• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

I think the touch screen will probably just be the PSS again, it's too important to the gameplay for it not to be front and center on the touch screen. And honestly, with the roller skates easily accessible with the Circle Pad, I don't think we even need a running shoes toggle button anymore anyway since most people will just want to use the roller skates anyway.

I agree that it will probably be the PSS, but I have to disagree about the Running Shoes/Roller Skates bit. I have a friend who really dislikes the Roller Skates, and I'm sure others feel the same way. It would be nice if you could decide whether the Circle Pad controlled roller skates or regular walking with a button. I personally don't mind the skates, and I think it's actually easier to control the walking/running using the D-Pad. I've tried using the Circle Pad in buildings and stuff, but I just feel like I have more precision/control with the D-Pad.

I really loved HeartGold and SoulSilver's interface. Everything was on the bottom screen, and was easy to navigate. Plus, you can turn off and on running, which I loved. If we ever get a Generation 3 remake, I hope that interface comes back.

It is convenient and I'd like to see it return but I've recently gone back to playing Soul Silver after about a year and I rarely touch the icons on the screen. And every time I've played SS since it came out I've held onto the B button even though there is the Perma-Run button.

Also if you guys remember HGSS was made by the GameFreak B-Team. I don't know what other games the B-Team has made but they seem to have a lot of good ideas so I hope they end up making the almost inevitable RSEmake.

And one final point that I don't know if it was brought up in this thread, but all of the Kalos Legend's Shiny formes are White and Blue/Red/Green in order of Xerneas/Yveltal/Xygarde.
i don't get how the kalos shines affects remakes?

I really loved HeartGold and SoulSilver's interface. Everything was on the bottom screen, and was easy to navigate. Plus, you can turn off and on running, which I loved. If we ever get a Generation 3 remake, I hope that interface comes back.

It is convenient and I'd like to see it return but I've recently gone back to playing Soul Silver after about a year and I rarely touch the icons on the screen. And every time I've played SS since it came out I've held onto the B button even though there is the Perma-Run button.

Also if you guys remember HGSS was made by the GameFreak B-Team. I don't know what other games the B-Team has made but they seem to have a lot of good ideas so I hope they end up making the almost inevitable RSEmake.

And one final point that I don't know if it was brought up in this thread, but all of the Kalos Legend's Shiny formes are White and Blue/Red/Green in order of Xerneas/Yveltal/Xygarde.
i don't get how the kalos shines affects remakes?

I'm assuming that its another reference to the RSE generations, not really a "Hoenn Confirmed" situation I was all about in the beginning of the thread. But if you look at the Zygarde Shiny the green part is sparkling like an emerald.

Ok , i really understand you guys you love the Kanto region and want a remake in the 3ds of it, but stop thinking to much, that is not going to happen, gamefreak already did the remakes of FR/LG, HG/SS, just dont expect they will remake them again . Also im pretty sure Gamefreak will do the 3 gen remakes and already knows what it will have.
So lets not think that the 3 gen is the worst because it isn't, actually you only say that right now because the remakes are not done yet, but i promise you will have a huge surprise, Hoeen is especially interesting in many ways and is not all about water and summer, there is really some interesting facts in that region and some special places that you can actually enjoy if your pokemon (In other regions you cant), everything is so clear in it, i promise you will have a good time in it with 3D graphics, New Battle Mechanics and a amazing storyline of Unique/modest characters that it you will like: Steven Stone, Wallace and much others , this region alone actually makes you think about good things in the world of pokemon, if gamefreak actually do a remake of 3 gen(which i think they already doing that) it will probably be better than XY, and will sell a lot so just forget about Kanto , everything about kanto is already know and most people ask to remake them because they want the same old things all over again(so boring) and are a little afraid of the impact the remakes of 3 gen could have, but im pretty sure gamefreak will somehow modernize the things in the 3 gen remakes so there is no reason to be sad. Also dont expect to much, for example mega evolutions are only exclusive from the region of Kalos, not the others, its possible that we dont get mega evolutions in the remakes, we can still get 4,5,6 gen pokemon though but that will be it, and that is a good reason to people still buy the XY games, but you can still expect Pokemon Amie, Super Training with new design maybe, they will be amazing games also we will see for first time Day/ Night in this lovely region called Hoenn ^_^

Its quite easy to make such references. Pretty cool to see how people see those things as a hint to upcoming games.

I think we've got a solid list by now to prove that the remakes are coming. (jk)

I really want to see a much better PokeDex this time around. So far the only PokeDex I liked was FRLG's. I loved the idea of listing Pokemon by their habitat. Some live in the Sea, some live at the Water's edge, and etc. On the topic of HGSS though, if a Hoenn remake is anyone near the quality of that game I'll be very happy. HGSS was a phenomenal game. Also could this game (assuming it comes before a potential sequel to X/Y) be announced at E3? I mean Nintendo doesn't really seem to have much to offer at E3 this year.

I really want to see a much better PokeDex this time around. So far the only PokeDex I liked was FRLG's. I loved the idea of listing Pokemon by their habitat. Some live in the Sea, some live at the Water's edge, and etc. On the topic of HGSS though, if a Hoenn remake is anyone near the quality of that game I'll be very happy. HGSS was a phenomenal game. Also could this game (assuming it comes before a potential sequel to X/Y) be announced at E3? I mean Nintendo doesn't really seem to have much to offer at E3 this year.

No. If its not announced by the end of May, we won't be getting another game this year. If you look at the past few games they've been announced late May and released a few months later.

No. If its not announced by the end of May, we won't be getting another game this year. If you look at the past few games they've been announced late May and released a few months later.

late may or early june june 11th should be early enough if i have been informed correctly hg/ss were announced just four months before they were released. the script's already done the games engine is already set to be like x/y's and we can assume that they may have even gotten alot of work on it done already by now seeing as how little work needs to go into remaking a game compared to making one from scratch.

References often lead us to popular beliefs, but ended up to be jossed.

I'm no joy killer but that happened in BW/B2W2. :(

For the sake of consistency (well, that, and Gen. 3 is my favorite era), I hope it happens. Then again, I'm still waiting for Majora's Mask 3D to even be considered...

For the sake of consistency (well, that, and Gen. 3 is my favorite era), I hope it happens. Then again, I'm still waiting for Majora's Mask 3D to even be considered...

majoras mask 3d was considered he said it was either a new game or majoras mask remake majoras mask even randomly appears in your home in link between worlds.

I still hope for a may annaoucement so i can preorder them for my birthday

majoras mask 3d was considered he said it was either a new game or majoras mask remake majoras mask even randomly appears in your home in link between worlds.

I didn't know that. I even have that game, too. >_>

I do, too. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

your birth day is in may?

funny thing is the birth stone of may is emerald and i got emerald for my birth day xD wait what if they annaouce an emerald remake instead of a r/s remake.

would make more sense because

h05F78382

Oh, no. I meant that I hope we get an announcement soon.

oh alright, but i still question how rayquaza can fit into the plot my idea is that you battle the other team as in r/s but they awaken their legend and so your send to awaken yours steven stops you but its to late and he sends you to get rayquaza to top them after words you can catch your legendary from your version but the other will have been to injured and be gone.

Wait, someone is hearing we will have an announcement soon, or is that pure speculation?

oh alright, but i still question how rayquaza can fit into the plot my idea is that you battle the other team as in r/s but they awaken their legend and so your send to awaken yours steven stops you but its to late and he sends you to get rayquaza to top them after words you can catch your legendary from your version but the other will have been to injured and be gone.

Well, as you know, Crystal didn't have a remake. So, maybe they will do what they did in HGSS, by just incorporating Rayquaza into the storyline, a la Suicune.

Wait, someone is hearing we will have an announcement soon, or is that pure speculation?

TerraTF said that the past few of the main series of games have been announced in May, so if that is a specific pattern, it might happen then.

Last edited:

Well, as you know, Crystal didn't have a re-make. So, maybe they will do what they did in HGSS, by just incorporating Rayquaza into the storyline, a la Suicune.

TerraTF said that the main series' games have been announced in May, so if that is a specific pattern, it might happen then.

but suicune was easy to incorporate as a side plot rayquaza on the other hand takes the reigns complty in the main plot it's going to be hard to incorerate rayquaza while keeping the mascots groudon and kyogre.

we have no solid proof of an annoucment but we're hoping for may.

Good grief, that quote pyramid is getting too big. I'm going to end it, and just start a new one.

@Fairy Type Arceus; That's a good point. I don't remember too much of Emerald, so I can't comment on how relevant Rayquaza was.

Last edited:

Good grief, that quote pyramid is getting too big. I'm going to end it, and just start a new one.

@Fairy Type Arceus That's a good point. I don't remember too much of Emerald, so I can't comment on how relevant Rayquaza was.

Pretty relevant. You go get Raquaza from Sky Pillar to qualm Groudon and Kyogre. Then you have the option to catch it and destroy the Elite Four or save it until after so you can catch both Groudon and Kyogre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom