• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Release Dates!

There were leaks worldwide, and frankly if it were the reason then it seems like investors in the company from affected counties will most likely lose some trust in Nintendo.

But this IS an interesting development. It makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes. If there's one thing Nintendo has never been good at, it's transparancy.

The Pokémon Company International's support has apparently confirmed that the Canadian release date is 21st November, like the US/Japan. Waiting for 100% confirmation.

Maybe to censor the Game Corner gambling? America doesn't have a problem with gambling. Vegas is all about gambling.

Based on the screenshots and considering how true to the originals they seem to be so far it's possible, but would they really have left it so long that they'd need an extra week to do it?

Maybe to censor the Game Corner gambling? America doesn't have a problem with gambling. Vegas is all about gambling.

Based on the screenshots and considering how true to the originals they seem to be so far it's possible, but would they really have left it so long that they'd need an extra week to do it?
The game corner was replaced with Voltorb Flip in HeartGold/SoulSilver. So I imagine the same will happen here.

The game corner was replaced with Voltorb Flip in HeartGold/SoulSilver. So I imagine the same will happen here.

It doesn't seem like the Game Corner is even there anymore, based off the little we can see in the map. But either way, I presume whatever happens to it will be consistent across all versions of the game. Even Japan didn't get slots from BW onwards.

My guess is the week delay can be attributed to the fact that Europe covers such a significantly large scope of languages, and production could take a little longer in regards to manufacturing (boxes, manuals, cartridges, etc.). But at least we got the Canada date now.

I doubt the language barrier has anything to do with is, because why would Britain and the Republic of Ireland need to have different versions? I assume it could be EU regulations as trade is all complicated because of that to keep everything consistent.

I still think the region lock is the most horrendous idea they've come up with. It harms sales so much! (So many Japanese games I wish to play...)

Did they really say ORAS would be a simultaneous worldwide release? I only remember (vaguely) the first teaser mentioned a worldwide November release. In that case, it's not breaking any expectations. It's coming out worldwide within November, so yeah. Worldwide release does not imply simultaneous unless they specify a date. All they specified is the month, and it is coming out in that month worldwide.

Otherwise, if they did say something at E3 regarding November 21st worldwide, then yeah... what the hell Nintendo?

You're actually correct. The trailer says: "Launching Worldwide November 2014". So...it technically is still true what was stated in the video.
Exactly.

They said it was launching worldwide in November. That didn't necessarily mean that it would be on the same day. Yeah, it's frustrating but it is technically correct.

Now, I live in the States. I'll be getting the game on November 21st. If I had to wait an additional week, I'd be upset too. But it could be a lot worse: it was around a six month wait for Pokemon Black and White. I had to sit on my skidplate and wait for nearly half a year before I could get my hands on Black and start playing it. That's a lot of shinies I missed on the Unova GTS, as well as game play in general. To put it bluntly, that was seriously irritating. So yeah, the circumstances could suck a lot more.

Not to sound whining, but it is alot worse for Europe to wait on the states, than it is to wait on Japan. There is alot less japanese on the social networks and the like that us europeans use than there is americans.
Plus there seems to be no reason, there is no translatsion issue (at least for the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia), and as X and Y could be a true world wide release, it leave a sour taste in my mouth

My guess is the week delay can be attributed to the fact that Europe covers such a significantly large scope of languages, and production could take a little longer in regards to manufacturing (boxes, manuals, cartridges, etc.). But at least we got the Canada date now.
Except Nintendo have already shown that they can do an international release with Pokémon X and Y, so I don't see why that would suddenly become an issue.

No, they failed at that last time, the online store couldn't handle it. I don't get why everyone got on the punish-for-leaked-bandwagon, when bandwidth issues are much more likely. And they want us to buy the games digitally since that saves them a lot of money, and a huge portion of the people that would get the games digitally wont if they have to wait a week to get it. Thus the cartridges had to be postponed as well.

No, they failed at that last time, the online store couldn't handle it. I don't get why everyone got on the punish-for-leaked-bandwagon, when bandwidth issues are much more likely. And they want us to buy the games digitally since that saves them a lot of money, and a huge portion of the people that would get the games digitally wont if they have to wait a week to get it. Thus the cartridges had to be postponed as well.
Except there were no issues with the launch of Pokémon X and Y - everything went perfectly. It was Pokémon Bank that stressed out Nintendo's servers with the amount of times it had to connect to Nintendo Network to work (which was drastically reduced in the relaunch).

It is possible that the reason for such a large gap (as opposed to 2 or 3 days, which has been the standard with games like Mario Kart 8 and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) is that Nintendo are being cautious about not blowing things up again.

Places in Europe sold X and Y early last year so I'm guessing this is Nintendo's way at getting back at them.

Get over it it's only a week.

Places in Canada also sold them earlier, yet they aren't being punished (also why should us in the UK/France/Spain/etc be punished for Italy doing it?)

It's also ironic how you're telling us to get over it (going as far as to bump up a month old in thread to tell people to "get over it", like there's been continuous complaining about it, when the thread's been dead for a month clearly proves otherwise) when American fans typically always moan whenever they get anything behind anywhere else. Remember BW being released in Europe two days before America? Yeah, there was American fans complaining everywhere. It happens everytime, nowhere can have anything before America otherwise it's unfair, but the rest of the world has to "get over it" whenever we have to wait. It's actually hilarious. We had to wait two months after America for Platinum too, but yeah, we're the ones that need to get over it, that's right. So your post and tone is not only unnecessarily patronising but incredibly ironic.

I couldn't care less about a week, it'll fly by and also means I'll get to know which Mega stones I can get to help my plan team in advance, but punishing the entirety of Europe for one country breaking the date, while also allowing Canada (who did the same thing as Italy) the same release as the rest of the world, makes absolutely no sense.

Except Nintendo have already shown that they can do an international release with Pokémon X and Y, so I don't see why that would suddenly become an issue.

I'm pretty sure it's the Game Corner that's slowing it down, it has to go through the rating system and stuff doesn't it. I wonder if they'll just remove it completely and replace it with Voltorb Flip or something again.

I'm here to offer a trade: I will live somewhere in Europe and take the later release date. One of you can take my place in the middle of the US.

I'm European and i don't really mind that Europe is getting the game a week later than America, but i bet if it was the other way around (Europe getting the game a week earlier than America) the aumont of American players bitching and moaning about it would be a lot bigger than the aumont of European players that are currently complaining, so i find really ironic when American players say to the European players to get over it.

They went nuts when Europe got Pokemonbank a day early even when they knew what their date was.
I'm still not pleased with the release being a week later as many people actually want to enjoy it spoilerless (to the extent you can, I've tried to since it was announced but Youtube and such keep showing me images.)
So many of us do have to avoid the internet for that week.

Plus when Japan got it earlier it was expected due to translation and everything. Less Japanese players posted things everywhere and I hardly saw any spoilers so we were never that bothered.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom