• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we're lucky we'll get maybe 2-3 more characters. But since they didn't even let Iris stay when it would have made sense means they probably don't want too many characters there at the same time.

Interesting fanart, but unfortunately it won't come to that.
Most of the companions will only pass the cameo.
All due respect, but I hope you're wrong. This is the biggest battle of Ash's life we're talking about here. If Dawn gets to be there, why not everyone else?

Realistically I can see 2-3 more. Maybe Serena, Brock or Misty.

I don't think any of the SM characters will be there in person and I don't think we'll see Bonnie/Clemont. It would also be strange to bring Iris back now when they had her leave for Cynthia but I'd rather her be there than not.

I like Dawn, I do, but I gotta admit: my heart sank when I saw her this morning. It's nice that she's at the battle, but she's been in so many Journeys episodes I don't get excited to see her anymore.

Hopefully they're holding out on some other appearances as a surprise.

I really like Dawn and her friendship with Chloe is pretty nice too, so I'm pretty happy that she's there in person to watch Ash's battle. I can understand to a degree why people would be annoyed seeing her when she has gotten more returns in Journeys than any other character, but I'm way more annoyed at her stagnant progress than anything else when it comes to Dawn and this series. Besides that, I don't think most other traveling companions are going to have more than cameos during the battle, if only because there are a lot of characters who would be watching it.

All due respect, but I hope you're wrong. This is the biggest battle of Ash's life we're talking about here. If Dawn gets to be there, why not everyone else?
I think some people can't be in the stadium for these reasons:
1) Gou and Iris are gone
1) May because of her VA situation
2) Max cannot travel alone (he is not yet 10)
3) VA Traceya and Cilana are too dear so they can't get a spoken role.

I really hope so. No offense to Dawn, but she's already gotten the most screentime of any of Ash's former traveling companions in Journeys bar none, so to see only her with Chloe in person would be a letdown in my eyes. I get why Dawn's the first confirmed companion there, and why she got so much focus in Journeys (BDSP/LA promotion,) but it still doesn't change the fact I'm kinda sick of seeing just her.
They confirmed surprise characters will cheer for Ash in stads and in summary they confirmed Ash's friends will watch match. It seems they don't want to spoil others. They chose Dawn because she has gotten most screentime as you said so showing Dawn isn't a big spoiler.

1665938000063.png

How do you think fans are probably going to react if the episode DP079 ended like this:
May (to Ash, Brock, and Dawn): I have to go now, my planet needs me... (her cel gets lifted off the screen)

(NOTE: May died on the way back to her home planet)

Kid watching a rerun of DP079 while playing ORAS: Wow! May came from another planet? Cool!

Will May and Max return for the finals, or is this likely May's final fate?

I am positive the reason as to why Cilan could not make a proper return is because of his voice actor. Back in the beginning of BW days, I remember reading along the lines by a Japanese online user on one of those platforms that his voice actor Mamoru Miyano is a popular artist and a costly one to that matter. Not sure how accurate the whole statement is, but I imagine it would cost quite a bunch of yens to make him return in a proper way.

I am positive the reason as to why Cilan could not make a proper return is because of his voice actor. Back in the beginning of BW days, I remember reading along the lines by a Japanese online user on one of those platforms that his voice actor Mamoru Miyano is a popular artist and a costly one to that matter. Not sure how accurate the whole statement is, but I imagine it would cost quite a bunch of yens to make him return in a proper way.
He can just return without a speaking role, just like tracey

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom