• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
That cameo from the Legend of Thunder characters was unexpected. Honestly though, I'm beyond happy to see Ritchie again, even if only in passing. Very welcome surprise indeed :bulbaLove:

Now, fingers crossed that Casey gets a moment in the spotlight too...
Would certainly be nice, Casey and Ritchie had so much potential as recurring characters that it was a shame they weren't used much outside of Chronicles

I didn't watch a whole lot of the Johto series but didn't Casey show up multiple times through it? She also showed up a few times in Pokemon Chronicles, so you'd think they were gonna do something, with her being a newbie trainer and all.

I didn't watch a whole lot of the Johto series but didn't Casey show up multiple times through it? She also showed up a few times in Pokemon Chronicles, so you'd think they were gonna do something, with her being a newbie trainer and all.
I think she only appeared three times in the main series.

She was only in 3 episodes, and in her last appearance she only had 4 Johto badges so she failed to make it to the league. She appears in 3 specials after that during the AG era and then disappeared forever.

She was basically set-up to be a rival for Ash in Johto but she just kinda...fizzled out? Johto was a poorly planned out arc so nothing really made sense what they did back then.

Was it ever stated that she had Badges?
Its been a long time since I watched that episode, (like about 10+ years), but I vaguely recall her showing Ash her badge case with only 4 Johto badges in her last Johto episode, to explain why she wasn't going to be in the league. I could be wrong I haven't seen the ep in a decade.

Its been a long time since I watched that episode, (like about 10+ years), but I vaguely recall her showing Ash her badge case with only 4 Johto badges in her last Johto episode, to explain why she wasn't going to be in the league. I could be wrong I haven't seen the ep in a decade.
You're half right. She just mentioned she had four Badges during her final main series appearance without showing them.

So if May doesn't get McLeaned (shame that she still can't talk even if she does finally appear in person again), do you think May will appear either reverted back to her Ruby and Sapphire anime outfit, still wear her Diamond and Pearl anime (Emerald) outfit, or in her ORAS outfit?

I doubt it, they would have to make a new design for her for what would amount to a 2-second still-screen cameo watching on TV like everyone else. I don't think she'll be shown but I imagine for nostalgia's sake (and that's what these cameos are for, nostalgia), she'll be back in her AG outfit.

Us not seeing Cilan here which was the most obvious cameo, along with no Dawn, Brock, or Misty watching their champions makes me think we may actually get a big companion meetup before the end of the series.

Or they’re saving them all to watch ash lol
I don't think that's happening unless Ash wins and he is being retired as the main protagonist after Journeys.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom