• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

SammyW27

Reaction score
I know, I know, it's been bought up a bunch in multiple threads, but I feel like it deserves its own topic. (heck, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner o_O). Though the admins can delete if they deem it unnecessary/redundant.

So far we've had Lance, and now Korrina is gracing us. Not to mention a nice Lt. Surge flashback and silhouettes of the other Kanto Gym Leaders. And who knows who could pop up over the course of the series over the next few years. I even hope they'll finally let some poor dopes out of the Not Animated Gulag while they're at it (but I won't hold my breath).

So I'll just leave this here for the time being to discuss the issue fully and see how it goes.

Korrina's reappearance definitely opens a very large proverbial door for past characters to return, they know that they cannot avoid continuity any more with the way this series is structured, not without hurting episode/series/anime narrative and quality.

I hope Ash's reserves start making an appearance soon for various PWC matches, or just to hang out at the dome in general. Would also love episodes where past companions return, one or two at a time obviously. Let's not forget Ash's parents either (no, not the ones who're from Pallet town and don't seem to care much about him).

Last edited:
Not an old character (in the anime sense) but I really want Janine to appear. Of al the pre-Gen 8 Gym Leaders, she's the only one who hasn't appeared in the anime yet. They could easily write her in as a PWC-opponent and successor to her father.
Not to mention that they could also show off Elite Four members they skipped in previous regions, as well as Gen IV Frontier Brains.

Korrina making a return (With Lance previously already been in), makes you wonder what other characters have made it in the top 8 of the WC and they don't have to be Champions, as Raihan is there (Unless Raihan is a placeholder for Ash).
Makes me think, actually: could Raihan become a sort of rival for Ash for this series, since they both aim to beat Leon?

I think Brock and Misty are fairly likely due to their iconic status (maybe Gary, too?).
Sun/Moon being recent+Dusk Lycanroc in the ending sequence makes me think we'll see Kukui and Burnett at some point, too.

That one early poster also showed Lumiose Gym, so we may even see Clemont and Bonnie when we go to Kalos.

The difficult question is if we'll see anime-only characters reappear (I saw people specifically hoping for Alain and Paul on the Japanese twitter's upload of the upcoming episodes preview). I tend to lean against it happening, but I also didn't think we'd see Korrina.

Makes me think, actually: could Raihan become a sort of rival for Ash for this series, since they both aim to beat Leon?
This strikes me as quite plausible--since I doubt Ash will have any more battles with Leon until the tournament Raihan could possibly serve the Gary/Paul/Trip/Gladion role for this series--the game also says he's supposedly Champion-tier if he moved to another region so he's a worthy rival for a league winner.

It will be interesting to see if Raihan will be an opponent in the tournament or the guy Ash has to take the Master-class position from to make it in.

Last edited:
I think Brock and Misty are fairly likely due to their iconic status (maybe Gary, too?).
Sun/Moon being recent+Dusk Lycanroc in the ending sequence makes me think we'll see Kukui and Brunett at some point, too.

That one early poster also showed Lumiose Gym, so we may even see Clemont and Bonnie when we go to Kalos.

The difficult question is if we'll see anime-only characters reappear (I saw people specifically hoping for Alain and Paul on the Japanese twitter's upload of the upcoming episodes preview). I tend to lean against it happening, but I also didn't think we'd see Korrina.

This strikes me as quite plausible--since I doubt Ash will have any more battles with Leon until the tournament Raihan could possibly serve the Gary/Paul/Trip/Gladion role for this series--the game also says he's supposedly Champion-tier if he moved to another region so he's a worthy rival for a league winner.

It will be interesting to see if Raihan will be an opponent in the tournament or the guy Ash has to take the Master-class position from to make it in.
I don't think that Clemont and Bonnie are going to show up.

I’m expecting the Alola classmates and Kukui (by extension, Ash’s Alolan Pokemon). Since everyone in Alola is so close knit together, it’s not unreasonable to show them off, and the target audience would remember them. Lycanroc also appeared in the ending theme, so it’d be nice to see Ash use his Alolan Pokemon.

Incineroar never got its moment to shine post evolution, so Ash battling some trainer in Alola using it would be nice. What about a battle royale (the 4 on 4, not the poorly written monstrosity of 151 trainers)?

The Rotom drone could film it and compute the scores using some algorithms based on each trainer’s contribution and it would provide a unique battle style. It’s also Ash’s Incineroar’s speciality, so that’d be great.

Yeah, Alola's a Wailord in the room...

I'm not sure about the classmates (half of them have left the region), but I AM expecting some Alola characters to appear. They better. Alola's too small and the cast too big for someone NOT to...

Why not? That's very possible, with how this series is set up as.

Because they just might not. Lumiose is a BIG city, Kalos is a good sized region, and they & Ash could easily miss each other. Though it would be nice if they did crossed paths.

I’d love to see Gary again I reckon he’d love to see the Sakuragi Institute
The lumiose gym being in the poster could hint at seeing Clemont, Bonnie and maybe Serena that would be cool
I’m assuming the Dusk form Lycanroc is Ash’s and that we will see his Alolan Pokemon

I hope Ash’s Dragonite meets some of his Pokemon that live at Oaks lab, it would be funny to see Dragonite hugging some of his other Pokemon and one of them retaliate

I hope Ash’s Dragonite meets some of his Pokemon that live at Oaks lab, it would be funny to see Dragonite hugging some of his other Pokemon and one of them retaliate
Or Dragonite and Muk get stuck in an endless hugging paradox...

These talks of Gary coming back makes me realise that Gary's arrogance and snark would lend to an interesting set of interactions between him and Go.
Edit: my dimwitted self wrote Ash instead of Go...

Or Dragonite and Muk get stuck in an endless hugging paradox...

These talks of Gary coming back makes me realise that Gary's arrogance and snark would lend to an interesting set of interactions between him and Go.
Edit: my dimwitted self wrote Ash instead of Go...
Oh I forgot about Muk constantly hugging people
I reckon there’d be some Pokemon like Oshawott, Bayleef and Torkoal that would just pile on and they have a big group hug

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom