• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Korrina said:
Thanks for coming all the way up here. It was decided that this must be the place where the Mega Ring is handed over. Something about making sure we never forget to set our sights as high as the sky.

This could indicate that perhaps in remake Winona will be the one introducing player to Mega Evolution. After Gym Battle she would wait at some high point of the Fortree City and challenge for a Sky Battle between two Mega Evolving Flying Pokemon.

I was hoping Wallace would give it to you after you've saved Sootopolis. It'll be something along the lines of "Hey PC, its Wallace. Meet me at the top of where you found Raquaza for a Present. It'll help you in your run at the Elite Four."

Then you get tot the top and he give you a Mega Ring, says "Good Luck, you'll need it." and walks away like a badass.

I don't think they'll wait until Fortree to give you the Mega Ring, let alone Sootopolis. Remember that you obtain the Mega Ring in XY after the 3rd gym in the game, which is pretty early in the game, so I think in most games you'll probably obtain it around mid game. My guess is that Steven will give it to you maybe when you encounter him on Rt. 118. Maybe even earlier than that like Meteor Falls.

Could be a reward from President Stone for delivering the Devon Goods (which technically already available after the second badge, but most people don't return to Rustboro till they can use Rock Smash)

it'd be to early in game for it, but i can see it being after game really. to start with only kalos should have it since only kalos had the ultimate weapon go off there. they could say laitos and latias were around kalos when it happened and theres the excuse to put it in the after game ( if latiosite is infact not a event item but if it was hackers would have discovered event data for it by now right?)

The PC could also get it after beating Norman. Seems like a fair area to get it. Especially if the leaders get a proper level raise, Norman should be mid-30s.

If the Latiasite and Latiosite end up not being with event Latios and Latias, it'd be cool if they are given at the post-game for the remakes. The Mega Stone chosen would determine which roaming Pokemon would be available.

If the Latiasite and Latiosite end up not being with event Latios and Latias, it'd be cool if they are given at the post-game for the remakes. The Mega Stone chosen would determine which roaming Pokemon would be available.

I hope not. I don't mind 1 exclusive Legend per game, but 2 or more is annoying as hell. BW both had 2 exclusive Legends but it was done in the right way. HGSS only had 1 exclusive legend and it was done right. BW2 had 3 exclusive Legends, but one of them was tied to a feature that could have been done much better.

I hope not. I don't mind 1 exclusive Legend per game, but 2 or more is annoying as hell. BW both had 2 exclusive Legends but it was done in the right way. HGSS only had 1 exclusive legend and it was done right. BW2 had 3 exclusive Legends, but one of them was tied to a feature that could have been done much better.

I see no reason they shouldn't have the Latis be by choice again, that's how it was in RSE and I'd rather that little bit be kept!

I feel like, as excited as I am at the thought of RSE remakes, I have too many nostalgic memories of the series… I think I'd be fairly picky about things being kept the same and I hope I don't end up making the games unenjoyable for myself, hahaha…

One biggest problem for the remakes is Blaziken itself, as;

1.It outclassed Sceptile and Swampert in many ways thanks to Speed Boost, and many players wants this HA even if it is not avalaible in the beginning.

2. Mega Evolution. Blaziken have it. Two others don't and that is all.

3. Uber. Because of 1., almost every (new) players wants this Pokémon.

Unless the second reason is solved this Pokémon might lowered the chances for the RSE Remakes.

1.It outclassed Sceptile and Swampert in many ways thanks to Speed Boost, and many players wants this HA even if it is not avalaible in the beginning.

Unless the second reason is solved this Pokémon might lowered the chances for the RSE Remakes.

blaziken being over powered and having a mega does not affect the chances of a remake. i'd still pick swampert or sceptile for an in game run any day.

i

You may disagree, but be sure that GF wouldn't think of what I'm saying neither.

...After all I would pick Swampert anyway.

You may disagree, but be sure that GF wouldn't think of what I'm saying neither.

...After all I would pick Swampert anyway.
Blaziken was already overpowered before it got a Mega Evo, i don't think GF cares if Blaziken is overpowered or not or if it will have any influence in the Gen 3 remakes. And i'm going to pick Swampert too anyway.

Last edited:

Thinking to that, it makes me believing that Blaziken was Purposely Overpowered since Gen V.

Cross our fingers that GF don't go too far with him.

Another subject; Sableye should get a Mega since he and Mawile are on opposed versions of Gen III unless that I was worng.

Last edited:

Thinking to that, it makes me believing that Blaziken was Purposely Overpowered since Gen V.

Cross our fingers that GF don't go too far with him.

Another subject; Sableye should get a Mega since he and Mawile are on opposed versions of Gen III unless that I was worng.

so did syther and pinsir yet in gen 2 only syther got an evo.

I really loved HeartGold and SoulSilver's interface. Everything was on the bottom screen, and was easy to navigate. Plus, you can turn off and on running, which I loved. If we ever get a Generation 3 remake, I hope that interface comes back.

I really loved HeartGold and SoulSilver's interface. Everything was on the bottom screen, and was easy to navigate. Plus, you can turn off and on running, which I loved. If we ever get a Generation 3 remake, I hope that interface comes back.

A thousand times this! I swear I'm going to get a callus from pressing B too much.

A thousand times this! I swear I'm going to get a callus from pressing B too much.

I always wondered why it was removed. If a Gen. 3 remake were to come to pass, and they add the roller skates, it would be cool to see an interface where we can chose which style of travel we'd want to use. I mean, having to permanently wear the roller skates is atrocious, but I don't want to get off-topic.

I know a few people already responded to this post, but I would like to aswell:
The three things you mention are a bit strange.
Point one and two are basically the same and to the second point: who says that Sceptile and Swampert aren't getting Mega Evo's?

I know this is a thread about speculation, but you can be damn sure there will be Mega's for the other two Hoenn starters IF remakes will see the light of day.

I know a few people already responded to this post, but I would like to aswell:
The three things you mention are a bit strange.
Point one and two are basically the same and to the second point: who says that Sceptile and Swampert aren't getting Mega Evo's?

I know this is a thread about speculation, but you can be damn sure there will be Mega's for the other two Hoenn starters IF remakes will see the light of day.

well we still don't know if new megas can be programmed into this generation yet or not we'll have to wait for future games to know if we'll get more megas this gen

I hope so, we know now that updating the game is a reasonable option. There is a good possibility for any future releases to update, for example, the Pokedex of a certain game to match the most recent dex. But I think (as if it is going to happen) GF will only do it with any game that is released on a certain platform.

Sceptile
Mega Evo

Holy shit! We can still get the GREEN ARCHEOPTERYX MONSTER pokemon that we always wanted Grovyle to evolve into in the first place!

This is the only thing that will make me happy. I'll make a pouty face until it happens.

It is convenient and I'd like to see it return but I've recently gone back to playing Soul Silver after about a year and I rarely touch the icons on the screen. And every time I've played SS since it came out I've held onto the B button even though there is the Perma-Run button.

Also if you guys remember HGSS was made by the GameFreak B-Team. I don't know what other games the B-Team has made but they seem to have a lot of good ideas so I hope they end up making the almost inevitable RSEmake.

And one final point that I don't know if it was brought up in this thread, but all of the Kalos Legend's Shiny formes are White and Blue/Red/Green in order of Xerneas/Yveltal/Xygarde.

I think the touch screen will probably just be the PSS again, it's too important to the gameplay for it not to be front and center on the touch screen. And honestly, with the roller skates easily accessible with the Circle Pad, I don't think we even need a running shoes toggle button anymore anyway since most people will just want to use the roller skates anyway.

It is convenient and I'd like to see it return but I've recently gone back to playing Soul Silver after about a year and I rarely touch the icons on the screen. And every time I've played SS since it came out I've held onto the B button even though there is the Perma-Run button.

I can't stand having to hold down a button to run/walk. Many console RPGs have an option to turn it on or off, so I never understood why it was only in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I think the touch screen will probably just be the PSS again, it's too important to the gameplay for it not to be front and center on the touch screen. And honestly, with the roller skates easily accessible with the Circle Pad, I don't think we even need a running shoes toggle button anymore anyway since most people will just want to use the roller skates anyway.

I hate the roller skates. For me, it's a pain to control. Just so awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom