• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Mod Note:please remember that this thread is not for discussing the validity of remakes as stated in the OP

- For the purpose of the discussion, discussion on the validity of remakes or which ones should be prioritised over others is a no-no. Assume that all remakes are going to happen and discuss what new features you would like to see et cetera.

New features? Maybe 8-10 new Mega Evolutions. Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile definitely top that list. I'd probably add Mega Azumarill, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, and Mega Tropius as well.

I also hope that the VS. Seeker gets re-introduced as well.

Also with the size of 3DS carts by the time we might get an RSEmake they might as well include a remake of FRLG and the Sevii Islands as well. I think the influx of Mega Evolutions from the Kanto region is definitely leading to a remake or sequel of FRLG as well.

Would love a Mega Milotic!

Also agree with the poster above, would love to see FRLG/Sevii/Kanto incorporated too into whatever remakes occur as it's been longer since we had a Kantocentric game (FRLG) than a Hoenncentric game (Emerald)

I really dont care for any more remakes. If we get Hoenn games I would much rather see a BW2 approach to them. New games that take place in Hoenn later down the line. As im assuming X and Y and gen 7 will take place after the events of RSE anyhow, lets see how Hoenn has changed. New story, new content, ect. And this would provide a chance for the PC of RSE to serve as a secret final boss akin to Red.

Then you could totally throw Kanto in as post game to kill two birds with one stone. Point is I think remakes are tired and whereas RBY and GSC needed them to update and modernize, RSE does not.
Oh and a Mega for Metagross cause GF keeps nerfing em.

The point is that we didn't need remakes for the Kanto starters' Mega Evolutions, or even for Mega Blaziken. All the starters should receive Mega Evolutions eventually.
That’s obvious. But I think that there is so much emphasis put on Kanto Pokemon in XY because this region won’t be remade again despite of being as much outdated as Hoenn. And in Hoenn remake, I think we’ll get Hoenn and Johto starters with Mega Stones from Birch, because he gives all those starters in Emerald.

I don't see why the forms couldn't have stayed exclusive to Platinum, with Arceus getting an event in that game. Let's not pretend that HGSS were better suited for the Sinjoh Ruins event, despite the connection to the Ruins of Alph.
Looks like Game Freak wanted HGSS to be the most functional in Gen IV as they could be, that’s most likely why they released HGSS after Platinum. FRLG didn't have to be released after Emerald because they had maximum amount of forms they could have in Gen III. It’s better to have more forms in game, rather than less. R/S remakes will be functional even before next Kalos game, because of 3DS updates.

That’s obvious. But I think that there is so much emphasis put on Kanto Pokemon in XY because this region won’t be remade again despite of being as much outdated as Hoenn. And in Hoenn remake, I think we’ll get Hoenn and Johto starters with Mega Stones from Birch, because he gives all those starters in Emerald.
So at what point does Mega Evolution emphasis turn from a remake hint into a lack of one? There is a double standard here.

Looks like Game Freak wanted HGSS to be the most functional in Gen IV as they could be, that’s most likely why they released HGSS after Platinum. FRLG didn't have to be released after Emerald because they had maximum amount of forms they could have in Gen III. It’s better to have more forms in game, rather than less. R/S remakes will be functional even before next Kalos game, because of 3DS updates.
Why would it be so important for Game Freak to include the Platinum Formes in HGSS? They didn't serve any role in those games. And you do realize that they could have kept their data hidden (to non-hackers) like with the event Pokémon, right?

I have a new theory.

What if the Gen 3 remakes are sequels. We know that XY takes place after BW2, which obviously come after HGSS and DPPT, which come after FRLG and RSE so to have a normal RSemake would seriously distort the timeline, as you'd essentially be trading with the past/future.

So what if then Gen 3 games are sequel, and instead of focusing of Groudon and Kyogre, focus on Latios and Latias. They are known as the eon Pokemon so what about names like Neo Ruby, or Eon Ruby w/e

and the plot revolves around an evil team, (possibly Magma/ or Aqua) or a new team or revived team rocket, searching for one of these 2 (Latios on Ruby, Latias on Sapphire) and they could somehow tie in the mega evolutions of these two, hence why they were programmed into X and Y.

So at what point does Mega Evolution emphasis turn from a remake hint into a lack of one? There is a double standard here.

There is a difference between putting all Kanto starters, Mewtwo with Megas, Kanto Birds and only one Hoenn starter accessible only by event and being featured in anime. It could imply no Kanto remake and future promotion of Hoenn.

Why would it be so important for Game Freak to include the Platinum Formes in HGSS? They didn't serve any role in those games. And you do realize that they could have kept their data hidden (to non-hackers) like with the event Pokémon, right?

They serve a role in HGSS like any other Pokemon - you can simply have them in those games. And if they would put them hidden, hackers would find them and spoil so much about Platinum.

They serve a role in HGSS like any other Pokemon - you can simply have them in those games.
They weren't accessible in Diamond and Pearl and that never bothered anyone.

And if they would put them hidden, hackers would find them and spoil so much about Platinum.
By your logic, why would Game Freak leave Mega Latias and Latios in XY's data if they were intended for remakes?

Because DP obviously were made to lack some things that were added by their third version. HGSS wouldn't have such expansion.

By your logic, why would Game Freak leave Mega Latias and Latios in XY's data if they were intended for remakes?

We don't know exactly what are they planning. I guess they could start Latis event after remakes are announced and later add more new Megas in remakes.

Think the Lati@s megas will be the main focus of the gen 3 sequels to be released in Gen 6 after Z

I would definitely love to see a remake/sequel, as Hoenn is my favorite region. Preferably with Emerald's plot, since you do get to battle both teams. I thought that was a cool idea, along with the Drought/Heavy Rain switch up. I think Hoenn's mainly tropical setting would be absolutely beautiful in 3D.

And if they would put them hidden, hackers would find them and spoil so much about Platinum.

come on before shiny celebi closes this we're to assume they're confirmed for now and discuss new features we want in the game or whatever etc. also because that way latiosite and latiasite can be distributed to x and y too and won't need dlc mega formes are different from new formes like girtina origin form.

but who knows what game freak has planned, for all i know tomorrow they'll reveal the mega eon duo and give us an event and our theory proven wrong. or maybe tommoworw they annaouce the remakes revealing the mages with them and tell us how they'll be distributed on release day.

aittle of topic rant:
honestly i'm all for any remakes they make ever if i was on the internet when hg/ss weren't revealed yet i would have supported those and i would say the same of fr/lg but the thing is they were my first games (literally first game) without the remake i'd ahve never seen kanto asdie from in gold/heart gold ( i played gold after platnuim released kinda weird how a remake announcement came not to shortly after i beat it :p) so i think there are many kids who've not experienced hoenn even some who skipped it since they quit at the time so it might even sell better this time around for all we know sales are an unknown until after the fact of release. and maybe to some other kid it'll be his/her first game aswell. i started with remakes maybe thats why i want remakes so much.

Hoenn needs the remake the most, easily. It's the only region that hasn't recently been remade, and I'd love to revisit the original Battle Frontier of Pokemon Emerald, since my old Emerald Version broke. All the other Frontiers have kinda struck me as grinding and sort of dull most of the time.

I think it'd be wiser to leave Kanto out. It's had its remake in HG/SS, and people are still ranting about its "over-glorification". I don't have a bone to pick with Kanto, but I also don't want to see a bunch of forums and blogs crammed with raging Kanto hate.

I think it'd be wiser to leave Kanto out. It's had its remake in HG/SS, and people are still ranting about its "over-glorification". I don't have a bone to pick with Kanto, but I also don't want to see a bunch of forums and blogs crammed with raging Kanto hate.
Most people are only worked up about Kanto because it's the intellectually fashionable thing to rail against right now - the favorability of nostalgia is a pendulum, give it a year or maybe two, the hipsters will start missing Kanto again.

I don't really see why Kanto would be such a great fit in a RSE remake, to be honest, but the more explorable content the better (most of the time) so I wouldn't complain about it. And if it increased the likelihood of a Mew distribution in the near future, I'd be pretty stoked.

The main problem I would have with a Kanto remake is that Kanto has been so heavily featured pretty much each generation, which would not have been such a big deal if the region itself wasn't so boring. I don't hate it, but I feel like I know everything about current Kanto. as a region, it's just rather bland and I'd really prefer not to revisit it (and I know I don't have to buy something I won't like, but if they remake a Kanto game, it means they won't be something different)

But yeah, if you compare it to Hoenn or Sinnoh or Unova, there was just so much more variety in their environments, which I really enjoyed. And Kanto doesn't have that. To me, exploring a new region is just as important as battling and discovering new Pokémon

On the other hand, if they made some sort of sequel, which gives room for changes, I would mind far less (though I'm still all for Hoenn remakes/sequels)

Speaking of those, what areas do you guys think could use a serious revamp? I'd love to see a complete redesign of Petalburg Woods, maybe with a part that's not accessible until much later in the game for a selection of stronger Pokémon (and space for a Moss Rock maybe?)

Oh and make the Berry Master's house a location you can reach with Fly (cause it's slightly out of the way of pretty much everything, while you generally visit it a lot)

I'd like a redesign of Victory Road. After the more expansive Victory Road's found in Unova and Kalos, Hoenn (and the other regions) need new Victory Road's. I agree about Petalburg Woods having an area only accessible later on in the game with high level Pokemon found there. Usually it's some sort of cave that's blocked off until you beat the Elite Four but having it in a forest would be neat. A Moss Rock would also be nice there. Now where would Nosepass and Magneton evolve though? I would say expand New Mauville and allow those two to evolve there. It was always one of my favorite places in Hoenn. No idea where an Ice Rock would be placed though.

Since Ever Grande City is typically some sort of mountain (you need waterfall), I really hope it'll include outdoor elements and retain it's challenging puzzles. Hoenn's victory road was the only one I really struggled with.

I'd like a redesign of Victory Road. After the more expansive Victory Road's found in Unova and Kalos, Hoenn (and the other regions) need new Victory Road's. I agree about Petalburg Woods having an area only accessible later on in the game with high level Pokemon found there. Usually it's some sort of cave that's blocked off until you beat the Elite Four but having it in a forest would be neat. A Moss Rock would also be nice there. Now where would Nosepass and Magneton evolve though? I would say expand New Mauville and allow those two to evolve there. It was always one of my favorite places in Hoenn. No idea where an Ice Rock would be placed though.

The Ice Rock could be placed in Shoal Cave near Mossdeep.

The Ice Rock could be placed in Shoal Cave near Mossdeep.
The deepest part where you can catch Snorunt seems like a feasible place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom