• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Good grief, that quote pyramid is getting too big. I'm going to end it, and just start a new one.

@Fairy Type Arceus That's a good point. I don't remember too much of Emerald, so I can't comment on how relevant Rayquaza was.

Pretty relevant. You go get Raquaza from Sky Pillar to qualm Groudon and Kyogre. Then you have the option to catch it and destroy the Elite Four or save it until after so you can catch both Groudon and Kyogre.

Well, couldn't that just happen in the remake? I mean, wasn't Suicune the star of HGSS? Probably not a good comparison, though.

Good grief, that quote pyramid is getting too big. I'm going to end it, and just start a new one.

@Fairy Type Arceus That's a good point. I don't remember too much of Emerald, so I can't comment on how relevant Rayquaza was.

Pretty relevant. You go get Raquaza from Sky Pillar to qualm Groudon and Kyogre. Then you have the option to catch it and destroy the Elite Four or save it until after so you can catch both Groudon and Kyogre.

Well, couldn't that just happen in the remake? I mean, wasn't Suicune the star of HGSS? Probably not a good comparison, though.

but suicune is easy it didn't affect the plot at all just give it alittle side story and its good, but rayquaza affects the very end game

groudon-vs-kyogre-vs-rayquaza-o.gif

you can't just turn that into a side quest

but suicune is easy it didn't affect the plot at all just give it alittle side story and its good, but rayquaza affects the very end game

I had forgotten how awesome that seen was. It's like they pissed of god and he's about to lay a can wupass on them.

Like I said, I don't remember Emerald too much. I was mainly playing the other games, really.

I had forgotten how awesome that seen was. It's like they pissed of god and he's about to lay a can wupass on them.

It's why to this day rayquazas my favorite legendary pokemon that music to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1u1O7oyLto

i didn't know you could catach mewtwo in fr/lg my first game so rayquaza was my first op legendary pokemon and i destroyed the elite four with him making him my first lvl 100

Like I said, I don't remember Emerald too much. I was mainly playing the other games, really.

i only played sapphir eonce so i forget how they exactly played to i just remember being mad that there was no rayquaza scene

Umm... I thought FRLG was essentially the same as with the original RBY? With lack of Dark/Steel types? Haven't played the remakes, so correct me on that, though.

I haven't played HGSS, and the planned cessation of DS Wi-Fi pretty much torpedoed my future plans to play that after my current Black playthrough. But I'm sure, at the very least, it's as amazing as the original GSC (which I loved dearly). :) Reinstatement of Kanto locations taken out in the original GSC? Sure. The game which the dev team really consciously focused on integrating two regions into a coherent nation? Heck yeah! (With this case, its Kanto-Johto forming Poke-Japan. Similarly, while I don't necessarily need it, I would totally dig having Unova and a Poke-Washington DC region forming Pokemerica! Or Kalos and Poke-Spain/Italy/Germany being lumped into a greater Poke-Europe!)

Anyway, back onto topic. One region that I missed, and I'd really like to get to would be the Orre region. A remake of the GC Pokémon Battle Revolution/Colosseum (whichever applied for Gen 3.)? Or a sequel? Would that be on the Wii U? Or can they do a 3DS version? Either way, I'd like to see the Poke-Arizona, cause I missed that one, and I want to see regions outside of Poke-Japan.

They can do the same thing they did in HG/SS, you can catch the box legendary before the Elite Four. You go to the Sky Pillar, Rayquaza calms down Kyogre and Groudon and after the Weather Crisis is over whatever version you are playing the leader of the respective team gives you the orb and you can catch the box legendary and after the Elite Four the leader of the other team gives you the orb to catch the other. This way they can keep the plot of Emerald and still be a dual version. Also they can add another trio like in HG/SS, maybe the Creation trio, you catch Palkia in one version, Dialga in the other and when you have both you can catch Giratina.

Last edited:

Umm... I thought FRLG was essentially the same as with the original RBY? With lack of Dark/Steel types? Haven't played the remakes, so correct me on that, though.

Depends what you mean by "lack of Dark/Steel types". The types certainly existed in the games, but they didn't go out of their way to include them in the main game. They just added the new moves into the game, retyped the Magnemite line, and then added some 2nd gen Pokemon into a new post game area. Hell, you couldn't even evolve Pokemon that got 2nd gen evolutions, the game made them mysteriously stop evolving if you tried it before getting the National Dex. So aside from Magnemite and whatever Dark type moves you could get your hands on (Meowth was useful as a substitute Dark type, for example, because it could use Bite and Faint Attack), they were basically nonexistent until post game.

I haven't played HGSS, and the planned cessation of DS Wi-Fi pretty much torpedoed my future plans to play that after my current Black playthrough. But I'm sure, at the very least, it's as amazing as the original GSC (which I loved dearly). :) Reinstatement of Kanto locations taken out in the original GSC? Sure. The game which the dev team really consciously focused on integrating two regions into a coherent nation? Heck yeah! (With this case, its Kanto-Johto forming Poke-Japan. Similarly, while I don't necessarily need it, I would totally dig having Unova and a Poke-Washington DC region forming Pokemerica! Or Kalos and Poke-Spain/Italy/Germany being lumped into a greater Poke-Europe!)

I don't want to see any more double region games, but Poke-Washington D.C. would be amazing. Better yet, throw in Baltimore and some other Maryland areas, and maybe Philadelphia and Atlantic City if they have room. Now that would be an amazing region.

And I totally don't want to see this just because I live in Maryland and want to see my home region Pokefied.

I don't want to see any more double region games, but Poke-Washington D.C. would be amazing. Better yet, throw in Baltimore and some other Maryland areas, and maybe Philadelphia and Atlantic City if they have room. Now that would be an amazing region.

And I totally don't want to see this just because I live in Maryland and want to see my home region Pokefied.

At risk of making this go way off-topic, wouldn't it make more sense for a second Pokemerica region to actually be connected to the area Unova represents? Like expanding into New England or something? Because otherwise you have all of Pennsylvania to burn through with another region after, and nobody wants that.

One thing for sure, the postend should not be as short as XY's, and have more Postend only Pokémon and items such as the Lati@s with it's Lati@snite.

Also, the Pokémon Contest should have new categories like Clever, among with classic ones (Cool, Beauty, Tough, Smart, Cute)

If they do a PA / MD region I want Delaware in it as what it is, a 20 minute detour from PA to MD.

Assuming the remakes will adopt the graphical capabilities as XY, I would love to see more customization for the player character. XY introduced it, but I think it can be expanded upon, making each game more unique.

Depends what you mean by "lack of Dark/Steel types". The types certainly existed in the games, but they didn't go out of their way to include them in the main game. They just added the new moves into the game, retyped the Magnemite line, and then added some 2nd gen Pokemon into a new post game area. Hell, you couldn't even evolve Pokemon that got 2nd gen evolutions, the game made them mysteriously stop evolving if you tried it before getting the National Dex. So aside from Magnemite and whatever Dark type moves you could get your hands on (Meowth was useful as a substitute Dark type, for example, because it could use Bite and Faint Attack), they were basically nonexistent until post game.

Yes, thank you. That's exactly what I meant. It felt stupid that not even cross-gen evolutions were allowed pre-National Dex, and no non-Gen 1 Pokemons could be found on the Kanto mainland, when GSC retconned it by introducing several Gen 2 Pokemon in the Kanto grass areas. (eg the Houndoom line near Celadon City.) The possible exception would be Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon, but even that could have been managed with a FRLG/RSE-exclusive held item.

Yes, thank you. That's exactly what I meant. It felt stupid that not even cross-gen evolutions were allowed pre-National Dex, and no non-Gen 1 Pokemons could be found on the Kanto mainland, when GSC retconned it by introducing several Gen 2 Pokemon in the Kanto grass areas. (eg the Houndoom line near Celadon City.) The possible exception would be Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon, but even that could have been managed with a FRLG/RSE-exclusive held item.

I'm guessing they wanted to retain the original experience as much as possible. Adding in cross gen evolutions or new Pokemon would've changed things a bit.

Personally, I disagree. I think it only adds to the experience by enhancing what the originals already did.

I'm guessing they wanted to retain the original experience as much as possible. Adding in cross gen evolutions or new Pokemon would've changed things a bit.

Personally, I disagree. I think it only adds to the experience by enhancing what the originals already did.

well hg let you evolve cross generation even the ones not in the pokedex i know because i traded a shiny stone to my hg and it worked on togetic

well hg let you evolve cross generation even the ones not in the pokedex i know because i traded a shiny stone to my hg and it worked on togetic

HGSS definitely took a more liberal approach with cross gen evolutions, but they still made a point to restrict new evolutions when they could. All of the items required were withheld until you got the National Dex, and none of the location based evolutions were made available. The move based evolutions were the only ones kept, only because there was no way to reasonably restrict them in the game without resorting to what FRLG did. Aside from that, you either needed to wait until post game to evolve them or trade them over to DPPt.

Speaking of HGSS, I was somewhat disappoint by the lack of location-based evolutions (okay, mostly just Leafeon/Glaceon). They could have easily taken the BW2 route and added Mossy Rocks to Viridian Forest, Ice Rocks somewhere down Seafoam Islands (or up a Rock Climb path hidden in the Ice Path - 16 badges are required to get Rock Climb HM after all), and ... something for the Kanto Power Plant area.

If its not announced by the end of May, we won't be getting another game this year. If you look at the past few games they've been announced late May and released a few months later.
Not necessarily. I reckon a game will be announced around the time Diancie and The Cocoon of Destruction is released in Japan. It'll ride on the marketing wave the film will produce.
I absolutely expect a game this year. With XY's insane popularity, they'd be crazy not to release one.

Speaking of HGSS, I was somewhat disappoint by the lack of location-based evolutions (okay, mostly just Leafeon/Glaceon). They could have easily taken the BW2 route and added Mossy Rocks to Viridian Forest, Ice Rocks somewhere down Seafoam Islands (or up a Rock Climb path hidden in the Ice Path - 16 badges are required to get Rock Climb HM after all), and ... something for the Kanto Power Plant area.

I would say that they didn't do this because Eevee and Magneton were able to be taken to those locations in previous games which would upset the continuity Gamefreak is trying to keep together.

So far I don't think anybody's brought up the physical special split. Hoenn's the only region where the physical special split has yet to happen. That's probably the big reason for Game Freak to revisit Hoenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom