• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wallace was also a Champion once, I think he deserves a place in Master Class more than Frontier Brains or Elite Four members.
I couldn't recall if Wallace being a Champion was mentioned in the show or not, but he'd also be a good choice and has had a number of appearances in the past as well.

Bayleef is selective; it only hugs Ash.

I hope the poor Johto Pokemon are not forgotten though, they’re really due for focus. Also the Sinnoh team. They both had to share attention with reserves in their own leagues, and Johto got the shorter end of the stick in its own region, while some Sinnoh Pokemon didn’t get enough focus.

Poor Torterra and Quilava come to mind.
Even though I don't know how they could fit within the current setup, I'd still be so happy if they showed May, Dawn and/or Serena. I'd just like to known how they're doing with their goals. I'm still disappointed that we never found out how May did in the Johto Grand Festival and Dawn's return arc was not really the best note to end her character on for my opinion. Plus, I just miss Contests, but that's also one reason why I don't know if they'd be able to have them return or give them a brief cameo if the games and the show aren't featuring Contests. In a similar vein, getting some of the anime only rivals to appear would be pretty cool. Maybe a bit more likely than seeing some of the previous female leads, but it still might be a stretch. I'd absolutely love to see Paul return though. It would be incredibly interesting to see how he'd interact with Ash and to see some of his progress since DP ended.

I very much want to see Dawn, Paul, and some Sinnoh mons again - I'm hoping we get Sinnoh remakes, I think that would increase the odds significantly, and also give an opportunity to bring back Contests in the anime. Leon did tell Ash he needs to learn how to put on more of a show, Contests would be a great way to address that.

I'm also wanting to see Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena again, as well as Mohn reunited with his family onscreen.

Giovanni... and that's all I care.

What about Burt and Cassidy?

Why is Leon appearing again so soon after his last appearance? Like we get it, he's strong. So do we really need to see another example of that once he totally creams Raihan in their upcoming battle?
To establish Raihan as his rival, and Ash is not the only one who's specifically targeting Leon. Arcues forbid a Galar character appear often in a series where he’s the main target of the protagonist.

We need a jerky rival

OG Gary, Paul they were the best rivals for a reason...
OG Gary was actually rather flat until Johto. He never battled Ash, only boasting about his superiority during each of their encounters in season 1. He was there just to fulfill the archetype of a jerk rival. He got a lot more tolerable in Johto, where he and Ash actually finally got to battle each other.

OG Gary was actually rather flat until Johto. He never battled Ash, only boasting about his superiority during each of their encounters in season 1. He was there just to fulfill the archetype of a jerk rival. He got a lot more tolerable in Johto, where he and Ash actually finally got to battle each other.
I think that was the whole point of Gary's character and if he battled Ash more often that'd kill all the hype for their Johto League match. There's more to rivalry than just battling.

I think that was the whole point of Gary's character and if he battled Ash more often that'd kill all the hype for their Johto League match. There's more to rivalry than just battling.
I was referring to Kanto Gary there. They never battled once during the Indigo League saga. Ash's loss to Gary at the end of the Orange Islands arc was basically the point where their rivalry was sort of soft rebooted.

This puts me in the minority, but...I don't want Brock or Misty to appear. It's because they're iconic I have no desire to see them. Especially after their guest appearances in SM...

Though chances are too good they will. Especially in a couple of years for the anniversary (again -_- )

Giovanni... and that's all I care.

He's already appeared in PM03, and will probably make more cameos like he usually does.

Whether he actually DOES something is another matter...

What about Burt and Cassidy?

I'd like it, but I highly doubt it.
They were dropped for a reason, and showrunners have moved on. (Like how Matori has replaced Cassidy as Jessie's rival)

I dont want Giovanni the coward Team Rocket boss who gives his subordinates Pokémon that are so shitty that I hope they never see the sunlight again.

I want the Giovanni who calls himself "The Greatest Trainer".

That's who I want.

I want to see:
  • Companions, specially Tracey, Max, Iris, Cilan and the Kalos gang.
  • Sabrina, just to see if she's had character development...or character regression (DUN DUN DUUUUUN).
  • Blaine, he could make jokes about his new look.
  • I'm torn on Giovanni. I don't want AG to be retconned, but he would be an interesting battler and would make him closer to his game incarnation.
  • Whitney, who would traumatize Ash with Miltank again. However we've already seen a rolling strategy with Visquez so it wouldn't be that interesting.
  • Jasmine and Clair already have two series under their belt, so why not?.
  • Roxanne is an school teacher, she could help Go to tolerate battles.
  • Norman, so Truant is taken into account this time, and he could reference Max and May.
  • Tate & Liza on an upgraded space gym would be very cool, and could provide a Double battle which are very scarce nowadays.
  • Gardenia so we can see Cacnea's power. (If somehow Gardenia returns without Cacnea, the fandom will be mad for sure).
  • Fantina could reference Sinnoh Contests and Counter Shield.
  • Roxie would give a more interesting Poison battle than Janine in my opinion.
  • Both Drayden and Marlon didn't battle Ash and have cool Pokémon.
  • Ash is already better than most of the Alolans, but there's a few he missed that could be interesting: Kahili, Molayne and Lusamine. And there are some that could have trained during the time who deserve a new chance: Lana, Kiawe, Hau and Mina.

I'm torn on Giovanni. I don't want AG to be retconned, but he would be an interesting battler and would make him closer to his game incarnation.
I'm actually wondering if now that we're spending so long in Kanto they might actually resolve Team Rocket (the organization) as a plot. The TRio could stay around on their own even without the organization.

Gardenia so we can see Cacnea's power. (If somehow Gardenia returns without Cacnea, the fandom will be mad for sure).
I can picture her showing up and having a Cacturne that uses Drain Punch but without directly referencing it used to be with James.

Norman, so Truant is taken into account this time, and he could reference Max and May.
I laughed when the Petalburg Gym battle (at least in the dub) tried to pass Truant off as a bonus with Norman saying being lazy meant Slaking wasn't bothered by weak attacks.

Tate & Liza on an upgraded space gym would be very cool, and could provide a Double battle which are very scarce nowadays.
Hopefully with a better ending than Thunder Armour.;)
The early parts of Mossdeep were nice with the planetarium causing trouble (I lol'd when Pikachu smacked into the Mars exhibit and then fluttered down flattened like a piece of paper, reinflated, then got crushed by Swellow). Dragonite and Gengar double battle VS Lunatone and Solrock could be cool.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom