• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cameos!.jpg

Last edited:
I kept trying to tell myself I'd be grateful even if Misty and Brock were just shown watching him on TV, but honestly, I wouldn't be. I'd be super annoyed.

WELP.

And Misty looked so good in this art style too. What a waste.

I will admit it was cool seeing all of Ash's old Pokémon, but at this point Journeys has honestly made me very bitter so I still didn't have that strong of a reaction to it. I guess I'm just really bummed.

WELP.

And Misty looked so good in this art style too. What a waste.

I will admit it was cool seeing all of Ash's old Pokémon, but at this point Journeys has honestly made me very bitter so I still didn't have that strong of a reaction to it. I guess I'm just really bummed.
IMO, just seeing all of Ash's friends watching the battle in one way or another was aplenty.

It was pretty cool to see all of the traveling companions watching at the end. Although, it's still so weird to me that Misty of all characters might just have a cameo appearance. May and Max are understandable given the situation with May's voice actress, although it's a shame that we don't get see her meeting with Serena, and Cilan's voice actor might have been too expensive to get for an episode, but I don't know why Misty didn't get a proper appearance. Not only because they spent so much time in Kanto, but Cerulean City is so close to Vermillion City. Maybe they didn't really know how to incorporate her into the storyline, but it just feels like such a weird choice.

IMO, just seeing all of Ash's friends watching the battle in one way or another was aplenty.

Sorry, I just don't agree.

I still don't know why Dawn was the only one in the stadium. Quite frankly, it made no sense. And like @ii kanji said, and I totally agree with, I am not one of those who feels a cameo of an old companion is something to feel grateful for.

It's cool if others liked it and felt it was sufficient. I didn't.

Sorry, I just don't agree.

I still don't know why Dawn was the only one in the stadium. Quite frankly, it made no sense. And like @ii kanji said, and I totally agree with, I am not one of those who feels a cameo of an old companion is something to feel grateful for.

It's cool if others liked it and felt it was sufficient. I didn't.
My best guess is that either they couldn't get more of the voice actors back during these episodes or they didn't want to devote a lot of time to Ash's friends watching in the stadium in the mist of the battle. If most of the traveling companions were just going to be cameos, it just seems weird to wait until the last minute to show them. I like Dawn getting to watch in person since I think she had a really solid friendship with Ash during DP, but it's a shame that none of his other traveling companions were there. Iris not sticking around seems pretty strange too. She was already cheering on Ash during the first round, so you'd think that she'd want to cheer for him for the rest of the tournament in person too.

Misty looked awesome :bulbaLove: I hope we get another Cerulean gym episode some day.

My hopes with May and Max would be that the former got new clothes and some hints to what she's doing and that the latter would slightly grow up. I kinda got what I wanted out of May, but it still feels weird to see the other kind of contests in the anime.

Cilan, Brock and Alexa would make a fun trio. Can we see them again?

Ambipom and Larvitar made my day.:bulbaLove:

Iris not sticking around seems pretty strange too. She was already cheering on Ash during the first round, so you'd think that she'd want to cheer for him for the rest of the tournament in person too.

Yeah, that was one of the weirdest things to me (aside from Brock and Misty being MIA due to being the OG traveling companions.) Like...she was already there. Even if she had just stayed with the other champions and not said anything, it would've made more sense to me than shipping her out to watch on a tablet in a tree somewhere.

Yeah, that was one of the weirdest things to me (aside from Brock and Misty being MIA due to being the OG traveling companions.) Like...she was already there. Even if she had just stayed with the other champions and not said anything, it would've made more sense to me than shipping her out to watch on a tablet in a tree somewhere.
While I was never a fan of Dawn and Iris' friendship, having both of them at the stadium without addressing each other would have also been kind of strange. It could have also been an issue of not being able to afford Iris's voice actress for more than a few episodes, but it's still weird when you'd think she'd want to see Ash vs. Cynthia in person too. The minimal interactions between characters during the Master Class has been a weird choice. I understand that they'd want to focus on the battles and the non-Ash battles not being initially part of the plan could have been a factor too, but Ash barely interacting with Alain or Lance also seemed off to me.

The more I think about it, the fact that Dawn could show up in person for Ash vs. Leon but they didn't allow for Ash, Goh and Chloe to go to one of her Contests is so disappointing. The premise was so easy and right there. Even if they weren't willing to have Dawn win a Grand Festival, which feels even weaker when they have no problem with Ash becoming a World Champion, just being able to see a Contest again would have been so cool.

I spy with my little eye

As someone who's a huge fan of Todd, this moment basically felt like...
EyRJ4rXVgAImWNU.jpg

Anyway, a little late but I thought it was great to see everyone, especially the faces we haven't seen in such a long time like May and Cilan. And while I do wish she'd gotten a more formal appearance in this series, I gotta admit I'll always be happy to see Misty doing well. :bulbaLove:

I'm still holding out hope that the last episode has all of his old friends in it and is a big party in Masara Town. I know that's one of those fanfic-esque stories but after everyone making cameos in this most recent episode, it doesn't seem quite as unlikely. They wouldn't have to even get every voice actor back either- just have everyone cheer in a big crowd and then have Satoshi talking directly to a few of them. Maybe all of the ones who've had spoken lines in this series so far and maybe add in Kasumi or someone for good measure. Plus I would love it if the Rocket trio showed up, everyone prepared for them to steal Pokemon, and they were like "we came to celebrate too, we brought the booze orange juice!" and everyone just vibed.

It would really be a nice touch, and if this does end up being the end of the anime it would be the best note to end on.

I'm still holding out hope that the last episode has all of his old friends in it and is a big party in Masara Town. I know that's one of those fanfic-esque stories but after everyone making cameos in this most recent episode, it doesn't seem quite as unlikely. They wouldn't have to even get every voice actor back either- just have everyone cheer in a big crowd and then have Satoshi talking directly to a few of them. Maybe all of the ones who've had spoken lines in this series so far and maybe add in Kasumi or someone for good measure. Plus I would love it if the Rocket trio showed up, everyone prepared for them to steal Pokemon, and they were like "we came to celebrate too, we brought the booze orange juice!" and everyone just vibed.

It would really be a nice touch, and if this does end up being the end of the anime it would be the best note to end on.
This is exactly what I’m hoping for too! For Team Rocket, I imagine them showing up after everyone else does. Then, a collective “Rocket-Dan!!” is screamed out by every single person there, since all of them have met Team Rocket before. This leads to a brief pause, then we see Team Rocket laughing it off, with James putting his hand on Ash’s shoulder and reassuring him that they’ve known him since day 2. Meowth would say that they always knew Pikachu had this much potential, and Jessie would say that they wouldn’t have followed Pikachu for so long if they weren’t its biggest fans. It would be incredibly wholesome! Team Rocket absolutely deserves to be at Ash’s party to celebrate. They were the only people Ash personally knew that watched all three of his Masters Eight matches in person.

This is exactly what I’m hoping for too! For Team Rocket, I imagine them showing up after everyone else does. Then, a collective “Rocket-Dan!!” is screamed out by every single person there, since all of them have met Team Rocket before. This leads to a brief pause, then we see Team Rocket laughing it off, with James putting his hand on Ash’s shoulder and reassuring him that they’ve known him since day 2. Meowth would say that they always knew Pikachu had this much potential, and Jessie would say that they wouldn’t have followed Pikachu for so long if they weren’t its biggest fans. It would be incredibly wholesome! Team Rocket absolutely deserves to be at Ash’s party to celebrate. They were the only people Ash personally knew that watched all three of his Masters Eight matches in person.

I love this!

I also wanted to mention that the Team Rocket trio have been only recurring characters to have been at the stadium watching and cheering for Ash in many of his previous Pokemon leagues.

Seeing Max and Butterfree made my day

Seeing May and Serena, heavily absorbed and focused, holding each other's hands tightly and leaning against each other to convey support for Ash and Pikachu made for a day worthy of celebration. Sometimes a small scene seems to say too much.

The recollection of all of Ash's Pokémon was a very dear and nostalgic scene too.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom