• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: [OLD] The Writers' Workshop Rulebook & Information Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
August Newsletter - Wk I
  • New Chapters
    Chapter XXIII - Let Loose Your Spirit of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance, by @StolenMadWolf
    Three new chapters of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
    Episode 12: Delphox Leads the Readthrough of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
    Interlude: Treasures Around the Campfire of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
    Episode 25: Six Elements Come into Balance of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz
    Chapter 10 - Lioa of Coltar - The Prophecy, by @Cavespider_17
    Chapter 135 - Reconnecting of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation, by @namohysip

Review Game
    @Extension_Driver would like a review of Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders

August Newsletter - Week 2
  • tumblr_03b9b1bd5815ed2def52db94b196f34a_50d975d7_540-34.png

The gif didn't transfer to a gif, so take a still image of Wallace clapping. Also webp are my nemesis.
    New Fics

Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip
    A collection of oneshots based on writing prompts based on paint chips. Because paint chips are the bread of goodness. These also serve as a good way for me to explore other parts of my ficverse. Ratings will vary, and individual oneshots will be tagged and rated.

The Hero of Another Story by @AbraPunk
    One world ends, and another begins.

New Chapters

"Episode 13: The Stage Comes to Life" of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Two new chapters of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance by @StolenMadWolf

Two new chapters of Coltar - The Prophecy by @Cavespider_17

"Episode 26: Six Spirits Reach for the Stars" of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz

"Episode 12a: Clefairy and the Moon Stone (part 1)" of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz

Five new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

Review Game

August Newsletter - Week 3
  • 2285e8bd3456a3808834d877e19f4b9154f719f6.gifv

Summer's almost over​

New Releases
    Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer, by @System Error
    • The world's first Pokemon Rehabilitator, Nori Carino's job is to reform Pokemon that treatment facilities and veteran trainers cannot handle, giving them one final chance through his unorthodox take on training. His first assignment? A sadistic Pokemon once owned by a serial killer, which is equally murderous as his former trainer.
    New Chapters
    Episode 14: Delphox Delights the Phoenix, of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
    Epilogue: Let's Go Exploring, of Dragonspiral's Children, by @Spiteful Murkrow
    Chapter XXV - Always Audacity, of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance, by @StolenMadWolf
    Chapter 30: The way home! End of a chapter?, of The Joseph & Alice Podcast, by @JFrombaugh
    Anthology Addendum 2 of Nori's Poem Anthology, by @Nori
    Chapter 108 - Lilith Wing Rises Again of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
    Episode 12b: Clefairy and the Moon Stone (part 2), of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
    Episode 26: Six Spirits Reach for the Stars of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz

Review Game

September Newsletter - Week 1
  • bulbasaur-pokemon.gif

Getting ready for a Trick-or-Treating!
    (Artist: butt-berry)

Weekly News

The Writers' Workshop is hosting a brand new one-shot competition! This year's theme is Halloween -- expect plenty of goosebumps-worthy entries to enrich your nights until Hallow's End! You can register as a writer, judge, or both until September 15, so you have plenty of time to get your creative juices flowing! :D

New Releases

Context Switch (redux), by @Spiteful Murkrow
    • A tale of troubling projects, programming, and of glimpses into what Game Freak is up to in the world of Pokémon.
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hellfire Renegades, by @AbraPunk
    • A former Pokémon trainer is transported to a world where only Pokémon live. Turned into an Aron, and having to put up with an absolute nervous wreck of a Tyrogue, the pair must find out how to stop an impending catastrophe.
    Shattered Daybreak, by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon
    • Emelie finds herself the owner of a house on Hau'oli Outskirts. She learns she will be exploring Alola for a project she never signed up for. Unsure as to how she got here, she plays along with a narrative already constructed for her to see what happens.

When Melemele Island receives an unexpected guest who derails the annual festival held in honor of the Tapu and a young trial-goer's wish of battling his grandfather someday is called into question, Emelie must take an active role in protecting Alola's future.

(Ultra Sun AU, Isekai)
    Making the World Go 'Round (GtI), by @VeniaSilente
    • This is basically set early during the plot of Gates, with the now protagonist Tepig who is — and I must stress this — totally not a human, must try and find out about a Hydreigon he often sees in his dreams. Weeks have come and gone doing chores - until suddenly Feremiz notices a "little shop of horrors" near the town plaza that they had never checked out before.
    bric-à-brac [a flash fiction collection] by @silurica

• [noun] a miscellaneous collection of small articles commonly of ornamental or sentimental value

Hi! I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear. I may add more to this thread in the future if I write more miscellaneous stories of my pkmn characters under similar length.

New Chapters

Chapter 5, of Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders, by @Extension_Driver
    Gatekeeper's Story, of Fifth Path Supports, by @BackSet
    Chapter 137 - One Hour, of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation, by @namohysip
    Episode 27: Six Heroes Brainstorm Together and Episode 28: An Iconic Scene in Scarlet of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse), by @LightningTopaz
    Chapter 4, of Mutiny of the Blargg, by @Ihsan997
    Interlude: The Dragon Among Flowers, of Pokémon Lightning Yellow, by @LightningTopaz
    Slice 2: Iron Monster, of Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer, by @System Error
    Chapter Forty Four – Windblown from Sinnoh, of The Long Walk, by @Beth Pavell
    Chapter 111) Gentle Awakening, of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
    Chapter 14 - School, of Coltar - The Prophecy, by @Cavespider_17
    Interlude: The Emerald Leaf Bow on the Red Hill and Episode 15: A Readthrough of Six, of Pokémon: The Shimmering Stage, by @LightningTopaz
    Chapter 6, of Different Eyes, by @unrepentantAuthor

Review Game

@Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
    October - Week 1
  • New Releases
    Torchic's Sabotageshipping Drabble and Ficlet Collection by @Torchic W. Pip
    Be the Sabotageshipping you want to see in the world.

Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White by @matt0044
    Pokemon and Trainer alike start their story off on a rough patch. Things can only go up from here... hopefully.

The Queen of Kalos by @CinderArts
    Serena, the current Queen of Kalos, struggles to make ends meet in a world filled with a new form of celebrity stars — streamers, boy bands and influencers. But things brighten up for Serena when she meets Gloria, a girl who believes her powers are real. Together they travel throughout Galar for a performance, but she doesn't have the heart to reveal that her feats are merely tricks and risks financial ruin by giving her gifts supplied by her "performances."

New Chapters

Fate's Design of Pokémon: Journey by @joshthewriter
    A Dragon’s Ferocity of Like a Dragon by @Spiteful Murkrow
    Chapter 12: A Business Proposition of Star Performer by @MisheardWhisper
    Two new chapters of I'm a Marionette by @Torchic W. Pip
    Two new chapters of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip
    Nine new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover
    Chapter 139 – Gone, and Remembered of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip
    Recollection II: Name of Respect of Prema Kannagi: Memory of a Ghoul by @System Error
    Chapter Three: Hau I Met My...? of Shattered Daybreak by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon
    Two new chapters of Context Switch by @Spiteful Murkrow
    Episode 20: The Archer Princess Comes to Life of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz
    Bonus Chapter 1 - Dexes and Dungeons 1 of Pokémon Mystery DUngeon: Guardians of Balance by @StolenMadWolf
    Two new chapters of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz
    Two new chapters of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz
    Two new chapters of Mystic Prism by @galacticarticuno

Review Game

@Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon.

October Newsletter - Wk 2
  • tumblr_p7zzmqNJol1xrpawgo1_500.gif

Announcements
    We're into the last two weeks of writing time for the One-Shot contest! Give it your best shot!

New Releases
    Rocket Kitchen Roulette, by @columboisreal
    • Giovanni kidnaps Wallace, Nessa, Serena, Calem, Looker, Wattson, Volkner, and Sophocles and makes them participants in his roulette-themed cooking show. Tensions are high. Money is on the line. Nobody knows what’s going on.
    New Chapters
    Recollection III: Aims of a Friend of Prema Kannagi: Memory of a Ghoul, by @System Error
    Four new chapters of Dawn of Courage, by @CynthiaLover
    Chapter 11: Roses have Thorns, of White Swan, Black Swan, by @Sinderella
    Chapter Four: Alpha's Decision, of Mystic Prism, by @galacticarticuno
    Episode 34: A Rehearsal with Puppets, of The Shimmering Companion, by @LightningTopaz

Review Game
    @Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Chapter 1 of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon

October Newsletter - Wk 3
  • 67a0195dd92ce3126507e84a390dccdf.gif

Announcements
    We're in the home stretch of the one shot contest! Give it your best shot!!!

New Releases
    None
    Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 3.25.45 PM.png

New Chapters
    "A Dragon's Lineage" of Like a Dragon by @Spiteful Murkrow

"Miss Molly" of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip

Chapter 20 of I'm a Marionette by @Torchic W. Pip

Four new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

Chapter II.I - Darkness at Sea of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance by @StolenMadWolf

Episode 21: Taking the First Shot Onstage of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Episode 14a: The School of Hard Knocks (part 1) of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz

Three new chapters of Mystic Prism by @galacticarticuno

Review Game
    @Cherry_BombBees would like a review of Chapter 1 of Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon

October Newsletter - Wk 4
  • Bag_Strange_Ball_HOME_Sprite.png

Will you take the ball?​

Announcements
    We're getting several entries for the oneshot contest in! the deadline has been extended by a week, so don't fret if you're still editing! (Or writing. Or starting to write your story.)

New Releases
    Weakened Boundaries (Horror; Halloween 2022 one-shot contest) by @Daren
    "I don’t sleep well anymore, of course, and it’s difficult to get out much, even though Wilbert takes excellent care of me (people unfamiliar with Pokémon may find it surprising how gentle and affectionate a Luxray can be), and my friends and neighbors are very helpful..."

Nightmare by @joshthewriter
    "The night was black. That was not unusual. The night was always black in Alamos Town. Nestled atop an isolated mesa to the north of the Oreburgh Valley, it was shielded from the radiant light of Jubilife and Hearthome by the small peaks of the Ravaged Path in the west and by the indomitable Coronet Highlands to the east. On top of that, the light from Oreburgh city was hidden by the valley walls and Eterna was shrouded by the outskirts of the forest. So, night was always darker in Alamos. Darker than it was in most of Sinnoh..."

Eaten Dreams of a Viridian World (Halloween one-shot) by @Aozora
    Hi everyone - this is my entry for the Halloween one-shot event. It is based on and takes place in the Pokémon world, but isn't necessarily meant to adhere to any specific canon. The main character, Mina, can be thought of as the female protagonist from the FRLG games (it is one of the names you can choose in those games, and without spoiling too much, I felt like it fits thematically). This story chronicles her experiences with the supernatural and attempting to uncover the true nature of her world. Another character that might not be obvious in this story is Sird.

My Halloween Contest One-Shot story: The Romani Ranch Abduction by @Greninjaman
    Do I really need to explain? This is Romani's abduction by aliens/ghosts/whatever those things were, but from Romani's perspective. I did alter things a bit to make the story work. While it does not quite have 2,000 words, I decided to be careful since I didn't want to go crazy with ideas only to end up over the 10,000-word limit. If I did, I would have to make changes and that would be annoying. I wanted to explore what happened during Romani's time in the orb/spaceship. This was the original idea that I had for the contest, but then I swapped to other Legend of Zelda ideas, like conquering one's fear. I also swapped to Pokémon for a bit, but nothing really worked since I felt they would need more than 10,000 words due to how complex they were. This idea works because it is simple due to only being about one specific event: The abduction and what happened between Romani's abduction and Romani's return.

Team Rocket's Annual Halloween Bash by @columboisreal
    Looker is forced to help Giovanni with his Halloween Party schemes.

The Red Fog of Terror - Halloween One-Shot by @Lone_Garurumon
    And here is my Halloween One-Shot entry. As the title implies, I based the concept off of the Pokestar Studios production from Pokemon Black and White 2 by the same name. Some aspects are carried over from the original, but several aspects are my own invention, and overall I feel I've done enough to make the concept my own. So please, enjoy.

Lost in Space (autumn 2020 oneshot entry) by @iG.maliant
    inspired by: https://twitter.com/KaatokunArt/status/1567062628656087042
    initialising… ... ... Infected Mushroom & Tuna - Lost In Space (feat. A-Wa) [Monstercat Release]

initialisation complete. are we live? good, we are. lets go.

Lifetime Achievement Award (Halloween 2022 One Shot Contest) by @Torchic W. Pip
    This is your last ride ever, forever
    Fill up your lungs - feel better?
    Look - it's you, good as new
    New hands, new throat, new living tissue
    You earned this new purpose
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Extra: Trick or Treat by @Spiteful Murkrow

New Chapters
    "Love Birds" of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip

"Chapter 141 - Final Wings" of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip

"Episode 36: Raikou Brings An Adventure to Life" of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) by @LightningTopaz

"Part 5 - if ( Project->Status() != COMPLETE ) do debugging();" of Context Switch by @Spiteful Murkrow

Two new chapters of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

"Chapter 3: Silly Stick In The Muds" of Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter One by @matt0044

"Part 2: New World Order" of The Hero of Another Story by @AbraPunk

Chapter 21 of I'm a Marionette by @Torchic W. Pip

"Slice 6:" of Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer by @System Error

Seven new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

"Death of Duty, Chapter 19: Mission" of Journey by @joshthewriter

"Chapter 18: Oh Deerling" of The Journey to Mend Broken Things by @Poke Dragon

"Episode 22: Best Friends Make Their Debut" of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Chapter 2 of Rocket Kitchen Roulette by @columboisreal

Review Game

November Newsletter
  • Announcements
    Oneshot voting is live and well! You have until this Friday to vote.

New Releases

Of Ghosts, Idols, Conductors, and Haunted Washing Machines [halloween 2022 oneshot, by lisia~] by @lisianthus
    Lisia and Emmet are both members of a celebrity variety show, and it was decided that they would explore a haunted mansion together.

They're very different people, but that's why their pairing was one that viewers wanted to see!

What will they find? Who will they meet?

...and why does Lisia have a Rotom?

A Twist of Fate by @Minnachu
    On their first encounter with Yveltal, something happened that would shatter Val's heart. Yveltal's attack strikes the car they're in and it looks as if Val has lost Kōki and their morfar for good! Now stuck in the middle of nowhere with no food or shelter, Val gets desperate in trying to prevent Kōki from dying of hypothermia. Val comes across a kind lady named Sigrid who offers assistance, but is this actually a lucky break or is there more than meets the eye?

Rockets for Halloween by @System Error
    "It started one evening in late ‘83
    The start of a custom that brought people glee!..."

Hexed by @Ryoma Maser
    Elara wasn't a normal Hex Maniac, she didn't like Ghost Pokémon that much. Though one outburst from Elara makes the Ghosts who are attracted to her take things much too far.

Once Upon a Wintertime by @Torchic W. Pip
    When we say, "Goodbye, December"
    Merry bells no longer chime
    We'll remember once upon a wintertime
    - "Once Upon a Wintertime", Melody Time (1948)

A Thousand Words by @TwinklingCupcake
    ""Okay... little closer... little more..."

The dappled sunlight shone gently on the eleven-year-old girl as she waddled forward in her crouching position. She held a pink camera up to her eye, carefully zooming in and adjusting the focus. In front of her was a huge bed of fluffy yellow flowers, the air thick with their sweet aroma. But the girl wasn't taking a picture of the flowers.

Instead, her focus was on the Oddish half-submerged in the middle, napping peacefully..."

Paradigm Shift: Atonement by @Extension_Driver
    A decade after the Pokemon arrive on Earth, a former Children of Earth member, seeking redemption, joins a Pokemon rescue team. The nature of the work will leave not just her combat skills tested, but also her belief that the Pokemon were unfailing responsible for the damage done to her home as well.

Full Moons and Quarter Life Crises by @jukibernina
    Nacho has a problem. He helps himself by making it //everyone's// problem.

We Don't Go To Anville Town by @Blanc
    "We are sorry. This route is unavailable, would you like to try another?"

Pokemon One-Shot Contest (newpokemonfan) by @newpokemonfan
    "The air in Johto was beginning to get cooler. The trees were turning beautiful shades of wine red and ginger orange, the ground became carpets of the same hues. Stepping outside, the atmosphere smelled cleaner and it felt crisper. It was the perfect sweater weather. Everyone was pulling out last year’s boxes of warm clothes and getting ready to say goodbye to the hot summer nights..."

New Chapters

Chapter Four: Hau the Mighty Fell of Shattered Daybreak by @HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon

Two new chapters of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by @namohysip

A Dragon's Savior of Like a Dragon by @Spiteful Murkrow

Chapter Six: Setting Sail of Mystic Prism by @galacticarticuno

More random stuff @RavenRaziel98 wrote

Eleven new chapters of Dawn of Courage by @CynthiaLover

White Diamond of Capture a Moment by @Torchic W. Pip

Two new chapters of Pokemon: The Shimmering Stage by @LightningTopaz

Slice 7: Dagger in the Heart of Nori Carino: Blade of the Blackout Killer by @System Error

Two new chapters of The Shimmering Companion (vignettes, sidestories, and extras to the main theater-verse) @LightningTopaz

Chapter 10: Tokoyami’s Past of Revelry in the Dark (a My Hero Academia fanfic) by @Jared DiCarlo

Two new chapters of Context Switch by @Spiteful Murkrow

Chapter 4: All in the Family of Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter One by @matt0044

Three new chapters of Pokemon Lightning Yellow by @LightningTopaz

Review Game

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom