to go crazy. Instead I went shopping like usual and drank some junmai sake towards the end of the night. (It certainly has a... unique flavor profile :stunfisk: I don't know how I was expecting it to taste, but my palate is clearly not sophisticated enough for this stuff.)

In terms of art, I've been feeling a bit stuck so far this year. I've got a lot of ideas and a lot of stuff to get done, but my motivation to pick up the tablet pen has been extra weak as of late, which I don't feel great about.
Once my schedule is clear of everything I've promised to draw, next I think I'll try to work on getting some of my fanfic into a finished enough state to share... maybe.

On the bright side, after about 6 months of effort, I'm nearly done getting my GED! I've passed the first three of my exams and all that's left to do is math. Hard for me to feel all too accomplished about getting this far, but it'll be nice to finally have it, at least. Means I can move on and start looking into college options instead... *shudder of abject horror*

Anyway, last on my list of things I'd like to do soon is start (or finish?) watching Pokeani from beginning to end.
The last time I attempted that, I only managed to get partway through AG before falling off. Now that the series is over — ow that still hurts to type — it feels like a much more realistic goal to get through every episode in order.
...Not to mention, I just haven't gone back to rewatch anything ever since "The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master" aired almost a year ago. I used to have a habit of revisiting older episodes pretty much every week, but it just hasn't really felt right since then... I think it'd probably do me some good, since it always used to cheer me up when I did. And you know I'll take any excuse to watch Johto again >:D

'k, I think that's enough for now. Peace.

⋆⁺₊⋆
F9dMWAh.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

|| Oki's Lecture
this segment is where I'll be sharing a little obscure fact along with (almost) every post. I hope you'll learn something fun this way!
:

Did you know? — Cerulean Cave was referred to by the name "Unknown Dungeon" (JP: Nameless Cave) in certain Generation I material.
This alternative name wouldn't be seen again until 14 years later, when the same name was used by the cave Mewtwo inhabits within Kalos's Pokémon Village.
( x )

March 31, 2024 New
  • Staff
.: "Before too long, you'll be a memory." ()
⋆⁺₊⋆
A7o9gUa.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

man, I'm tired. March has been endless, as usual. It's starting to feel like every time things are looking up, they always crash right back down on my head in some way.

I'm going on a trip out of state soon that I am very much dreading. It's only for a weekend, but... I can't say I'm excited to fly a thousand miles away from home, just to spend time with a side of my family that I don't really particularly get along with. I typically don't mind travelling, but I can't shake the thought of how painful the experience is most likely going to be. At least I'll be looking forward to getting back.

My math exam will be in June, because for some reason that was the earliest I could schedule it? Not that I mind that, though. Gives me extra time to study...
if I even use it. Unfortunately, I like spending my free time doing things that aren't math. We'll see if that comes back to bite me later. :p

Right now I'm kinda just trying to direct what energy I have into writing my oneshot. Without something to do I start to feel a bit aimless, especially now when everyone I know is busy with other things, so writing is a good outlet for me to have.

...haaa, I don't know. There's more I could say, but life is hard lately. I just wish I wasn't too stubborn to admit it.

⋆⁺₊⋆
F9dMWAh.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

Wowwww!! Oki, I missed your new blog setup! (It was probably because this cropped up during my big hiatus, huh?) It's so cute! I love the layout and aesthetic sense!! Definitely gonna check out your linked tunes too.

With that said, I hope things start looking up for you too, I know what it's like to be treading through the muck. Honestly March has been kinda a blur, it was pretty bad over here too, but after your trip I hope you can breathe easy. I'll miss you while you're gone, but I hope things look up for you here! If you need to rant at all I'm here for you, homie. (And congrats on your GED when you do get it!!) I apologize for my own absence, but it doesn't change the fact you've got me in your court.

I'll end this with a question since you opened the offer! :bulbaWave:

Do you own any Pokemon plushies, and which is your favorite you have if you do?

4/1/24 extra New
  • Staff
Wowwww!! Oki, I missed your new blog setup! (It was probably because this cropped up during my big hiatus, huh?) It's so cute! I love the layout and aesthetic sense!! Definitely gonna check out your linked tunes too.
blaaaanc you found me! where have you beeeeen :bulbaHugs: and wtf who is that in your avatar what have you done with him
finally, I get to infect even more people with my music taste >:D

With that said, I hope things start looking up for you too, I know what it's like to be treading through the muck. Honestly March has been kinda a blur, it was pretty bad over here too, but after your trip I hope you can breathe easy. I'll miss you while you're gone, but I hope things look up for you here! If you need to rant at all I'm here for you, homie. (And congrats on your GED when you do get it!!) I apologize for my own absence, but it doesn't change the fact you've got me in your court.
Geez you too huh? What is it with March, dude. I guess we can be thankful it's over, a fresh start always does everyone some good.
But seriously thank you! don't even worry about it bro, I hope you're looking after yourself too. I'll miss being here a couple days, but hopefully after this weekend is over with I'll start shaping up a bit.

I'll end this with a question since you opened the offer! :bulbaWave:

Do you own any Pokemon plushies, and which is your favorite you have if you do?
I do!! I used to collect them, so I still have a lot of them!

For sentimental reasons, my favorites are the first two that I ever owned, which are the old Eevee and Umbreon Pokédolls:
s-l1600.jpg
2302428245_2f8eceb76c.jpg
Umbreon actually came first, but I used to take Eevee with me literally everywhere when I was a kid (...and refused to let anyone else hold it except for me).
Nowadays he's obviously well-loved but sits comfortably on my shelf with his friends:
image.png
I also still have the 2005 "Battle-Ready Pikachu" plush, which moves and makes sound when you press the buttons in its paws (one of them talks, the other attacks and makes the cheeks light up). I used to like carrying him around and staging battles with him against the other plushies I had. The plastic mechanism in his ears is broken so they don't wiggle anymore, but I still love him, so he helpfully holds my keys for me on my dresser.
pik.png

April 4, 2024 New
  • Staff
.: "Goin' round and around..." ()
⋆⁺₊⋆
A7o9gUa.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

Spr_2c_197.png
Today is the last day I have at home before I leave for the weekend. Therefore, in the morning I have to pack. ughhhhh blehh
Okay, done harping on it. I don't feel quite as nervous now that I've had time to prepare, but this is still gonna be insanely tiring. Masking is hard, especially on top of the stress of being somewhere unfamiliar and having no time or space to decompress. But as always, I'll live, so it's whatever really.

Spr_2c_009.png
I'm thinking about bringing a plushie or something of the sort on the plane with me, and staging some photos with it in any interesting places I see while I'm there. That way at least I'll get some cute pictures out of the trip? I imagine I'll also have a lot of sketchbook drawings to share when I get back, since I'll just be trying to entertain myself the whole time lol. You can look forward to that I suppose, plus whatever other weird stories I might have from my travel experience...

It was, and still is, raining pretty hard here today; I heard some thunder outside earlier, and there are still a couple flood and wind advisories up. I didn't get much done today because this kind of weather just makes me want to lie down and sleep. Which I think I will do now.

Hasta la vista!

⋆⁺₊⋆
F9dMWAh.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

|| Oki's Lecture:
Did you know? — Hoenn Route 119 uses a unique formula to determine its weather that's not found anywhere else. It's only clear once out of every four real-time days. ( x )

April 17, 2024 New
  • Staff
.: "I laugh myself to sleep, it's my lullaby." ()
⋆⁺₊⋆
A7o9gUa.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

Usually when I say something like "I didn't get anything done today!" it's not meant quite so literally — today, I laid in bed on my phone all day, and that was it. Curse my fragile body, I was in waaay too much pain to do anything else. I didn't even get a single word of my fic written, thus breaking my streak of working on it a little bit every day... for shame. orz

Oh well, no use in complainin'. I feel a bit better now, so I'll make up for lost time tomorrow. I've made good progress so far and I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to finish writing in time for the deadline, if I buckle down on it. Still a bit nervous, but mostly I'm excited! (
If you know me, then it's probably no surprise to you that I picked PalletShipping as the subject for my Flowering Love entry. I don't get many opportunities to gush about them anymore, so I'm just hoping the amount of love and care that I put into writing them is evident heheh.)

And as for an unrelated update, I got back from my trip a little over a week ago. Didn't end up drawing anything while I was there, but here's some of the photos I promised:
PXL_20240405_160712770.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240405_194253810.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240406_175304036.jpg
PXL_20240406_180017383.jpg

PXL_20240407_164246204.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240407_184129207.jpg

Florida was fun, at least; though I already knew that since I've been there before. I got more excitement out of looking at tacky tourist crap, the wild crows that were everywhere, and the cute cat robot they had at the restaurant I went to... than I did out of the things that I was actually there to see lol. Also I'm real jealous of how little light pollution there was at night, compared to where I live. ugh T_T
It was fine overall, but it was still a relief to get back home.

Note to self, need to stop making blog posts in the middle of the night. - -;

⋆⁺₊⋆
F9dMWAh.png
⋆₊⁺⋆

|| Oki's Lecture:
Did you know? — In the Spaceworld '97 demo of Gold/Silver, the player character is named "Satoshi" in Gold Version, and "Shigeru" in Silver Version. ( x )

Back
Top Bottom