• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

I'm glad we're talking about Liza and Tate, because they were my favorite Gym Leaders! in RSE!

1st match: Lunatone, Solrock (if you're right and no lineups change in the remake)
2nd rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Kirlia, Kirlia
3rd rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Gardevoir, Gallade
4th rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Garedevoir, Gallade, Espurr (male), Espurr (female)
5th rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Gardevoir, Gallade, Meowstic (male), Meowstic (female)

You're right, the Meowstic lines are too good not to be used by them. Gender-dependent movesets and strong doubles potential.

The thing i remember most about gen 3 is surfing like all the damn time lol. Not that i mind it, but i like to see other overworld surfing pokemon like lapras has its own in x & y.

The thing i remember most about gen 3 is surfing like all the damn time lol. Not that i mind it, but i like to see other overworld surfing pokemon like lapras has its own in x & y.

Even better - we could have a few overworld diving pokemon. Like Mantyke or something.

You remember how in gen v the main theme would play when the Gym Leader was down to his or her last pokemon? Well in the gen 3 remakes, they can bring this feature back. Only this time, the "last pokemon" theme should be this:
[video=youtube;wv87lkkSr18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv87lkkSr18[/video]

You remember how in gen v the main theme would play when the Gym Leader was down to his or her last pokemon? Well in the gen 3 remakes, they can bring this feature back. Only this time, the "last pokemon" theme should be this:
Seeing how this song is a remix of the first AG opening, it's highly unlikely Game Freak would use it in RSEmakes.

Seeing how this song is a remix of the first AG opening, it's highly unlikely Game Freak would use it in RSEmakes.

I know. But it would be awesome if they did.

I'm glad we're talking about Liza and Tate, because they were my favorite Gym Leaders! in RSE!

1st match: Lunatone, Solrock (if you're right and no lineups change in the remake)
2nd rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Kirlia, Kirlia
3rd rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Gardevoir, Gallade
4th rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Garedevoir, Gallade, Espurr (male), Espurr (female)
5th rematch: Lunatone, Solrock, Gardevoir, Gallade, Meowstic (male), Meowstic (female)

You're right, the Meowstic lines are too good not to be used by them. Gender-dependent movesets and strong doubles potential.

Depends on how they do the rematches, but I don't think they'll have multiple rematch teams like they did in Emerald. So I'm thinking it'll be more like this:

Gym Battle: Lunatone Lv. 42, Solrock Lv. 42, Gardevoir Lv. 44, Gallade Lv. 44
Rematch: Meowstick (female) Lv. 60, Meowstick (male) Lv. 60, Lunatone Lv. 62, Solrock Lv. 62, Gardevoir Lv. 64, Gallade Lv. 64 (and if Gallade gets a Mega evolution in this game, they'll probably both Mega Evolve).

Champion... still undecided on Wallace or Steven though.

I liked Steven's team as a Champion - Water is too easy - but I like Juan's replacement of Wallace... But Wallace is still valuable in the games... hmmm

Why not both?

The Ruby remake could have Steven Stone as the champion with Wallace being a bonus boss hidden in some dungeon, and the Sapphire remake could have Wallace as the Champion with Steven as a bonus boss in Meteor Falls.

Perhaps Wallace would be found at Sky Pillar in the Ruby remake to investigate what Rayquaza was doing there, why it was built, whether it's connected to Kyogre and Groudon, etc.

I liked Steven's team as a Champion - Water is too easy - but I like Juan's replacement of Wallace... But Wallace is still valuable in the games... hmmm

Why not both?

The Ruby remake could have Steven Stone as the champion with Wallace being a bonus boss hidden in some dungeon, and the Sapphire remake could have Wallace as the Champion with Steven as a bonus boss in Meteor Falls.

Perhaps Wallace would be found at Sky Pillar in the Ruby remake to investigate what Rayquaza was doing there, why it was built, whether it's connected to Kyogre and Groudon, etc.

Or Steven can be the Champion in both, Wallace being Gym Leader, and Juan being another Bonus gig/not existing.

Why not both?

It'd make sense, as rocks and metals are from the earth, while water... sea.... simple.....

Meteors hit the earth from time to time, while falls refers to waterfalls.

Why wouldn't both appear there?

I'm guessing:

Roxanne: Geodude Lv. 12, Aron Lv. 12, Nosepass Lv. 16 (Oran Berry)-Rock Tomb (Or maybe not due to power, pp and accuracy boost)/Rock Polish?

Brawly: Machop Lv. 16, Meditite Lv. 16, Makuhita Lv. 19 (Oran Berry)-Bulk Up

Wattson: Voltorb Lv. 20, Magneton Lv. 22, Pikachu Lv. 20, Manectric Lv. 24 (Sitrus Berry)-Charge Beam (Shock Wave is no longer a TM)

Flannery: Vulpix Lv. 24, Slugma Lv. 24, Camerupt Lv. 26, Torkoal Lv. 29 (White Herb)-Overheat

Norman: Spinda Lv. 27, Loudred Lv. 27, Linoone Lv. 29, Slaking Lv. 31 (Sitrus Berry)-Facade

Winona: Swellow Lv. 29, Tropius Lv. 29, Pelipper Lv. 30, Skarmory Lv. 31 (Oran Berry), Altaria Lv. 33 (Sitrus Berry)-Aerial Ace

Liza and Tate: Lunatone Lv. 41, Solrock Lv. 41, Gardevoir Lv. 42 (Sitrus Berry), Gallade Lv. 42 (Sitrus Berry)-Calm Mind

Juan: Azumarill Lv. 42, Whiscash Lv. 42, Walrein Lv. 44, Crawdaunt Lv. 43, Kingdra Lv. 46 (Chesto Berry)-Scald (Water Pulse ain't a TM no more.

Sidney: Mightyena Lv. 47, Cacturne Lv. 47, Shiftry Lv. 49, Sharpedo Lv. 49 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Absol Lv. 51 (Absolite)

Phoebe: Shedinja Lv. 49, Dusclops Lv. 49, Sableye Lv. 51, Dusknoir Lv. 51 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Banette Lv. 53 (Banettite)

Glacia: Sealeo Lv. 51, Walrein Lv. 51, Glaile Lv. 53, Froslass Lv. 53 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Abomasnow Lv. 55 (Abomasite, yes I'm aware Abomasnow isn't in the Hoenn Dex, but it's the only Ice Mega, and perhaps she's from Sinnoh or Kalos, both having Snorunt/Abomasnow? And Hoenn could do with more Ice-Types.)

Drake: Altaria Lv. 53, Flygon Lv. 53, Kingdra Lv. 55, Salamence Lv. 55 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Ampharos Lv. 57 (Ampharosite, only Dragon Mega in the dex, though not Dragon-Type in normal form.)

Steven (Ruby): Skarmory Lv. 59, Claydol Lv. 59, Cradily Lv. 60, Armaldo Lv. 60, Metagross Lv. 62, *Mega Aggron Lv. 64 (Aggronite)

Wallace (Sapphire): Tentacruel Lv. 59, Ludicolo Lv. 59, Wailord Lv. 60, Wiscash Lv. 60, Milotic Lv. 62 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Gyarados Lv. 64 (Gyaradosite)

More of a wishlist than a guess, really.

Why not both?

It'd make sense, as rocks and metals are from the earth, while water... sea.... simple.....

I'm guessing:

Roxanne: Geodude Lv. 12, Aron Lv. 12, Nosepass Lv. 16 (Oran Berry)-Rock Tomb (Or maybe not due to power, pp and accuracy boost)/Rock Polish?

Wattson: Voltorb Lv. 20, Magneton Lv. 22, Pikachu Lv. 20, Manectric Lv. 24 (Sitrus Berry)-Charge Beam (Shock Wave is no longer a TM)

Flannery: Vulpix Lv. 24, Slugma Lv. 24, Camerupt Lv. 26, Torkoal Lv. 29 (White Herb)-Overheat

Norman: Spinda Lv. 27, Loudred Lv. 27, Linoone Lv. 29, Slaking Lv. 31 (Sitrus Berry)-Facade

Winona: Swellow Lv. 29, Tropius Lv. 29, Pelipper Lv. 30, Skarmory Lv. 31 (Oran Berry), Altaria Lv. 33 (Sitrus Berry)-Aerial Ace

Liza and Tate: Lunatone Lv. 41, Solrock Lv. 41, Gardevoir Lv. 42 (Sitrus Berry), Gallade Lv. 42 (Sitrus Berry)-Calm Mind

Juan: Azumarill Lv. 42, Whiscash Lv. 42, Walrein Lv. 44, Crawdaunt Lv. 43, Kingdra Lv. 46 (Chesto Berry)-Scald (Water Pulse ain't a TM no more.

Sidney: Mightyena Lv. 47, Cacturne Lv. 47, Shiftry Lv. 49, Sharpedo Lv. 49 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Absol Lv. 51 (Absolite)

Phoebe: Shedinja Lv. 49, Dusclops Lv. 49, Sableye Lv. 51, Dusknoir Lv. 51 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Banette Lv. 53 (Banettite)

Glacia: Sealeo Lv. 51, Walrein Lv. 51, Glaile Lv. 53, Froslass Lv. 53 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Abomasnow Lv. 55 (Abomasite, yes I'm aware Abomasnow isn't in the Hoenn Dex, but it's the only Ice Mega, and perhaps she's from Sinnoh or Kalos, both having Snorunt/Abomasnow? And Hoenn could do with more Ice-Types.)

Drake: Altaria Lv. 53, Flygon Lv. 53, Kingdra Lv. 55, Salamence Lv. 55 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Ampharos Lv. 57 (Ampharosite, only Dragon Mega in the dex, though not Dragon-Type in normal form.)

Steven (Ruby): Skarmory Lv. 59, Claydol Lv. 59, Cradily Lv. 60, Armaldo Lv. 60, Metagross Lv. 62, *Mega Aggron Lv. 64 (Aggronite)

Wallace (Sapphire): Tentacruel Lv. 59, Ludicolo Lv. 59, Wailord Lv. 60, Wiscash Lv. 60, Milotic Lv. 62 (Sitrus Berry), *Mega Gyarados Lv. 64 (Gyaradosite)

Wishlist indeed. Some of these Pokemon probably aren't going to be included in the Hoenn Dex, and they might end up nerfing the rosters like they have in recent games.

Well, I see Froslass, Dusknoir, Gallade and Chingling appearing, as they are evolutions of Hoenn Pokemon. Well, one's a prevo.

Why not both?

I'm guessing:

Wishlist indeed. Some of these Pokemon probably aren't going to be included in the Hoenn Dex, and they might end up nerfing the rosters like they have in recent games.

If we got Hoenn Sequels: (I probably did a similar prediction of teams some time ago, but this time I'm including Megas as well)
I tried sticking to the current Hoenn dex as much as possible.
Credits for some of the ideas for the gym leader/E4 roasters: @Fabulous Phantump;

EDIT to spoiler the post because it turned out really lengthy XDD

Gym Leaders:
Norman: Zigzagoon (11), Whismer (11), Slakoth (13)

Bug-type: Beautifly (14), Dustox (14), Ninjask (16)

Flannery: Slugma (19), Numel (20), Numel (20), Torkoal (22)

Roxanne: Nosepass (23), Anorith (25), Lileep (25), Probopass (27)

Poison-type: Gulpin (29), Seviper (30), Roserade (31), Swalot (33)

Winona: Swellow (34), Tropius (35), Pelipper (35), Skarmory (37), Altaria (40)

Liza and Tate: Lunatone (41), Solrock (41), Gardevoir (42), Gallade (42)

*Wallace (Ruby): Gorebyss (42), Gyarados (42), Ludicolo (44), Crawdaunt (44) Milotic (46)

*Juan (Sapphire): Huntail (42), Whiscash (42), Walrein (44), Starmie (44), Kingdra (46)

Changes
1. Norman becomes the first gym leader. We'll probably have a different story-line, and thus different gym roasters. Norman could say that he wants to help train rookie trainers with their first experience or something (stemming from Wally's story). His gym will stay in Petalburg. After clearing his gym, we'll go to Rustboro and get to know the Devon Corporation (which will play an important role in the sequels). You'll first meet Steven here, working at Devon (he's probably worked at Devon ever since RSE anyways - otherwise, why's he wearing a business suit all the time? Besides, he's the heir). Steven will occasionally appear from time to time throughout the game, giving advice and Devon products.

2. We'll have a Bug-type leader. Several Bug-types made their debut in Gen3 - so why not. The second gym will have to be difficult than the first gym, thus adding Ninjask with Speed Boost. This gym will be in Verdanturf Town, since the Rusturf Tunnel was already cleared by the PC in RSE, allowing us to cross the path without having to take the long way to Slateport. We'll then have a short visit in Mauville for the bike, and go north to where Mt. Chimney is.

3. Flannery is in Lavaridge. While I know that Vulpix is in the Hoenn dex, you can't actually get a Vulpix until you get to Mt. Pyre, which is pretty late in the game (the gym leader teams seem to be made up of pokemons you have already met, pokemons you can meet but you haven't, or what you'll meet soon in the near future). Also, Slugma and Numel evolve in their 30s, and I don't want an underleveled Camerupt or Magcargo. Unless the dex is expanded to include other pokemon like Flareon or the Magmar family, she'll have limited choices. Hopefully, she gets to add Magmar on her team for a 'volcano' theme.

We'll go north again - this time, a dungeon of trees and grass covered with volcanic ash around Mt. Chimney, occasionally entering the volcano in and out sometimes but not staying in for too long (seriously, Team Magma were hardcore guys to build a hideout INSIDE a volcano - no wonder their ears were burning). Soot collecting is back to exchange for rare items.

4. Roxanne is next - in Fallarbor. Reason? The Fossil Maniac lives there, as well as Professor Cozmo - who studies meteorites. Roxanne's specialty is Rock-types, and it doesn't hurt that the Meteor Falls isn't too far off from there. Let's say Roxanne moved there to study more rocks, so she'll add the fossils to her team. Probopass isn't in the current Hoenn dex, but it is an evolved form of Nosepass, so included as well.

Back in RSE, Meteor Falls was an optional dungeon, and most players would have cleared it to get a Bagon, or in Emerald post-game, to reach Steven. However, now it will be required to clear Meteor Falls to get back to Rustboro. There will be another plot involving Devon Corp and probably Steven. After the plot, Steven will give you Surf, which will let you surf down to Dewford (no Mr. Briney). Dewford will host the legend of Regirock with an expanded Granite Cave, so we'll come back here in the post-game and continue on to Slateport City.

5. We'll have the fifth gym near Slateport City - in New Mauville. Blaine had his gym on the Seafoam Islands, so gyms don't always have to be in a town or city. The power plant was abandoned for so long that machines started to rust and stuff went to waste - resulting in the place becoming pretty filthy. As a result, it became home to toxic pokemons. When people decided to get rid of the facility because it was turning into a dumpster and ruining the area, Wattson's apprentice cleared it up and renovated it into a gym - a Poison-type gym. And yeah, I made up the wild story because I didn't want an Electric-type gym leader - again. I added Roserade to the team because I wanted a family of a Gen3 pokemon.

We go through the same raining route and visit the Weather Institute to pick-up a free Castform.

6. Winona will be at Fortree gym again. This time, no Kecleons blocking the way, but you have to do a sidequest in Scorched Slab before fighting Winona (I haven't thought of the details - just giving it a reason to visit other than for the TM). After that, we'll go all the way to Lilycove.

We get introduced to Contests, and meet Wallace and Juan for the first time here. You can compete in contests. Normally, they will be the judges in the Contests, but there will be bonus ranks (Master-level) where they will also be participants - in the post-game, that is.

7. So after doing everything in Lilycove, we go to Mossdeep and challenge Tate and Liza. I'd like to credit Fabulous Phantump for the gym idea of Tate and Liza - that's really awesome for the Double-battle gym (choice of pokemon and levels). After that, we have a plot involving the Space Center, and we're off to Mt. Pyre for another plot - the Orbs, obviously.

Let's say the syndicate took over the cemetery for the Orbs. The weather will be disturbed, making it impossible to Surf on water due to harsh thunderstorms. Luckily, we have Dive, so from there, we use the Underwater Routes which are full of seaweeds containing wild pokemons and Scuba Divers (new trainer classes). There will be underwater caverns (which are more or less rest places for healing). If possible, we'll be able to board a submarine at some point later in the game (equivalent to the ferry) - mostly to get to Sootopolis, which is now an underwater city (it sank years ago).

Groudon will settle near Lilycove/Mt. Pyre (probably creating land connecting the two), and Kyogre around Sootopolis. The overworld will feature an actual 3D battle going on in the background when we're in Lilycove (a sight on land - Groudon stomping on land and attacking), Sootopolis (a sight from underwater - Kyogre diving in and out of the water, attacking), Mossdeep (viewing both of them), and Pacifidlog (won't be directly affected by the weather but will still feature the battle). The chaotic weather and the massive pokemons fighting would be pretty exciting with the new graphics we have now.

8. After the sequel-version of the Weather Crisis is solved, we'll battle Wallace or Juan as the gym leader depending on the version - at Pacifidlog Town, which got developed in the sequels. (I just wanted this place to have more things to do instead of gaining access to Mirage Island or figuring out the water routes to the Regi Chamber). I switched some of their pokemons so that they would have a similar team in terms of theme... somewhat. Why they are version exclusive gym leaders in the sequels is explained below in the Pokemon League section.

Before going to the Pokemon League, I forgot to mention the rival. We could have a typical rival who chooses the starter with a type-advantage over yours and compete with you... or, in fact, we could have no rival. Instead, we'll have a mentor who will frequently check your progress throughout the game - which would be Wally. He'll first test your skills with a level 5 Ralts before you battle Norman, and battle you around 6 or 7 times total in the main storyline. He'll help you fight against the criminal syndicate (like how Cheren did). He'll also accompany you in Sky Pillar (which will also be an expanded dungeon). However, the criminals will catch up at some point, so Wally will send you off on your own to the top floor where you'll have to bike over the cracks. If you have the Acro Bike at that moment, Wally will lend you his Mach Bike. (Hopefully, he isn't sick anymore)

In the post-game matches, he'll have Mega-Gardevoir.

*I thought about Wally as the champion... but even a teenage/grown-up version of Wally doesn't really fit in with the champion image. He doesn't have that powerful aura like Steven or Wallace.

So on to the Pokemon League:

Brawly: Heracross (45), Machamp (45), Breloom (47), Hariyama (47), Mega-Medicham (49)

Sidney: Mightyena (47), Cacturne (47), Shiftry (49), Sharpedo (49), Mega Absol (51)

Phoebe: Dusclops (49), Froslass (49), Sableye (51), Dusknoir (51), Mega Banette (53)

Wattson: Electrode (53), Lanturn (53), Raichu (55), Magnezone (55), Mega Manectric (57)

*Steven: Skarmory (59), Claydol (59), Cradily (60), Armaldo (60), Metagross (62), Mega Aggron (64)

The changes are:

1. Glacia retires from the E4 and instead has a separate side-quest regarding the Shoal Cave. It becomes an expanded dungeon, and connected to the legend of Regice.
Thus, we won't have an Ice-type specialist/master in the remakes/sequels. I mean, Ice-gyms/E4s have been in every generation - we can skip it once. And there aren't even that many Hoenn-native Ice-types anyways.

2. Brawly gets promoted to the E4. This might be a minor note, but he says he's friends with Bruno of the Kanto E4. So let's have Brawly as an E4 member just like his friend. Also, while Heracross and Medicham are both in the Hoenn-dex, Medicham is a Gen3 pokemon with a Mega-evo, so Brawly with a Mega-Medicham seems right.

3. Sidney is back. Crediting Fabulous Phantump again for the team. All of them are Hoenn-native Dark-types - good :D. As for Sidney himself, there will be a sidequest about him or something.

4. Phoebe with a Mega Banette sounds epic. Since Glacia isn't in the E4, give Froslass to Phoebe instead. I don't really think Shedinja would be a good choice for an E4 team, especially since it only has 1HP.

5. I really really want to give Electric a chance to rest a generation, but I also want to use pokemons only from the current Hoenn dex. Sure, it might be expanded in the sequels, but as of now... the Mareep family isn't in the Hoenn dex, so no Mega-Ampharos. Instead, we meet Wattson here with Mega-Manectric - yes, two gym leaders promoted because I don't care as long as they can make up a believable story. Besides, we never had an Electric-type Elite4 member before anyways. The sequel will take years after the original RSE plot, so Wattson might be a bit too old - but again, make up some believable story for that and all's good. As for Drake, he will be involved in the Abandoned Ship sidequest or the legend of Registeel or something (Assuming he's too attached to the sea to stay in the League).

6. *I'm not really sure if we should have different champions depending on the version. Sure, RSE was where the concept of 'Doubles' were introduced - hence double-battles, twin gym leaders, double champions, conflicting version mascots... but version exclusive pokemons is one thing, version exclusive champions... doesn't really sound good. Personally, I preferred Steven as a champion because even though he's a Steel-type master, he's got Rock and Ground types for extra coverage to counter every weakness possible. Wallace has an all-Water team... so he was much easier. Besides, if Juan and Wallace are sharing the same gym in RSE, then might as well make another BW where the mentor and the pupil appear in each version. Wallace in Sequel-Ruby, Juan in Sequel-Sapphire.

Thus, I'm choosing Steven as the only champion in the sequels. I'd really love it if Metagross gets a mega-evo in the sequels. However, Mega-Aggron is probably better since it evolves into a pure steel-type, representing Steven's theme better. You'll be able to challenge Steven and Wallace to a double battle with your rival or mentor Wally - just like how they did in HGSS with you and Silver against Clair and Lance.

Last edited:

2. We'll have a Bug-type leader. Several Bug-types made their debut in Gen3 - so why not. The second gym will have to be difficult than the first gym, thus adding Ninjask with Speed Boost. This gym will be in Verdanturf Town, since the Rusturf Tunnel was already cleared by the PC in RSE, allowing us to cross the path without having to take the long way to Slateport. We'll then have a short visit in Mauville for the bike, and go north to where Mt. Chimney is.

For the second gym, I think Ninjask would be way too strong. That thing is insanely fast and hits pretty hard, so it could potentially sweep your entire team before you have a chance to even land a hit on it.

3. Flannery is in Lavaridge. While I know that Vulpix is in the Hoenn dex, you can't actually get a Vulpix until you get to Mt. Pyre, which is pretty late in the game (the gym leader teams seem to be made up of pokemons you have already met, pokemons you can meet but you haven't, or what you'll meet soon in the near future). Also, Slugma and Numel evolve in their 30s, and I don't want an underleveled Camerupt or Magcargo. Unless the dex is expanded to include other pokemon like Flareon or the Magmar family, she'll have limited choices. Hopefully, she gets to add Magmar on her team for a 'volcano' theme.

Meditite was caught at the same point in the game as Vulpix, and that didn't stop the trainers in Dewford Gym from spamming it.

We'll go north again - this time, a dungeon of trees and grass covered with volcanic ash around Mt. Chimney, occasionally entering the volcano in and out sometimes but not staying in for too long (seriously, Team Magma were hardcore guys to build a hideout INSIDE a volcano - no wonder their ears were burning). Soot collecting is back to exchange for rare items.

Where is this dungeon exactly?

4. Roxanne is next - in Fallarbor. Reason? The Fossil Maniac lives there, as well as Professor Cozmo - who studies meteorites. Roxanne's specialty is Rock-types, and it doesn't hurt that the Meteor Falls isn't too far off from there. Let's say Roxanne moved there to study more rocks, so she'll add the fossils to her team. Probopass isn't in the current Hoenn dex, but it is an evolved form of Nosepass, so included as well.

They probably wouldn't move the gym leader from their original location unless it's inaccessible for whatever reason. A more realistic approach to this would be if the gym remains in Rustboro, but is closed because she left to study Meteor Falls. You go there and encounter her, and then she invites you to come back to Rustboro to challenge the gym.

5. We'll have the fifth gym near Slateport City - in New Mauville. Blaine had his gym on the Seafoam Islands, so gyms don't always have to be in a town or city. The power plant was abandoned for so long that machines started to rust and stuff went to waste - resulting in the place becoming pretty filthy. As a result, it became home to toxic pokemons. When people decided to get rid of the facility because it was turning into a dumpster and ruining the area, Wattson's apprentice cleared it up and renovated it into a gym - a Poison-type gym. And yeah, I made up the wild story because I didn't want an Electric-type gym leader - again. I added Roserade to the team because I wanted a family of a Gen3 pokemon.

Again, there's not much reason to move the gym away from Mauville City. And Poison is a terrible choice for any sort of Gym or Elite 4 specialty, there really aren't any good ones in Hoenn except Roserade.

Thus, we won't have an Ice-type specialist/master in the remakes/sequels. I mean, Ice-gyms/E4s have been in every generation - we can skip it once. And there aren't even that many Hoenn-native Ice-types anyways.

Who told you they had to stick with Hoenn natives only? Throw in a Lapras or a Beartic or a Vanilluxe or something.

For the second gym, I think Ninjask would be way too strong. That thing is insanely fast and hits pretty hard, so it could potentially sweep your entire team before you have a chance to even land a hit on it.

Then replace it with Nincada or something.

Meditite was caught at the same point in the game as Vulpix, and that didn't stop the trainers in Dewford Gym from spamming it.

Was it? Forgot about that :/ then might as well include Vulpix

Where is this dungeon exactly?

Remember the route full of volcanic ashes? That area. Or more like, that route itself becomes a dungeon. I'm trying to think up of ways to make Hoenn more lengthy.

They probably wouldn't move the gym leader from their original location unless it's inaccessible for whatever reason. A more realistic approach to this would be if the gym remains in Rustboro, but is closed because she left to study Meteor Falls. You go there and encounter her, and then she invites you to come back to Rustboro to challenge the gym.

Sounds good, but I wanted to make some changes since it's a sequel. I know B2W2 made almost little to no changes with the gym roasters... but iirc, it was set two years later from BW. For RSE sequels, I'm guessing more than a few years later - five to ten, so there would be big changes.

Again, there's not much reason to move the gym away from Mauville City. And Poison is a terrible choice for any sort of Gym or Elite 4 specialty, there really aren't any good ones in Hoenn except Roserade.

1. Trying to make use of more Hoenn natives. I never knew Swalot existed when I first played Ruby because not even the local trainers used it. Just trying to give them a chance.

2. Again, trying to give reason and better features to seemingly useless places.

3. Like mentioned above, I'm considering sequels set more than a few years later from the original RSE, so I'm thinking of big differences.

Who told you they had to stick with Hoenn natives only? Throw in a Lapras or a Beartic or a Vanilluxe or something.
I said in my post that I was trying to stick to the current Hoenn dex as much as possible, giving Hoenn natives more spotlight since it's Hoenn. Yes, maybe they COULD expand the dex, but since I don't know how much they would expand the dex, I just made my predictions based on Hoenn natives and Hoenn natives only. And personally... I'd rather not see Unova natives in Hoenn. Maybe post-game, but not in the main story. Expanded evolutions from later generations are fine, but no pokemons that are native to other regions ;_; It's HOENN. Give Hoenn natives a chance in the spotlight without other regional pokemons butting in.

Why not both?

I'm guessing:

This set up seems reasonable for rematches but I imagine Liz and Tate would use Kirlia on the first battle, and the elite four would have the mega evolutions and Abomasnow removed for their first battle. I expect the Kalos Elite four to get mega evolutions at some point this generation too.

The issue with putting Wallace in Meteor Falls is giving him a reason to be there. Steven was there to research stones. I don't expect Wallace is
interested in stones.

I dont get why they dont just put the games up as is, heck just put them in the e-shop if nothing else, since they already ported a lot of other top Gameboy and GBA to the system. dont even need to pay to make carts, just put in updated tradeing functions. But for some strange reason they dont want to just take my money?

Then replace it with Nincada or something.

Then you'd have the opposite problem, Nincada would be too weak for a main. You'd have to think about this very carefully. If I were to pick a main for this gym, I'd probably do something like Beautifly or Dustox. Maybe they could get away with Masquerain, but he might be a bit too strong as well.

Remember the route full of volcanic ashes? That area. Or more like, that route itself becomes a dungeon. I'm trying to think up of ways to make Hoenn more lengthy.

That wouldn't inherently make much of a difference since that only requires a change in environment and not design. If you want to make it more lengthy, you need to look at design. Also, this wouldn't be that unique since XY also has some routes that act like forests (Rt. 20 most notably, maybe Rt. 14 to a degree).

Sounds good, but I wanted to make some changes since it's a sequel. I know B2W2 made almost little to no changes with the gym roasters... but iirc, it was set two years later from BW. For RSE sequels, I'm guessing more than a few years later - five to ten, so there would be big changes.

Your reasoning for moving the gym out of Rustboro City is pretty nonsensical and unnecessary, though. If something were to happen to Rustboro City or you didn't go there in the main game, it'd make sense, but otherwise it's pretty pointless to move the gym.

1. Trying to make use of more Hoenn natives. I never knew Swalot existed when I first played Ruby because not even the local trainers used it. Just trying to give them a chance.

I don't really see the need to do this. Hoenn's Pokemon got more showcasing than say, Johto, and they don't really need to show off every single Pokemon that exists in this game. If it bothers you that no one uses Swalot, give it to a random trainer, or maybe to your rival or the evil team. But it's just not that great a Pokemon to use as a gym leader's main, especially not that late in the game.

And there's no real obligation for them to include every single 3rd gen Pokemon in trainer rosters (unless it's like DPPt and you need to see every Hoenn Dex Pokemon in order to obtain the National Dex), and most games do tend to keep a few Pokemon secret. You never saw Slowking, Politoed, or Scizor in GSC. You never saw Ferrothorn in BW1. This is nothing new.

2. Again, trying to give reason and better features to seemingly useless places.

Which is good, but this seems unrealistic.

3. Like mentioned above, I'm considering sequels set more than a few years later from the original RSE, so I'm thinking of big differences.

Big differences are good, but I don't think the differences you've proposed are realistic enough.

I said in my post that I was trying to stick to the current Hoenn dex as much as possible, giving Hoenn natives more spotlight since it's Hoenn. Yes, maybe they COULD expand the dex, but since I don't know how much they would expand the dex, I just made my predictions based on Hoenn natives and Hoenn natives only. And personally... I'd rather not see Unova natives in Hoenn. Maybe post-game, but not in the main story. Expanded evolutions from later generations are fine, but no pokemons that are native to other regions ;_; It's HOENN. Give Hoenn natives a chance in the spotlight without other regional pokemons butting in.

Thing is, most regional dexes with natives only simply don't hold up by themselves (arguably Unova does, but none of the others). There's usually not enough variety in the new Pokemon for them to be the only ones you encounter in the main game. You need some of these other Pokemon to fill that variety. Furthermore, even if you have enough numbers wise, your choices might not be very good. For instance, I mentioned how there weren't really any standout Poison types out of the 3rd gen Pokemon, with Roselia only standing out now because it got a 4th gen evolution. Which is why it's nice to have stuff like Crobat and Weezing in the Hoenn Dex.

The lack of options for certain types is more problematic in this game, and it really shows in the Elite 4 battles (which happened to choose from some of the rarer types in the game). So that's more worth fixing, and they only really need about 10-20 Pokemon to do so. IMO, they could get away with a Pokedex of roughly 250-300 Pokemon while still give Hoenn the opportunity to shine.

I dont get why they dont just put the games up as is, heck just put them in the e-shop if nothing else, since they already ported a lot of other top Gameboy and GBA to the system. dont even need to pay to make carts, just put in updated tradeing functions. But for some strange reason they dont want to just take my money?

Trading pretty much couldn't be done until now. If you had multiple games on the same console, how would you trade between them? It'd be pretty much impossible. But now that we have Pokemon Bank for that, so if they designed them to be compatible with that, they could start releasing VC Pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom