• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Older Ash???

well in that flashback Serena had, Ash looked to be 9 years and 360 days old

It's just the animation style - everyone seems to have gotten taller and slimmer

.png

BW threw us this same loop: Ash looks a bit older! Maybe he's 11 this ti-"I'm 10 years old!"- oh ok then.

XY might do the same damn thing.

My guess is that he won't age until the end of the Pokemon anime. After that, then maybe they'll finally have a new protagonist? I don't know, but I doubt it. It'd be really awesome if Ash was a teenager though!

I don't know but I always enjoyed young Ash and I don't want them to make him look older because that will ruin Ash for me. It's fine if they made him more mature etc.. but please don't change his appearance. I've always preferred his art style in BW.

It's just the animation style - everyone seems to have gotten taller and slimmer

View attachment 90169

Gee, only Jenny looks the best out of everyone. I've grown sick of Nurse Joy since the Hoenn days and we all know Giovanni won't be shown for gaps at a time so it probably won't matter.

A far as Ash goes, it would be weird if he was suddenly got older than he was before after all this time. They should have never mentioned his age in BW and then we wouldn't be having these discussions.

Too be Honest, Ash does Not Look Older to Me at least but I Could be Wrong I Think.

Ash does look slimmer and taller than in the BW series, but it could be due to the new style. Won't be surprised if he's still the same age.

I'm really fine either way. Just don't go back and forth on his age. TheJWittz on YouTube just made a video about this a few years ago. Ash is supposed to be 26! (10 years + 16 years of the anime)

But the anime has only ever mentioned him being 10, then 11 (in the DP saga), then back to 10 in BW… -_-

I don't really care because to me him, Misty, Iris, Dawn and May all looked 15 or 16 to me while Max looked 10 (Brock, Tracey and Cilan looked 19 instead of 15, and Jessie and James' 17 year old selves looked 23) lol

I'm really fine either way. Just don't go back and forth on his age. TheJWittz on YouTube just made a video about this a few years ago. Ash is supposed to be 26! (10 years + 16 years of the anime)

But the anime has only ever mentioned him being 10, then 11 (in the DP saga), then back to 10 in BW… -_-

I don't really care because to me him, Misty, Iris, Dawn and May all looked 15 or 16 to me while Max looked 10 (Brock, Tracey and Cilan looked 19 instead of 15, and Jessie and James' 17 year old selves looked 23) lol

When did they say Ash was 11 in DP?

He was never stated to be 11 lol.

Aye, there's the rub; a LOT of animes make their characters look older than they're supposed to be. Like how you sure wouldn't know the Sailor Scouts are 14-16 to look at 'em. Or how as the Ichigo and friends really don't look 15. And, of course, the cast of Highschool of the Dead (especially the girls), who REALLY don't look like teenagers...

I want Ash to age, so that way they can move on to a new protagonist. As much as I love Ash, I'm getting a little tired of him.

When did they say Ash was 11 in DP?

[video=youtube_share;_hyqxT0OmYw]http://youtu.be/_hyqxT0OmYw[/video]

He was never stated to be 11 lol.

[video=youtube_share;_hyqxT0OmYw]http://youtu.be/_hyqxT0OmYw[/video]

2:00-2:20

Aye, there's the rub; a LOT of animes make their characters look older than they're supposed to be. Like how you sure wouldn't know the Sailor Scouts are 14-16 to look at 'em. Or how as the Ichigo and friends really don't look 15. And, of course, the cast of Highschool of the Dead (especially the girls), who REALLY don't look like teenagers...

The sailor moon girls are 14-16? I can see 16 (girls develop VERY EARLY in the NorthEastern part of the USA) but 14? Oh my gosh! lol

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom