• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Off-topic, but have we thought about the Pokedex in this thread yet? Do we want to be allowed Gen 4 (pre-)evolutions that involves Gen 3 Pokemon? What would be the benefits/issues of that? (e.g. Gallade, Budew/Roserade, Chingling)

If there's a Kanto remake, (and at this stage, a big IF) I would not want to be restricted with the original 151 for the main game, without any way to breed, or evolve my applicable Gen 1 Pokemon into, Gen 2/3/4/6 Pokemon. And what I am talking is the pre-National Pokedex stage of gameplay. Remember how Sabrina was overpowered for the wrong reasons in Gen 1? Much frustration would be spared if I was allowed to, say, evolve my Eevee into a Umbreon before I reach Saffron City. I mean, we're probably going to get Gen 6 moves anyway, like what was the case for FRLG and HGSS.

I for sure hope we don't get more Kanto games. Enough is enough! However, if they WERE to do something like that, they better be very creative... Like, how about a sequel-esque game that starts in Kanto, and incorporates Johto? Eh, maybe not... But just something more than a strict remake, please!

Agreed though, a Hoenn remake is due before any such Kanto remake.

Off-topic, but have we thought about the Pokedex in this thread yet? Do we want to be allowed Gen 4 (pre-)evolutions that involves Gen 3 Pokemon? What would be the benefits/issues of that? (e.g. Gallade, Budew/Roserade, Chingling)

If there's a Kanto remake, (and at this stage, a big IF) I would not want to be restricted with the original 151 for the main game, without any way to breed, or evolve my applicable Gen 1 Pokemon into, Gen 2/3/4/6 Pokemon. And what I am talking is the pre-National Pokedex stage of gameplay. Remember how Sabrina was overpowered for the wrong reasons in Gen 1? Much frustration would be spared if I was allowed to, say, evolve my Eevee into a Umbreon before I reach Saffron City. I mean, we're probably going to get Gen 6 moves anyway, like what was the case for FRLG and HGSS.

I actually want to see the Hoenn Dex to be revamped a bit, include those evolutions, and a few more Ghost, Ice, and Dragon types to make the Elite 4 battles tougher and more varied.

As for Kanto, either make a BW2 style sequel (or something equally fresh and interesting) or nothing at all. And the Kanto Dex could use a ton more new Pokemon than just the evolutions, there's too few Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel types for a decent balance, and including a bunch of other Pokemon to spice up the distribution wouldn't hurt either.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd really like Professor Birch to be more active in the game this time. He seems like the exact opposite of all the other Professors (except for the Junipers). Birch doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be working in a lab all day. He seems like he would be out in the wilderness observing Pokemon. Yet during the game, you only interact with him outside the lab three times (the beginning, Route 110, and the Elite Four). Another thing I'd like to see is the game actually deal with how human development affects Pokemon. Hoenn seems like the right place to deal with that topic given that the story really revolves around the environment. It would genuinely make for an interesting subplot.

thats just because they wanted them to be in the games and there tends to be more then one of these legendary pokemon , i mean the regis are catchable in r/s/e so why can i catch them in bw 2 if my character should have caught them back during generation 3? i can catch mewtwo in fire red which is literally 3 years before hg/ss so how come i can catch mewtwo again? if i transferred my mewtwo from fire red wouldn't that be some kinda time paradox? Only if they're not the same mewtwo. so their availability in hg/ss shouldn't count towards the time line.
There is absolutely no evidence that there are more than one Weather trio or more than one Mewtwo. It's particularly unlikely that a different Mewtwo inhabited Cerulean Cave, which is what you seem to be saying. As I said, Professor Oak even mentions the Hoenn legend in regard to the Embedded Tower, so he obviously believes that Hoenn's Weather trio have come to Johto (otherwise he would mention a different story).

There is such a thing as gameplay and story segregation. The fact that you, the player, can catch legendaries, doesn't mean anything in terms of the canon story unless the capture is referenced. Even then, it is always possible to release them later on (as N did with his dragon). No one in the Hoenn games acknowledges the capture of the Weather trio, and not every player decides to catch them. The Embedded Tower is not that far from Hoenn, and we know that Groudon and Kyogre can roam freely (even the Terra and Marine Caves can move).

yet if i reset my game enough and traded them away i could in theory have 100 mewtwo ( and no life) the legendary pokemon are just placed because they are, theres no reason why regigigas should suddenly be in twist mountain other then because he hasn't been catachable since platinum, what i am saying is their availability in other games shouldn't effect game time line.

also of course no one mentions it because you caught the weather trio by your self with no witnesses :p

Actually, I had already come up with an idea for a RB2 Kanto Dex myself:

1. Bulbasaur
2. Ivysaur
3. Venusaur
4. Charmander
5. Charmeleon
6. Charizard
7. Squirtle
8. Wartortle
9. Blastoise
10. Rattata
11. Raticate
12. Pidgey
13. Pidgeotto
14. Pidgeot
15. Sentret
16. Furret
17. Spearow
18. Fearow
19. Mankey
20. Primeape
21. NidoranF
22. Nidorina
23. Nidoqueen
24. NidoranM
25. Nidorino
26. Nidoking
27. Caterpie
28. Metapod
29. Butterfree
30. Weedle
31. Kakuna
32. Beedrill
33. Hoothoot
34. Noctowl
35. Pichu
36. Pikachu
37. Raichu
38. Geodude
39. Graveler
40. Golem
41. Onix
42. Steelix
43. Zubat
44. Golbat
45. Crobat
46. Paras
47. Parasect
48. Munna
49. Musharna
50. Aron
51. Lairon
52. Aggron
53. Cleffa
54. Clefairy
55. Clefable
56. Igglybuff
57. Jigglypuff
58. Wigglytuff
59. Machop
60. Machoke
61. Machamp
62. Ekans
63. Arbok
64. Sandshrew
65. Sandslash
66. Azurill
67. Marill
68. Azumarill
69. Mime Jr.
70. Mr. Mime
71. Oddish
72. Gloom
73. Vileplume
74. Bellosom
75. Bellsprout
76. Weepinbell
77. Victreebel
78. Meowth
79. Persian
80. Abra
81. Kadabra
82. Alakazam
83. Togepi
84. Togetic
85. Togekiss
86. Tyrogue
87. Hitmonlee
88. Hitmonchan
89. Hitmontop
90. Drowzee
91. Hypno
92. Farfetch'd
93. Magikarp
94. Gyarados
95. Goldeen
96. Seaking
97. Psyduck
98. Golduck
99. Poliwag
100. Poliwhirl
101. Poliwrath
102. Politoed
103. Slowpoke
104. Slowbro
105. Slowking
106. Magnemite
107. Magneton
108. Magnezone
109. Voltorb
110. Electrode
111. Mareep
112. Flaafy
113. Ampharos
114. Diglett
115. Dugtrio
116. Drillbur
117. Excadrill
118. Growlithe
119. Arcanine
120. Vulpix
121. Ninetales
122. Gastly
123. Haunter
124. Gengar
125. Cubone
126. Marowak
127. Misdreavus
128. Mismagius
129. Shellder
130. Cloyster
131. Staryu
132. Starmie
133. Flabebe
134. Floette
135. Florges
136. Venonat
137. Venomoth
138. Exeggcute
139. Exeggutor
140. Doduo
141. Dodrio
142. Scyther
143. Scizor
144. Tangela
145. Tangrowth
146. Heracross
147. Pinsir
148. Kangaskhan
149. Tauros
150. Miltank
151. Happiny
152. Chansey
153. Blissey
154. Yanma
155. Yanmega
156. Grimer
157. Muk
158. Koffing
159. Weezing
160. Ferroseed
161. Ferrothorn
162. Murkrow
163. Honchkrow
164. Houndour
165. Houndoom
166. Eevee
167. Vaporeon
168. Jolteon
169. Flareon
170. Espeon
171. Umbreon
172. Leafeon
173. Glaceon
174. Sylveon
175. Porygon
176. Porygon2
177. Porygon-Z
178. Rhyhorn
179. Rhydon
180. Rhyperior
181. Sableye
182. Mawile
183. Larvitar
184. Pupitar
185. Tyranitar
186. Skarmory
187. Tentacool
188. Tentacruel
189. Krabby
190. Kingler
191. Chinchou
192. Lanturn
193. Buizel
194. Floatzel
195. Frillish
196. Jellicent
197. Swablu
198. Altaria
199. Drifloon
200. Drifblim
201. Inkay
202. Malamar
203. Druddigon
204. Throh
205. Sawk
206. Skorupi
207. Drapion
208. Croagunk
209. Toxicroak
210. Dratini
211. Dragonair
212. Dragonite
213. Omanyte
214. Omastar
215. Kabuto
216. Kabutops
217. Aerodactyl
218. Absol
219. Ditto
220. Horsea
221. Seadra
222. Kingdra
223. Skrelp
224. Dragalge
225. Ponyta
226. Rapidash
227. Magby
228. Magmar
229. Magmortar
230. Elekid
231. Electabuzz
232. Electivire
233. Seel
234. Dewgong
235. Smoochum
236. Jynx
237. Sneasel
238. Weavile
239. Lapras
240. Pawniard
241. Bisharp
242. Lickitung
243. Lickilicky
244. Gible
245. Gabite
246. Garchomp
247. Articuno
248. Zapdos
249. Moltres
250. Mewtwo
251. Mew

tl;dr Basically I just added 100 new Pokemon consisting of cross gen evolutions and the following new families:
-Sentret
-Hoothoot
-Munna
-Aron
-Marill
-Togepi
-Mareep
-Drillbur
-Misdreavus
-Flabebe
-Heracross
-Miltank
-Yanma
-Ferroseed
-Murkrow
-Houndour
-Sableye
-Mawile
-Larvitar
-Skarmory
-Chinchou
-Buizel
-Frillish
-Swablu
-Drifloon
-Inkay
-Druddigon
-Throh
-Sawk
-Skorupi
-Croagunk
-Absol
-Skrelp
-Sneasel
-Pawniard
-Gible

also of course no one mentions it because you caught the weather trio by your self with no witnesses :p
And yet Professor Oak does acknowledge the capture in HGSS. Since that happens so rarely, I don't see why you would dismiss it as nothing.

And yet Professor Oak does acknowledge the capture in HGSS. Since that happens so rarely, I don't see why you would dismiss it as nothing.

Embedded Tower Legendaries
If spoken to while KyogreHG/GroudonSS is in the player's party
Oh, <player>! What brought you here?
The legendary Pokémon that appear in the Hoenn myth?
You must be talking about Kyogre and Groudon!
The Embedded Tower is probably the ruins that has something to do with the Hoenn myth. If so, the other one must be around.
Kyogre and Groudon are said to have shaped the seas and lands!
Where those two are, the other Pokémon is said to appear as well... All this is quite possible!
It's not hard to imagine that the Red OrbHG/Blue OrbSS will make GroudonHG/KyogreSS appear at the Embedded Tower...
However, according to Mr. Pokémon, GroudonHG/KyogreSS does not show itself to Trainers with golden heartsHG/shining-silver spiritsSS, but only to those with shining-silver spiritsHG/golden heartsSS.
It may be difficult for you alone to accomplish this, <player>.
But if you manage to obtain a GroudonHG/KyogreSS that came from the Embedded Tower, please do come and show me both legendary Pokémon!
I will then share with you the rest of the Hoenn myth!
If spoken to while both Groudon and Kyogre from the Embedded Tower are in the player's party
You did it, <player>! You caught both Kyogre and Groudon! OK! I would like to entrust this to you!
It resembles the Orb you received from Mr. Pokémon, doesn't it?'
It is called the Jade Orb. It has something to do with Rayquaza.
Legend has it that the battle between Groudon and Kyogre shaped the lands and seas of Hoenn.
Volcanic eruptions and giant waves are said to have completely changed the shape of the land there.
But then Rayquaza came down to halt the battle.
It is a Pokémon that rules the skies!
If the Embedded Tower is related to Kyogre and Groudon, then going there with that Jade Orb will surely make something happen.
If spoken to while Rayquaza is in the player's party
You have successfully caught Rayquaza!
The strong power of the Jade Orb must have attracted Rayquaza there!
Pokémon are sometimes greatly attracted by certain Orbs and Stones. No one knows why.
Perhaps memories from ancient times... when this planet was born... and Pokémon, also... are making Pokémon behave that way.

no were there does he state these are the exact ones we see in r/s/e he mentions a battle between kyogre and groudon but does not state it was a recent one as pokedex entries from emerald and r/s state this has happened before. thus there more then 1 of these legendary pokemon and i venture to say of all legendary pokemon as i can catch the lake trio in gen 4 and 5 games i can catch regigigas in both gen4 and 5 i can catch mewtwo in gens 3 4 and 6 not to mention mewtwo has two separate mega stones and the anime even states there to be more hen one ( i know anime doesn't count just saying) i can catch the weather trio in emerald aswell and transfer them directly to hg/ss yet i can't use them to get the jade orb plus that would make 2/more of those legendary pokemon. and less of a fact but the fact that other people can have the game and catch the same legends that would mean theres and infinite amount its just you can only find one per game.

“Awakened” in the title of M16 refers to Mewtwo Mega Evolving. Cave of Origin is called Shrine to Awakening in JP version. Hoenn Confirmed with Shrine to Awakening having something to do with Mega Evolution. Perhaps Groudon/Kyogre will be able to Mega Evolve there without trainer and battle player in its Mega form.

no were there does he state these are the exact ones we see in r/s/e he mentions a battle between kyogre and groudon but does not state it was a recent one as pokedex entries from emerald and r/s state this has happened before.
He's talking about the original battle in Hoenn. That's the legend referenced in the Hoenn games; the Emerald climax is a repeat of that event, with the original Groudon and Kyogre awakening and resuming their battle. Oak clearly thinks that the Embedded Tower's Weather trio are the ones from Hoenn.

thus there more then 1 of these legendary pokemon and i venture to say of all legendary pokemon as i can catch the lake trio in gen 4 and 5 games i can catch regigigas in both gen4 and 5 i can catch mewtwo in gens 3 4 and 6 not to mention mewtwo has two separate mega stones and the anime even states there to be more hen one ( i know anime doesn't count just saying) i can catch the weather trio in emerald aswell and transfer them directly to hg/ss yet i can't use them to get the jade orb plus that would make 2/more of those legendary pokemon. and less of a fact but the fact that other people can have the game and catch the same legends that would mean theres and infinite amount its just you can only find one per game.
Gameplay and Story Segregation

He's talking about the original battle in Hoenn. That's the legend referenced in the Hoenn games; the Emerald climax is a repeat of that event, with the original Groudon and Kyogre awakening and resuming their battle. Oak clearly thinks that the Embedded Tower's Weather trio are the ones from Hoenn.

thus there more then 1 of these legendary pokemon and i venture to say of all legendary pokemon as i can catch the lake trio in gen 4 and 5 games i can catch regigigas in both gen4 and 5 i can catch mewtwo in gens 3 4 and 6 not to mention mewtwo has two separate mega stones and the anime even states there to be more hen one ( i know anime doesn't count just saying) i can catch the weather trio in emerald aswell and transfer them directly to hg/ss yet i can't use them to get the jade orb plus that would make 2/more of those legendary pokemon. and less of a fact but the fact that other people can have the game and catch the same legends that would mean theres and infinite amount its just you can only find one per game.

legend has it that the battle between Groudon and Kyogre shaped the lands and seas of Hoenn.
Volcanic eruptions and giant waves are said to have completely changed the shape of the land there.

correct me if i'm wrong but groudon and kyogres battle in the events of emerald did not crate any new oceans or any new land he's talking about their first battle esicaplly since he says the LEGENDS say thus this happened a long time ago. that quote above me is straight from bulbapedias page on oak and his quotes from hg/ss if he was talking about a recent event there'd be no need to say legend says he would say recently they battled. alot of people in stoopolis saw it so its not just few people that exactly saw that battle.

also there doesn't have to be a time line why can't they just make a game just because it doesn't need to affect the time line, infact zelda which does have an offcail time line remade wind waker recently no ones complaining about that "messing up the time line"

I don't know about anyone else but I'd really like Professor Birch to be more active in the game this time. He seems like the exact opposite of all the other Professors (except for the Junipers). Birch doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be working in a lab all day. He seems like he would be out in the wilderness observing Pokemon. Yet during the game, you only interact with him outside the lab three times (the beginning, Route 110, and the Elite Four). Another thing I'd like to see is the game actually deal with how human development affects Pokemon. Hoenn seems like the right place to deal with that topic given that the story really revolves around the environment. It would genuinely make for an interesting subplot.

That would definitely be awesome. I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I think Hoenn's plot had great potential, but they never really did it justice.

Also, not just Prof. Birch should appear moire, but May/Brendan and Wally as well. I think a great deal of the characters could have been fleshed out better

legend has it that the battle between Groudon and Kyogre shaped the lands and seas of Hoenn.

correct me if i'm wrong but groudon and kyogres battle in the events of emerald did not crate any new oceans or any new land he's talking about their first battle esicaplly since he says the LEGENDS say thus this happened a long time ago. that quote above me is straight from bulbapedias page on oak and his quotes from hg/ss if he was talking about a recent event there'd be no need to say legend says he would say recently they battled. alot of people in stoopolis saw it so its not just few people that exactly saw that battle.

also there doesn't have to be a time line why can't they just make a game just because it doesn't need to affect the time line, infact zelda which does have an offcail time line remade wind waker recently no ones complaining about that "messing up the time line"
Thats because it cannot connect with other games in the series.

This differs from what y'all have been discussing, but what if Gym Leaders and E4 members had a selection of Pokemon from which to choose? Say, for example, you were battling Norman. He would always have his signature Slaking, but his other two 'Mons(or maybe three in Emerald) could be randomly selected from a list of Normal types that he might own. So instead of having two Slakings and a Vigoroth, he might have a Spinda and a Linoone, or maybe a Loudred and a Zangoose. Just an idea as a way to mix things up a bit when battling the Leaders, so it isn't as repetitive. Sort of like how the Gym Leaders' teams were different when you rematched them in Platinum and HGSS, only they changed a few 'Mons each time you battled them.

This differs from what y'all have been discussing, but what if Gym Leaders and E4 members had a selection of Pokemon from which to choose? Say, for example, you were battling Norman. He would always have his signature Slaking, but his other two 'Mons(or maybe three in Emerald) could be randomly selected from a list of Normal types that he might own. So instead of having two Slakings and a Vigoroth, he might have a Spinda and a Linoone, or maybe a Loudred and a Zangoose. Just an idea as a way to mix things up a bit when battling the Leaders, so it isn't as repetitive. Sort of like how the Gym Leaders' teams were different when you rematched them in Platinum and HGSS, only they changed a few 'Mons each time you battled them.
This would be a pretty cool idea, and would add a layer of challenge to the game because the player would have to adapt to the Gym Leader on the fly. Maybe this could be an option if not the default setting.

Two things:
1. More Steven
2. More Steven Stone

Yeah, I know how heavily involved Steven is in the Weather crisis, but the more interaction, the more memorable.

This would be cool. An idea on my wish list has been that gym leaders would have a few different pokemon on-hand at various levels to choose from depending on the pokemon their challenger brings - allowing the player to challenge the gym leaders in any order.

This would be cool. An idea on my wish list has been that gym leaders would have a few different pokemon on-hand at various levels to choose from depending on the pokemon their challenger brings - allowing the player to challenge the gym leaders in any order.

That would be a good idea for post game and it would give leaders variability in their teams.

Not really in any order, unless NPC trainers and wild Pokemon also scaled and the need for HMs removed.

"[A]llowing the player to challenge the gym leaders in any several possible orders depending on how the map is laid out."

Not really in any order, unless NPC trainers and wild Pokemon also scaled and the need for HMs removed.

I don't see why they can't scale the levels. As for HM's, they can make it like in Gen V (which didn't actually need the use of any) and not make its use dependent on gym badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom