• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Those 2 and Fantina. And also Volkner and Flint.

Don't forget Maylene! Especially with they're thing for bringing back Fighting-type experts this series (Right, Chuck? (Heck, they even had the Dojo Master))

I know, I know, there have only been four of them, but gets my attention...

It's recently been 6 episodes from the 2nd intro to the Alola Gang appearance, and now we don't even see when Gary and Iris will be, and will they maybe appear together in an episode?

and will they maybe appear together in an episode?

I tend to doubt it, even though I've always wanted Ash's friends who've never met each other to actually meet.

My guess is Gary comes in either when Professor Cerise sends Ash and Goh on a research mission and they either run into each other or Gary gets invited along to assist them, OR as part of the PWC. Or both. They could pretty easily combine those two things.

Iris, on the other hand, I could also see participating in the PWC, maybe to help her in her training to take over the Opelucid Gym.

I think first and foremost I want to see Ash's old Pokémon, at least most of them.

And about the pokémon at least Kingler, Muk and at least 1 representative of Ash's herd of Tauros.

The original bench warmers (and super subs).

But an episode in Oak's lab/ranch would be nice to see most of them.

And maybe Anthony, so we see Primeape again.

I can see Ash’s old Pokémon migrated from Oak’s labatory/Kukui’s house to the Sakuragi Institute. I feel like it would be a waste if they only got cameos, it would be cool if Ash mixed his Journeys team with his reserves.
When the Journeys team already has such little screen time? Yeah, as much as I love Ash's other pokemon, majority of them already got far more screen-time than the Journeys team have-mixing the reserves and his new team just feels like a waste.
As for Infernape returning, yeah, I love him too, but again-he already had plenty of screen time AND he finished his story arc: there isn't any point to him returning. Why not give spotlight to one of Ash's pokemon that didn't get screen time or proper battles in the anime like Leavanny, Noivern, or, gee, I dunno, Ash's current team??? Personally, I don't understand why people want Ash to use his reserves-they'll only return for battles then, and the Journeys team will get less screen-time than ever.

When the Journeys team already has such little screen time? Yeah, as much as I love Ash's other pokemon, majority of them already got far more screen-time than the Journeys team have-mixing the reserves and his new team just feels like a waste.
As for Infernape returning, yeah, I love him too, but again-he already had plenty of screen time AND he finished his story arc: there isn't any point to him returning. Why not give spotlight to one of Ash's pokemon that didn't get screen time or proper battles in the anime like Leavanny, Noivern, or, gee, I dunno, Ash's current team??? Personally, I don't understand why people want Ash to use his reserves-they'll only return for battles then, and the Journeys team will get less screen-time than ever.
I think the reason why people want Pokemon like Infernape or even sceptile to return is because they have a connection to these Pokemon. Infernape last appeared in 2010, and some of us grew up watching the sinnoh saga and wanting to see this Pokemon again. Sure, Ash's current team could do with more development, but seeing an old favourite return is more important to us than that. You also have to consider how interesting a Pokemon is as well. While Ash's current team could do with a great deal more development, Ash's infernape being reintroduced can be seen as more important because Infernape is considered to be one of, if not the most interesting Pokemon Ash ever caught. Having a Pokemon that was well written and such a fan favourite back on the show increases the shows watchability, and again, that is important too because the anime is meant to be entertainment. On a final point: Pokemon Journeys isn't a galar anime. It's a show predicated on revisiting past regions, therefore, i think it's apt that Ash would revisit his past Pokemon as well. Had this been a sword and shield anime, I would agree with this sentiment, but Journeys isn't that, so we should change our viewpoints just a little bit on this one.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom