• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

(Does anyone else think that GF was actually hinting at mega evos in B2/W2 with him?)

Yes definitely, why else did they decide to randomly add him to BW2, he even stated he didn't care much for Team Plasma's goals he had his own intentions, which were focused around the big selling point of the next gen.

My last idea is something I had just thought of the other day. We never actually saw the Indigo League's Champion before Blue. I think whoever it was should be introduced. Now whether it be an existing character or a new character, I don't know. I doubt it could have been an existing character as there aren't trainers strong enough to have been the Champion. Yeah there was Giovanni but he was a Gym Leader at the time so he's out of the question. However Lance is a possiblity. The Elite Four had a hierarchy and I suppose with Lance losing he would have been demoted to the Final Elite Four member. If Lance was the Champion then Karen or Will must have been the other member. I read a theory that Norman could have been the Champion which would make for an interesting way to tie in Hoenn remakes.
I've always thought that in Kanto (Gen I and III remakes), there is no champion. Because he says, after you defeat him:
"I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another trainer! His name is… [your rival's name]!"
So, if Blue had not beaten him first, you'd simply become the champion. There was no one else. I might be wrong... who knows?

I always assumed it was Lance as someone else said there is a hierarchy between Champ and Elite Four. Lance said after you beat him now you would have been champion after beating me but someone beat me first, which to me implies he was the champion until recently, then Gary/Blue beat him so now he is no longer the champion.

I think the E4 member booted out was probably Karen, but the theory about Norman could be true too, albeit just as the member of elite 4 booted out rather than champion, after being booted out the e4 he went to hoenn.

In my headcannon after you beat e4 in RBY/FRLG Loreli is kicked out until Gary decides not to take his place as e4 member and be viridian gym leader instead, so Loreli gets her place back.

another thing that might support remakes
mewtwo couldn't be caught for two generations fr/lg come out
ho-oh and lugia couldn't be caught for 2 gens hg/ss and an event for them happened the generation before an event happened for groudon and kyogre in 5th gen
its been 2 gens since you could catch the weather trio (hg/ss)

HURRUN CONFURRMED

by thatlogic we're also getting gold and sliver remakes again

JOHOTO CONFIRMED

Ho-oh Lugia were available in Gen 3 sorry, both as events in FRLG and Emerald and also in Colloseum and XD

Aww. My first game was Gold but it literally shit all over my Gameboy so I never got past the first gym.
So either you had a battery leak (which would seriously suck) or you should stop using the word "literally" metaphorically.

As long as they allow us to get the other box legend like they did in HG/SS then I'll be set.

Come to think of it, Emerald is about the only game in the entire series where you do NOT battle your respective mascot legendary (at least prior to beating the Elite Four).

Come to think of it, Emerald is about the only game in the entire series where you do NOT battle your respective mascot legendary (at least prior to beating the Elite Four).

Wait, what? You DO battle Rayquaza before the E4 at Sky Pillar.

iirc you don't have to. You can wait until you beat the E4 but you need to catch it in order to find Groudon and Kyogre.

iirc you don't have to. You can wait until you beat the E4 but you need to catch it in order to find Groudon and Kyogre.

iirc in Gold and Silver you didn't have to fight Ho-oh/Lugia at all, (this was changed in HGSS to make them more apart of the story)

Also in RBY/FRLG you didn't have to face the mascot either depending on what you picked ;) :p

Nope!

Your first trip up the Tower, all he does is wake up then Fly off to go break up the fight between Groudon and Kyogre.

Last edited:

Yes but after the first trip, you can get back to that tower so you can face Rayquaza even before beating the Elite Four.

But I don't think that there will be a Gen III remake does to be a contested sequels of Gold and Silver that Ruby, Shappire and Emerald are not competable with transfer from Gen II and other missing mechanics from Gen II.

I'm already formulating a team and these games might never be made.

Yes but after the first trip, you can get back to that tower so you can face Rayquaza even before beating the Elite Four.
Ah. I never went back there until the postgame. And Shedinja really got a chance to shine that day (literally the only Pokemon on my team who could survive an Outrage).

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of Rayquaza being about the only mascot you are not required to battle during the story.

Yes I remembered that fact.

Shedinja sounds good to hold back Outrage users for sure sans Fairy.

Shedinja caught the entire Weather Trio in my game. Forget trying to paralyze them or anything (all three have Rest) so it was just a matter of getting their HP down low enough before they woke back up.

Korrina said:
Thanks for coming all the way up here. It was decided that this must be the place where the Mega Ring is handed over. Something about making sure we never forget to set our sights as high as the sky.

This could indicate that perhaps in remake Winona will be the one introducing player to Mega Evolution. After Gym Battle she would wait at some high point of the Fortree City and challenge for a Sky Battle between two Mega Evolving Flying Pokemon.

Korrina said:
Thanks for coming all the way up here. It was decided that this must be the place where the Mega Ring is handed over. Something about making sure we never forget to set our sights as high as the sky.

This could indicate that perhaps in remake Winona will be the one introducing player to Mega Evolution. After Gym Battle she would wait at some high point of the Fortree City and challenge for a Sky Battle between two Mega Evolving Flying Pokemon.

I was hoping Wallace would give it to you after you've saved Sootopolis. It'll be something along the lines of "Hey PC, its Wallace. Meet me at the top of where you found Raquaza for a Present. It'll help you in your run at the Elite Four."

Then you get tot the top and he give you a Mega Ring, says "Good Luck, you'll need it." and walks away like a badass.

Korrina said:

I was hoping Wallace would give it to you after you've saved Sootopolis. It'll be something along the lines of "Hey PC, its Wallace. Meet me at the top of where you found Raquaza for a Present. It'll help you in your run at the Elite Four."

Then you get tot the top and he give you a Mega Ring, says "Good Luck, you'll need it." and walks away like a badass.

I don't think they'll wait until Fortree to give you the Mega Ring, let alone Sootopolis. Remember that you obtain the Mega Ring in XY after the 3rd gym in the game, which is pretty early in the game, so I think in most games you'll probably obtain it around mid game. My guess is that Steven will give it to you maybe when you encounter him on Rt. 118. Maybe even earlier than that like Meteor Falls.

people say we're annoying for wanting hoenn remakes but i think the people bashing hoenn and calling it the worst generation are more annoying O_O

anyway i can see norman giving you the mega ring after you beat him

Korrina said:

I don't think they'll wait until Fortree to give you the Mega Ring, let alone Sootopolis. Remember that you obtain the Mega Ring in XY after the 3rd gym in the game, which is pretty early in the game, so I think in most games you'll probably obtain it around mid game. My guess is that Steven will give it to you maybe when you encounter him on Rt. 118. Maybe even earlier than that like Meteor Falls.

Could be a reward from President Stone for delivering the Devon Goods (which technically already available after the second badge, but most people don't return to Rustboro till they can use Rock Smash)

I think that the Mega Ring could be given after about the 6th Gym. Some Megas are already destructive so some things needs to go easy.

Korrina said:

Could be a reward from President Stone for delivering the Devon Goods (which technically already available after the second badge, but most people don't return to Rustboro till they can use Rock Smash)

it'd be to early in game for it, but i can see it being after game really. to start with only kalos should have it since only kalos had the ultimate weapon go off there. they could say laitos and latias were around kalos when it happened and theres the excuse to put it in the after game ( if latiosite is infact not a event item but if it was hackers would have discovered event data for it by now right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom