• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jeez Korrina, does Gurkkin have have to appear every time you do?

"I don't have a license to drive a boat, okay?"

They haven't referenced Clemont, Bonnie, May or Max either.
May's original VA is retired and most Japanese media hardly recasts unless the original VA was way too expensive to begin with or got too controversial, Max is excluded for this. Clermont and Bonnie showed up in a post-XY special alongside Cilan

May's original VA is retired and most Japanese media hardly recasts unless the original VA was way too expensive to begin with or got too controversial, Max is excluded for this. Clermont and Bonnie showed up in a post-XY special alongside Cilan
Recasts in Japan really aren't that uncommon. There are series where they replace the voice actors even if they aren't expensive, controversial or have passed on. It may not happen as often as it does with English voice actors, but I don't think that May's voice actress possibly being retired would make it impossible for them to bring May back if they wanted to do so.

They haven't referenced Clemont, Bonnie, May or Max either.
Clemont and Bonnie got a special episode where they met Cilan after XY ended while May had the Wallace Cup arc with Max references and a cameo; since departing her party with Ash, Serena has gotten nothing while every other main animated character/Ash's friends have been featured in some capacity after their respective saga ended.

Finally, a Hoenn character! And what a character it is!

This is one of the things I LIKE about PM2019: You just never know who will pop up next! :D

I missed SammyW27's post and not gonna lie I was hoping this was the other Drake and they were finally acknowledging the Orange Islands.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one that did that. :ROFLMAO:
Am I the only one who thinks of the Hoenn Elite Four Drake before that bland as all getout OI character?

Am I the only one who thinks of the Hoenn Elite Four Drake before that bland as all getout OI character?
OI Drake had an important roe in Ash's Gen 1 story despite his limited appearances, plus he was involved in Ash's first full battle and gave us the first time we got to see a Dragonite in battle; a big event back when it was statistically the second most powerful Pokémon in the world (tied with Mew who had very limited distribution) and they utterly sold that idea.

Hoenn's Drake was a redo of Lorelei's appearance.

You'd think E4 Drake being from the games would be a tip off...

Also, I have to wonder who the other 4 members of the Master 8 are. :unsure: (Probably the other Champions)

Last edited:
OI Drake had an important roe in Ash's Gen 1 story despite his limited appearances, plus he was involved in Ash's first full battle and gave us the first time we got to see a Dragonite in battle; a big event back when it was statistically the second most powerful Pokémon in the world (tied with Mew who had very limited distribution) and they utterly sold that idea.

Hoenn's Drake was a redo of Lorelei's appearance.
The battle against Drake was important. But Drake himself was super flat as a character.

And yeah. Drake's appearance may have been a redo of Lorelei, it still was a major improvement compared to her appearance.

First major AG continuity and it’s a one off character most probably don’t remember, lol. I doubt most people even remember his episode

I notice how they handle Dawn’s returns remind me of the SM cameos for Misty/Brock. They got a 2 parter and then disappear for awhile and then get another 2 parter. Only difference is the SM cameos we’re separated by a year from 2017-2018 where this is just a few months.

Unless Dawn sticks around longer which could be possible once they cover the Arceus game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom