• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire anime short to air Nov. 16: To air on Japanese broadcaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire anime short to air Nov. 16: To air on Japanese broadcaster BS Japan

A special anime short based on Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will air on BS Japan on Nov. 16, 2014.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire anime short to air Nov. 16: To air on Japanese broadcas

Oh please let it be as good that sweet, awesome short B2/W2 had!

I already have a feeling Teams Aqua and Magma will be used (a lot) better used than in the Show ;-)

Though I guess this means we won't be getting a guest appearance by May in the Show after all :-(

Last edited:
Re: Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire anime short to air Nov. 16: To air on Japanese broadcas

Given that Movie 7 lasts 90 minutes and that Shoko will reveal something OR/AS related, the special is expected to last between 5 and 10 minutes.

I'm surprised of two things:
-That this is going to air at all one week before release.
-That this is going to air in BS Japan**.

**The question is, who channel is BS Japan? I explain in detail.

BS Japan is one of the channels that the TXN has.

The network TXN has the following channels around Japan:
-TV Tokyo (prefectures of Tokyo, Kanagawa,Saitama, Chiba, Gunma, Ibaraki and Tochigi)
_TV Osaka (Osaka)
-TV Aichi (Aichi)
-TVQ Kyushu (Fukuoka)
-TV Hokkaido (Hokkaido)
-TV Setouichi (Kagawa and Okayama)
-BS Japan (Nationwide through Satelite)

The first 6 channels air in different parts of Japan and airs the episodes on simulcast Thursday at 7:00 PM. BS Japan is the satellite network of TXN that airs different programming than the anime. Pokemon XY airs there Sundays at 7:00 AM and they are really behind the Tv tokyo schedule. Apart of this there are other 31 channels (ont he oficial site) that air Pocket Monsters in zones where TXN isn't available (which is a big part of Japan)

Why they decide to air the special first here and not on TV Tokyo? I don't know, but it's strange to do this decision.

Why they decide to air the special first here and not on TV Tokyo? I don't know, but it's strange to do this decision.
As long as they upload it to Youtube, I don't think it matters. I believe that they only aired the B2W2 animated trailer after the games' release, whereas they uploaded it to Youtube a month prior to the release.

Oh please let it be as good that sweet, awesome short B2/W2 had!

I was originally thinking more like Pokemon Origins, except only one episode instead of four. Either way, i'm sure it's gonna be good and i hope it won't be too long before we get it dubbed. I would think they'd still wanna release the English version close to the ORAS release.

OH GOD, I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS!!!! Excitement aside, based on how long previous movie accompaniment shorts have been, I actually estimate this to be around 20 minutes. Which should be just enough time to document several major events (Ex. Picking starters, gym battles, encountering Team Magma and Aqua, meeting legendaries, etc.).

P.S.: Brendan and May are freaking adorable, they look exactly like the game artwork!

Last edited:

And here's a thought...what if they add another scene or two later like with the B2W2 trailer :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom