• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• There have been changes to the pronoun field in user profiles. Find out more here!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigDocFan

Spooky October!!!
Reaction score
That cameo from the Legend of Thunder characters was unexpected. Honestly though, I'm beyond happy to see Ritchie again, even if only in passing. Very welcome surprise indeed :bulbaLove:

Now, fingers crossed that Casey gets a moment in the spotlight too...
Would certainly be nice, Casey and Ritchie had so much potential as recurring characters that it was a shame they weren't used much outside of Chronicles

FluffleFi

Zzzzappin'!
Reaction score
I didn't watch a whole lot of the Johto series but didn't Casey show up multiple times through it? She also showed up a few times in Pokemon Chronicles, so you'd think they were gonna do something, with her being a newbie trainer and all.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
I didn't watch a whole lot of the Johto series but didn't Casey show up multiple times through it? She also showed up a few times in Pokemon Chronicles, so you'd think they were gonna do something, with her being a newbie trainer and all.
I think she only appeared three times in the main series.

Sai

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

She was only in 3 episodes, and in her last appearance she only had 4 Johto badges so she failed to make it to the league. She appears in 3 specials after that during the AG era and then disappeared forever.

She was basically set-up to be a rival for Ash in Johto but she just kinda...fizzled out? Johto was a poorly planned out arc so nothing really made sense what they did back then.

Sai

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Was it ever stated that she had Badges?
Its been a long time since I watched that episode, (like about 10+ years), but I vaguely recall her showing Ash her badge case with only 4 Johto badges in her last Johto episode, to explain why she wasn't going to be in the league. I could be wrong I haven't seen the ep in a decade.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Its been a long time since I watched that episode, (like about 10+ years), but I vaguely recall her showing Ash her badge case with only 4 Johto badges in her last Johto episode, to explain why she wasn't going to be in the league. I could be wrong I haven't seen the ep in a decade.
You're half right. She just mentioned she had four Badges during her final main series appearance without showing them.

DuskAstral

Reaction score
Since most of the XY character returns are done I'd probably rank their eps from best to worst:

Serena
It wasn't an episode of Serena (despite her showing up there), it was Koharu.
The XY girl was just an accessory.

jjliang

Reaction score
So if May doesn't get McLeaned (shame that she still can't talk even if she does finally appear in person again), do you think May will appear either reverted back to her Ruby and Sapphire anime outfit, still wear her Diamond and Pearl anime (Emerald) outfit, or in her ORAS outfit?

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
Most likely ORAS, especially since they even referenced her when it came to the dress that Koharu wore in the Contest she took part in.

Sai

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I doubt it, they would have to make a new design for her for what would amount to a 2-second still-screen cameo watching on TV like everyone else. I don't think she'll be shown but I imagine for nostalgia's sake (and that's what these cameos are for, nostalgia), she'll be back in her AG outfit.

BigDocFan

Spooky October!!!
Reaction score
The episode hasn't aired yet but images uploaded on Bulbapedia confirm that Paul, Reggie, Flint and Volkner are among those cameoing in today's episode

BigDocFan

Spooky October!!!
Reaction score
Was nice to see Alder make an appearance today alongside Drayden and the Unovan rivals minus Burgundy, too bad Cilan didn't appear

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Us not seeing Cilan here which was the most obvious cameo, along with no Dawn, Brock, or Misty watching their champions makes me think we may actually get a big companion meetup before the end of the series.

Or they’re saving them all to watch ash lol
I don't think that's happening unless Ash wins and he is being retired as the main protagonist after Journeys.

Top Bottom