• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmmm...does Delia being the next episode count, or do her sporadic appearances make her recurring enough (she's already been in one episode this series)? :unsure:

Hmmm...does Delia being the next episode count, or do her sporadic appearances make her recurring enough (she's already been in one episode this series)? :unsure:

I'd say no. I wouldn't really consider Delia a "past character" since she tends to appear on a rather consistent basis, even if it's only once or twice a region (loved that she appeared more in SM though! I've been waiting for her to show up again this series since Ash's homebase is in Kanto.)

Bumping in case the preview special and/or new opening have some old characters.

Looks like we might be seeing some familiar faces in Alola very soon...

a0oN72L.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like we might be seeing some familiar faces in Alola very soon...

a0oN72L.jpg

Lana and Mallow still looks the same, but it looks like Kiawe and Sophocles got a slight redesign?

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like Kiawe looks slightly younger, and Sophocles looks straight up the same age as Max or Bonnie...

That awkward feeling when Mallow, Sophocles, Kiawe and Lana are revealed to be coming back but Lillie isn't. She was the one I wanted to see again the most, now I'm sad. :(
Her lack of appearance in the OP doesn't mean she won't appear at all. If anything, placing her there would have been a huge spoiler with regards to her cliffhanger ending in SM. Here's hoping we get a 2/3-parter Mohn arc continuation. The other companions didn't have as big paths/goals/ambitions compared to Lillie's for them to spoil anything.

That awkward feeling when Mallow, Sophocles, Kiawe and Lana are revealed to be coming back but Lillie isn't. She was the one I wanted to see again the most, now I'm sad. :(

It actually took me a minute when I first saw the OP to realize Lillie wasn't there. It made me sad too, honestly, even though it makes sense considering how she left at the end of SM.

I still believe we'll see Lillie at some point, though. I just don't feel like we'd get to see all of the other classmates and not her. My guesses are either that she returns at some point while Ash and Goh are visiting, or they run into her elsewhere while she and her family are still searching for Mohn.

Well, the new intro certainly gives us something to talk about.

It's theoretically possible the classmates appearing means nothing (like when characters of the day sometimes appeared in OS openings) but I doubt it. They were major characters. It is still a bit odd we didn't see the companions from the immediately prior series get cameos during the XY--SuMo era, though. Hopefully the ones who missed out get a chance during Journeys.

My hope is that we also see Lycanroc and the other Alola Pokémon, which could maybe lead to other reserves appearing.

It would be pretty cool to see Ash's SM team, if only for them to interact with his current team members. I don't know if they'll finally let him start using his reserve Pokemon, but getting some interactions between Ash and his SM team would be nice, especially when he didn't have a proper goodbye to them at the end of SM.

If Ash doesn't battle Kiawe, this will go down as gratuitous fan service. I just don't see what new things can be done with Lana, Mallow or Sophocles (or even Kukui because this show isn't about babies). Another UB encounter would be very lame.

It is still a bit odd we didn't see the companions from the immediately prior series get cameos during the XY--SuMo era, though.
Cilan appeared in one of the last few XY&Z episodes, though Ash already left the region by then and he only interacted with Clemont in that episode (and just like the Brock/Cilan episode, neither of them realized they both knew Ash).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom