• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Older Ash???

Satoshi definitely grew taller between the original and advanced series. However, the only change I see between BW and XY Satoshi is that he has longer hair and visible teeth.

I'm not saying that kids can't relate to older characters, just stating that this is the opinion they had about it. At least that's what i read.
Of course. I'm saying whoever decided that Satoshi *needs* to be ten in order to relate to younger kids has terrible logic, 'tis all.

(Those older characters in BW, and a certain mustached plumber and mute teen with a Master Sword sure keep kids from playing Nintendo games!)
I guess they just want the character to be the same age as the target demographic, not that I agree...

Not even in Pokemon would I believe that hair grows like that in a day...
Ash could easily have hidden that hair behind his ears, and now he decided to have it over the ears instead. I did that when I was a little kid, it's not impossible.

Unless airplanes make him age in a day, nope. It''s not happening and I betcha they are going to say that he's ten again.

Ought to be careful. Some scenes in the anime give the impression that he's aged, but in some other he looks just as he used to except for the fact that some hair tries to cover his ears. However, if we think about it, they have used the same character "model" to make Ash (or Satoshi) all this long, thye've just changed his clothes. Why make changes like the hair growth? Why does he appears at least some months older? Is a change in the series that i beleive would attract audience in another context; perhaps if some other things changed; but this clearly show us that they are looking forward to larger rating points that they are not getting, leading to some nostalgic -if you'd say- modification of the classic main character we know so well. Sad part is that if some things don't start changing, we might soon not see Ash again (and slight desing changes won't help revert that) (otherwise, why change?)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom