• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
But yes, very eager to see how they'll handle Kukui and Burnet. Part of me thinks they will avoid showing them so they don't have to deal with handling the passage of time and their child, but... I just want to see their cute baby. please! one can hope!

I will seriously riot if we don't get an Alolan family reunion :cry: Kukui and Burnet are just as important to me as the classmates! They added so much to SM and just had the best interactions with each other and with Ash. Throw in the baby and I'll probably explode from the sweetness of it all.

Honestly, the whole concept of time in this anime is such a mess they might as well just roll with it at this point. I won't even complain, I swear!

I am really, really looking forward to seeing the SM gang and Goh interact. I love all of them and seeing them together will be awesome. I wonder if he’ll still be nervous to accept all these new people as friends or if his recent experiences with Tokio will have opened himself up to more and more human friends (which could eventually lead to being friends with other companions and such). Having such a close-knit group of friends like the Alola gang would do Goh a lot of good.

This is actually something I've thought of in regards to bringing back old characters. There's such a stark contrast between Ash and Goh in terms of how they socialize. Goh is a lot more standoffish and nervous to make friends, and Ash has friends coming out of the woodwork from all over the place. Part of me wondered (and would actually quite like it) if part of the reason old characters were coming back was to further help Goh be able to open up and make friends. After all, he's gotten quite close with Ash, which we know isn't the norm for him. Who else better to form bonds with than other people who have also grown very close to Ash?

Oh, please tell me Lillie-tachii will get something because of their Masters event
(though it's doubtful)

We're going back to Alola soon!

Though it's just for one or two episodes, so I'm curious how that'll work out... :unsure:
Because I have trouble seeing how they'll fit Ash, Goh, AND the classmates minus Lillie into just one episode and it work (Mallow and Sophocles will probably go back to being space filler again)...

I would imagine that this isn't going to be the only time Ash will go back to Alola in this series.They probably won't go there frequently, but since they are going around different regions, hopefully they'll have other episodes set in Alola, if only so that the two episodes won't feel so rushed or that they try to cram in too much at once.

I would imagine that this isn't going to be the only time Ash will go back to Alola in this series.They probably won't go there frequently, but since they are going around different regions, hopefully they'll have other episodes set in Alola, if only so that the two episodes won't feel so rushed or that they try to cram in too much at once.
Tell that to Unova or Kalos too

And besides, as Lillie isn't showing up here, I think that they are going to save her return for a separate small arc that will resolve the Mohn subplot. Gladion and Lusamine may also return here too.

And besides, as Lillie isn't showing up here, I think that they are going to save her return for a separate small arc that will resolve the Mohn subplot. Gladion and Lusamine may also return here too.
That family clearly need an entire arc to finish the story with the bang it deserves

What's up, guys. We don't actually know whether or not any of Ash's reserved Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory or in training, including Bulbasaur and Muk, will appear in any of the Journeys episode from the anime. But, we'll find out in the future. Thanks. :)

I knew we hit the jackpot with next episode...but the jackpot just got bigger! :lapras:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE:
Sweet mother of Arceus, now CHUCK of all people is coming back in the Bea rematch episode! :eek:

I guess (almost) anything goes when it comes to old character after all! o_O

Last edited:
Yeah, out of all of the other Fighting type Gym Leaders they could have chosen from, Chuck would have been the last choice on my list. I didn't even think he was popular among Johto Gym Leaders. It's still a pretty nice touch, especially when it doesn't seem like a lot of second generation characters get much attention outside of Silver and even less so within the anime.

Older characters who have appeared so far.
Professor Oak (Counts since hasn't shown up since)
Lance
Korrina
Gurrkin
Alola Classmates
Burnet
Kukui
Giovanni
Matori
I have put in both Matori and Giovanni, since they have only appeared twice so far, so they still count as not being regular, same as Oak.

Characters who have appeared as cameo's
Diantha
Professor Elm
Gladion and Lillie (Flashback)

Characters set to appear
Chuck

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom