• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Pokémon Emerald Birth Island

full page on it and if they knew this to be a hack it wouldn't be on the events page
Grasping at straws much? Serebii created that page upon Emerald's launch because he assumed that the data would be used one day, and it was in fact used in Europe.

Secondly, Emerald is compatible with the Wonder Spots and thus can get the Mystic & Aurora Tickets so Nintendo added and enhanced Navel Rock & Birth Island into it

That's a quote from the day it was found. I'd assume that someone took they're game to a Wonder Spot and was able to get the two tickets.

Pokémon Emerald Birth Island

full page on it and if they knew this to be a hack it wouldn't be on the events page
Grasping at straws much? Serebii created that page upon Emerald's launch because he assumed that the data would be used one day, and it was in fact used in Europe.

Once again the deoxys event for japan would no longer be listed if it didn't happen.

and now the mod as seen this so lets get back on topic

RSE remakes would be the perfect moment to give Castform something special so it can expand its weather forms.

- Sandstorm form. Why this wasn't done before...idk
- Fog form. Fog exists in Hoenn - just not as a weather condition in Gen3. Make it one like Gen4, then good.

Would feel weird though, only being able to access one island out of nine, with it not being tied to an event

Navel Rock and Birth Island are so unrelated to the other Sevii Islands that I have no idea why people are even saying they are to begin with. They don't share the same naming scheme (i.e. they're not called Eight Island and Nine Island, they use actual names) and they're not referenced anywhere in game. I see absolutely no problem with them including those two and not the others. And the reason I said Navel Rock should be accessible without an event is because it doesn't make much sense nowadays for them to be event and because Ho-oh and Lugia are hard to come by right now (the only way to get them is if you own HGSS or if you transfer them all the way from 3rd gen).

-"The problem is that nothing supports the idea to begin with." The effing heck? What do you mean nothing supports the idea to being with? Look at all the different pieces of evidence, hints, past remake release patterns, the fact that they WILL happen, etc. There are so many things supporting RS remakes. I don't care to restate most of them, so just look back at some of my posts (yes a few are a bit older, but you can find them. You did quote one or two) and at so many other reasons given by other posters. The statement that nothing supports the idea to begin with is simply wrong. :/

There's no concrete evidence supporting a RS remake. Hoenn hasn't really been referenced more than any other game, and the only solid hint we have right now of a new game is the hiker in XY referencing a completely new region.

And past remake patterns? Don't make me laugh. If they were following patterns, we would've gotten it in 5th gen.

- Fog form. Fog exists in Hoenn - just not as a weather condition in Gen3. Make it one like Gen4, then good.

Where?

@Bolt the Cat; Outside Mt. Pyre. It wasn't a weather condition back then (Fog became a weather condition in Gen 4). So maybe if they brought back Fog in Generation 3 and made it a weather condition (like in Gen4), it would be pretty awesome. Maybe they can add Fog to other places as well.

@Bolt the Cat; Outside Mt. Pyre. It wasn't a weather condition back then (Fog became a weather condition in Gen 4). So maybe if they brought back Fog in Generation 3 and made it a weather condition (like in Gen4), it would be pretty awesome. Maybe they can add Fog to other places as well.

Oh dear Arceus, I hope not. Fog is really annoying and pointless.

The Accuracy-lowering thing is annoying, but I like Fog as a theme. I wouldn't mind seeing it returning if they changed the effect a bit, though low Accuracy probably makes too much sense to alter like that.

Oh dear Arceus, I hope not. Fog is really annoying and pointless.

The Accuracy-lowering thing is annoying, but I like Fog as a theme. I wouldn't mind seeing it returning if they changed the effect a bit, though low Accuracy probably makes too much sense to alter like that.

If RSE remakes happen in Gen7, they could add new moves that take advantage of the Fog condition, and additional abilities specifically made for Fog. Since Fog would be a weather condition, abilities like Cloud Nine will help just fine, and there's Defog as well.

If RSE remakes happen in Gen7, they could add new moves that take advantage of the Fog condition, and additional abilities specifically made for Fog. Since Fog would be a weather condition, abilities like Cloud Nine will help just fine, and there's Defog as well.

Assuming they can update XY with new data, couldn't they add new moves and abilities in remakes?

Whatever you say. The logic is flawed since Mega Blaziken has been available for a while and the anime is promoting several Mega Evolutions (particularly Generation I ones), and there could be any number of Mega Evolutions being planned for the rest of this generation. Latias and Latios being event-exclusive wouldn't be anything new.

Agree to disagree. No big deal.

Nothing indicates that any main series game will be released this year.

Nothing really indicates that any main series game definitely won't be released this year. Until about the time E3 has passed, anything could happen. HGSS were announced in May and were released a short 4 months later.

I wasn't referring to the idea of remakes as a whole, although I certainly disagree with your hypothesis that there are many things supporting it. It's mostly wishful thinking

It's not wishful thinking (despite the fact that I do want them). Disagreeing with my several different hypothesis is fine.

This kind of approach is exactly the problem here. When you've convinced yourself of something, you are past caring about logical arguments.

All I care about in debating is logical arguments. And I didn't have to convince myself of it. It's a simple fact. I have no idea why they wouldn't do remakes. I've said several things before, but bottom line is $$$. They want $$$ and they have the resources to make buttloads more. If anything, you seem like you've convinced yourself that remakes won't happen. The whole movie promotion and deoxys argument was weak. The complete denial of support for RS remakes being seen in slight patterns, evidence, and $$$ was obvious. And the escape to mudslinging about me being illogical, wishfully thinking, avoiding the topic of evidence shown by me and other posters, etc. was slightly childish and shows that you've run out of good arguments.

And past remake patterns? Don't make me laugh. If they were following patterns, we would've gotten it in 5th gen.

Wrong. We wouldn't have gotten them 5th gen going by the remake patterns I stated before.

LGFR were released the year of their 8th anniversary.
HGSS released the year of their 10th anniversary.
RS remakes 12th anniversary is this year (in Japan).
8-10-12
It's not a very strong pattern, no, but it has yet to be passed up.

In addition, rather than going every other generation of Pokemon, they're going every other generation of handheld system, in which case the 3DS would satisfy that with the GBA. But still, patterns are not everything. If you simply want to look at RS remakes from a real-world business standpoint, they will make millions of moolah and making RS remakes will cost less money and less time than new generation games due to already having a region, pokemon, story, characters, etc.

Assuming they can update XY with new data, couldn't they add new moves and abilities in remakes?

Yes, I believe the 3DS has the ability to re-write games and add-in completely new data.

The_Doctor said:
Nothing really indicates that any main series game definitely won't be released this year. Until about the time E3 has passed, anything could happen. HGSS were announced in May and were released a short 4 months later.
The fact of the matter is that HGSS were released a whopping three years into Generation IV, because Game Freak actually took their time with those games. Perhaps the anniversary made them release HGSS after Platinum, but even that game was released two years after its predecessors. Even FRLG were not released in 2003, and those games had a good reason to be released early due to the unobtainable Pokémon.

It isn't impossible that they may be in a rush to release another game by the end of this year, but you haven't explained why you think that is the case. Wishful thinking isn't enough.

I have no idea why they wouldn't do remakes. I've said several things before, but bottom line is $$$. They want $$$ and they have the resources to make buttloads more.
Remakes are simply not the only way to make money. Chances are that the remakes would sell worse than FRLG and HGSS for the simple reason that Ruby and Sapphire themselves had much lower sales than their predecessors. They would still be successful, but in no way are they the best way to generate profit. If you actually read the HGSS interviews, you'll see that those games weren't that easy to develop.

We actually had evidence that Game Freak were at least considering Gold and Silver remakes: There was location data in Diamond and Pearl for Johto and for Gold and Silver as version names. We don't know about anything like that in regard to Hoenn. On the contrary, the Strange Souvenir references are a very clear sign that there is a new region that we'll see in "due time", which most likely means sooner (in this generation) rather than later. Many remake supporters were desperate to believe that the region was Hoenn, but the in-game text proved them wrong.

Last edited:

Mega Blaziken really feels like a teaser, because it made people think about Megas for other two Hoenn starters.
What do Mega Charizard X and Y mean for Venusaur and Blastoise? Anyway, Mega Evolutions can obviously be introduced in any game, and right now the mechanic is heavily tied to Kalos.
It most likely means that Game Freak considers Charizard as the most popular Kanto starter and gives it the most promotion. The same could apply for Blaziken being most popular Hoenn starter. Maybe in remakes Blaziken will get another, new Mega, Swampert and Sceptile will get one for each, and as result both Kanto and Hoenn starters will have the same amount of Megas.

The fact of the matter is that HGSS were released a whopping three years into Generation IV, because Game Freak actually took their time with those games. Perhaps the anniversary made them release HGSS after Platinum, but even that game was released two years after its predecessors. Even FRLG were not released in 2003, and those games had a good reason to be released early due to the unobtainable Pokémon.
I’d say G/S remakes were released after Platinum to get all those Platinum forms programmed, not because taking time or anniversary. Also being released after three Sinnoh games created opportunity to make Arceus event with Creation Trio. It wouldn’t make sense to make such event before Platinum because Giratina’s role wouldn’t be explained yet.

Now on 3DS whatever new forms or Megas are going to be introduced, they can be updated to previous games, so they can release games in any order they want to.

We actually had evidence that Game Freak were at least considering Gold and Silver remakes: There was location data in Diamond and Pearl for Johto and for Gold and Silver as version names. We don't know about anything like that in regard to Hoenn. On the contrary, the Strange Souvenir references are a very clear sign that there is a new region that we'll see in "due time", which most likely means sooner (in this generation) rather than later. Many remake supporters were desperate to believe that the region was Hoenn, but the in-game text proved them wrong.
Hoenn is already a location data in XY being displayed for Pokemon originated in R/S/E.

And Strange Souvenir might refer to some region like Sevii Islands (they are considered as separate region, aren’t they). So, Game Freak can put such region in remakes or next Kalos game. It wouldn’t contradict with what backpacker in hotel says because that region indeed won’t be Hoenn, but can be a part of remakes. Maybe even Game Freak is going to reintroduce Sevii Islands because backpacker doesn’t mention them. And I doubt this mentioned region is part of a spin-off because Game Freak doesn’t refer to games not developed by them.

Remakes are simply not the only way to make money. Chances are that the remakes would sell worse than FRLG and HGSS for the simple reason that Ruby and Sapphire themselves had much lower sales than their predecessors. They would still be successful, but in no way are they the best way to generate profit. If you actually read the HGSS interviews, you'll see that those games weren't that easy to develop.

You understand that RSE sold better than both FRLG and HGSS? RSE broke 16 Million units while HGSS and FRLG both sat barely around 12 Million units.

You understand that RSE sold better than both FRLG and HGSS? RSE broke 16 Million units while HGSS and FRLG both sat barely around 12 Million units.

I think you are missing the point slightly, what he's saying is that the original RSE undersold compared to RBY and GSC so it's likely that the RSemakes would sell less than the RBY and GSC remakes.

Also there just doesn't seem to be the same feeling of demand for RSemakes as there was for HGSS

It most likely means that Game Freak considers Charizard as the most popular Kanto starter and gives it the most promotion. The same could apply for Blaziken being most popular Hoenn starter. Maybe in remakes Blaziken will get another, new Mega, Swampert and Sceptile will get one for each, and as result both Kanto and Hoenn starters will have the same amount of Megas.
The point is that we didn't need remakes for the Kanto starters' Mega Evolutions, or even for Mega Blaziken. All the starters should receive Mega Evolutions eventually.

I’d say G/S remakes were released after Platinum to get all those Platinum forms programmed, not because taking time or anniversary. Also being released after three Sinnoh games created opportunity to make Arceus event with Creation Trio. It wouldn’t make sense to make such event before Platinum because Giratina’s role wouldn’t be explained yet.
I don't see why the forms couldn't have stayed exclusive to Platinum, with Arceus getting an event in that game. Let's not pretend that HGSS were better suited for the Sinjoh Ruins event, despite the connection to the Ruins of Alph.

And Strange Souvenir might refer to some region like Sevii Islands (they are considered as separate region, aren’t they). So, Game Freak can put such region in remakes or next Kalos game. It wouldn’t contradict with what backpacker in hotel says because that region indeed won’t be Hoenn, but can be a part of remakes. Maybe even Game Freak is going to reintroduce Sevii Islands because backpacker doesn’t mention them. And I doubt this mentioned region is part of a spin-off because Game Freak doesn’t refer to games not developed by them.
We know that the region has its own league (the Hiker mentioned a Champion) and the Strange Souvenir alludes to a new Pokémon. I don't see how this implies a sub-region at all. Such a region would especially feel out of place in remakes, and considering that the region is said to be far from Kalos, I don't see it being tied to that region.

TerraTF said:
Do you expect remakes to sell as well as the original games did? Red, Green and Blue's cumulative sales sat at 30 million, with Gold and Silver reaching 23 million. That's a lot more than 16 million units, which is arguably below the norm for new generations these days (Diamond and Pearl surpassed it and XY may follow suit).

The point is that we didn't need remakes for the Kanto starters' Mega Evolutions, or even for Mega Blaziken. All the starters should receive Mega Evolutions eventually.

That still doesn't explain why Mega Latios and Mega Latias are unavailable, yet exists in the game data?

That still doesn't explain why Mega Latios and Mega Latias are unavailable, yet exists in the game data?
They could be distributed to XY or be made available in any future game. Again, Mewtwo got two Mega Evolutions without remakes.

They could be distributed to XY or be made available in any future game. Again, Mewtwo got two Mega Evolutions without remakes.

Eh, well, you said there yourself. Yeah, they could be made available in any future game - including possible remakes. Okay.

Eh, well, you said there yourself. Yeah, they could be made available in any future game - including possible remakes. Okay.
The point is that it's a stretch to consider it a hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom