• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
So not counting Tracey and of course Iris, no old companions have been shown watching so far. I do think Iris (and maybe Dawn?) might be shown watching the Cynthia match due to their connection with her. I mean it would be weird for Iris not to care about Cynthia and Ash battling given she was there, lol

But yeah it's obvious Misty/Brock/May/Max/Cilan/everyone else will probably be saved for the Leon battle. I do expect May to be in her classic R/S outfit though, they're not going to design an ORAS May look for what would amount to a 2-second scene watching on TV.

Maybe we're all in for a big surprise.......! :D

Hey, according to RingoTashi, who transcribed Kaori's post to English, she said the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fans Worry for Kaori, and many voice their wish for her to voice May!
I'm really grateful. Even though it's has been nearly 15 years...but seeing overseas fans give their support, I once again realise the vastness of this franchise, and that it was an extremely joyous thing for me to have met May. Though I'm deeply pained that I am unable to respond to these expectations, this makes me super happy and I'm filled with gratitude.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is, unfortunately, it doesn't seem reasonable to expect, currently, that KAORI will voice the character once again. Either way, it's nice to hear that fans' wishes have reached the voice actress and provided her with joy, support and sweet memories.

Last edited:
So who's going to watch the semifinals, and finally Ash vs. Leon?
If I had to guess, all of Ash's former traveling companions plus his mom and Professor Oak of course. (Hopefully, they'll all be going to Wyndon to cheer for Ash in person.) We may or may not find out in JN121, as I assume that'll be a sort of prep episode before the action commences again.

Last edited:
Who can we expect in the tribunes and who in front of the TV? Give your types.
Tribunes:
  • Clian, Bonnie, Serena
  • Misty, Brock
  • the Alola gang
In front of the TV screen:
  • May, Max
  • Iris, Cilan
  • Dawn (however, in the tribunes)
  • all rivals
  • Goh, / Chloe (however, in the tribunes)
  • Professor Oak, mother of Ash, Tracey, all Ash pokemons

Last edited:
Who can we expect in the tribunes and who in front of the TV? Give your types.
Tribunes:
  • Professor Oak, mother of Ash, Tracey, all Ash pokemons

Professor OAK and Delia Ketchum were personally witnessing the most iconic moments of the Pallet boy's competitions. I don't see why now, in the most important battle of the boy's life, they wouldn't. I have a lot of faith that they'll be there, to be honest they're the only ones besides the Team Rocket trio that I'm sure will show up.

Well aside from old companions watching Leon, I am surprised so many old companions didn't return for full episodes. No Misty episode, no Cilan episode, no Brock episode in JN itself outside the specials, May and Max of course never appeared, etc.

For May's absence I can understand it but the others not getting an episode is strange. I can't imagine they were all scheduling issues with the voice actors when Cilan came back for a special with Clemont in 2016.

With Cilan, it could be that his voice actor was too busy or too expensive to come back for an episode. Considering both Ash and Iris ended up in the Master Class, it is weird that they didn't show him watching their battles sooner. I'm sure that they're saving Cilan for Ash vs. Leon, but it's just weird he wouldn't appear for Iris vs. Cynthia too.

Misty not getting an appearance is a lot weirder when Ash and Goh were in Kanto for a good portion of the series and they're close to Cerulean City. I'm not sure if her voice actress was too busy. I doubt that they thought it was too soon to bring her back due to her SM appearances since they brought Brock back for the Arceus special. Granted, they were going for DP nostalgia, but Brock still appeared in both SM and Journeys, so I don't think that would have been an issue for Misty.

Iris is Champ because of B2W2, so Lance would still be Champ over anyone else because of HGSS. ...That, or Trace because of LGPE.
Well, Lance is still there. My guess is he represents Johto and Kanto because Gary never even got close to being a Champion. Sure, they could have retconned that so Kanto and Johto had separate champions, but I don't know what excuse they would use for him to be there.

Well, Lance is still there. My guess is he represents Johto and Kanto because Gary never even got close to being a Champion. Sure, they could have retconned that so Kanto and Johto had separate champions, but I don't know what excuse they would use for him to be there.
Honestly, given how later generations introduced characters like Cynthia, Steven and Diantha who are champions while also having another profession, it’s a shame that they retired Gary from competitive battle in favor of becoming a researcher when they could have had it both ways.

He reps two regions because Kanto and Johto share a League in the games. This is the only way to make it game-accurate without retconning.

Dawn back again. I wonder if anyone else will show up in person.
I really hope so. No offense to Dawn, but she's already gotten the most screentime of any of Ash's former traveling companions in Journeys bar none, so to see only her with Chloe in person would be a letdown in my eyes. I get why Dawn's the first confirmed companion there, and why she got so much focus in Journeys (BDSP/LA promotion,) but it still doesn't change the fact I'm kinda sick of seeing just her. I know why May probably won't appear in person/have a speaking role :cry: but I really wish, by some miracle she could. Because I have always (and still do,) prefer May over Dawn. (Sorry/not sorry all you Dawn fans out there, just never been that fond of her.) Not to mention I really hope Serena, Bonnie, Clemont, Misty, Brock, and everybody else can make it too! Basically, to sum it up, I'm still really hoping for this:

1665769184582.png

(I know I already posted this picture once before, but I love it so much I wanted to use it again.) :p

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom