• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Release Dates!

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
From E3:

Japan/South Korea/North America/Australia: 21st November
Europe: 28th November

Well, Europe getting the games later is an odd one, considering that every other region (barring Korea) is getting the game on the 21st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it being released in Europe so late? I want a good reason for this because it should be a simultaneous release. Other than BW and XY the UK have always gotten the short end of the stick.

I can't believe this, why are they screaming worldwide when EU gets it a whole week after everybody else? What's the reason?
So disappointed now...

At least it's not months like the game releases used to be. A week can go by fast.

I am flippin FURIOUS at the week delay. People like to say I'm overreacting, but when there are the most hyped Pokemon games in quite a while and two thirds of the frikkin WORLD are playing it and posting it, this is downright terrible and frankly I encourage flaming and complaining to nintendo until they cave in. It's not like they don't have several months to change their mind and send the stock over. There is ZERO reason for the delay at all and it just P's me off so badly!

So much for a worldwide release! Why the heck do we have to wait an entire week?

No reason, that's why! They have NO reason to do this other than to hurt their sales and public trust!

It probably has to do with the EShop overload that happened around XY and Bank.

Well then, delay the ESHOP release! Don't penalise people who want to get a PHYSICAL COPY.

One theory I've heard, is that as the XY leaks started in Europe, this is a sort of punishment.

If so, Nintendo Japan are bigger babies than a Smoochum.

No, it wouldn't make sense to "punish" europe (again, harming their sales and public trust) because of tiny leaks in one part of Europe (Italy), which also occurred in FAR more detail in Canada (where they actually SOLD the games early and 'heads would roll').

Also, Japan doesn't get it earlier.

Japan: November 12th
America November 21st
Europe: November 28th
Everywhere is listing Japan was 21st, just like America.

No, it wouldn't make sense to "punish" europe (again, harming their sales and public trust) because of tiny leaks in one part of Europe (Italy), which also occurred in FAR more detail in Canada (where they actually SOLD the games early and 'heads would roll').

Also, Japan doesn't get it earlier.
Certainly, if the reasoning is true (which I doubt it is), then it's incredibly stupid. And sure, Japan isn't getting it earlier but that's not the issue - it's that Europe is getting it last for seemingly no reason.

Last edited:
Yeah, if Japan got it earlier I'd feel less mad because then it would just be that we've returned to the normal (step backward) release pattern. Sorry if it seems like i'm posting too much here. I make like...eveyr second comment. I guess I needed to hawk this thread to vent.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom