• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Not really in any order, unless NPC trainers and wild Pokemon also scaled and the need for HMs removed.

I don't see why they can't scale the levels. As for HM's, they can make it like in Gen V (which didn't actually need the use of any) and not make its use dependent on gym badge.
Well, I imagine the logistics of it (i.e. what do they base the scaling on, all the programming required to make sure that wild Pokemon and trainers are scaled appropriately) would make it more than a bit of a headache.

Ugh, I would love to have HMs that don't require badges again, but I don't see them bringing that back. They have a vested interest in making that not the case, especially when remaking a game where HMs were required to reach the next story area.

Yeah the HM issue may be unavoidable (for a Hoenn remake, not in general). As for NPC trainers and wild pokemon, scaling NPC battles would actually be fantastic (in my view) and there could be a mix of high and low level wild pokemon areas on each route (where that annoying tall-grass-that-randomly-stretches-across-the-road-and-can't-be-avoided would have low level mons but more out of the way places could hide higher level mons).

I would love a remake, my copy if the game keeps saying the battery has run dry sad times also only have a ds lite cant trade with my other games. They shoul have classic and new mode moded so if u want u can play it and find the new Pokemon too.

Not really in any order, unless NPC trainers and wild Pokemon also scaled and the need for HMs removed.

I don't see why they can't scale the levels. As for HM's, they can make it like in Gen V (which didn't actually need the use of any) and not make its use dependent on gym badge.
Well, I imagine the logistics of it (i.e. what do they base the scaling on, all the programming required to make sure that wild Pokemon and trainers are scaled appropriately) would make it more than a bit of a headache.

Ugh, I would love to have HMs that don't require badges again, but I don't see them bringing that back. They have a vested interest in making that not the case, especially when remaking a game where HMs were required to reach the next story area.

Yeah the HM issue may be unavoidable (for a Hoenn remake, not in general). As for NPC trainers and wild pokemon, scaling NPC battles would actually be fantastic (in my view) and there could be a mix of high and low level wild pokemon areas on each route (where that annoying tall-grass-that-randomly-stretches-across-the-road-and-can't-be-avoided would have low level mons but more out of the way places could hide higher level mons).

I just came up with an idea for a potential solution to the scaling problem. What if they were scaled depending on how many badges you have? So, if you have none then they're like the early trainers, but if they raise in difficulty as you gather more badges. This might not work to perfection, but I think it could work pretty well.

As for NPC trainers and wild pokemon, scaling NPC battles would actually be fantastic (in my view) and there could be a mix of high and low level wild pokemon areas on each route (where that annoying tall-grass-that-randomly-stretches-across-the-road-and-can't-be-avoided would have low level mons but more out of the way places could hide higher level mons).

You mean like Double Grass/Flower Patches?

For what it's worth, level scaling has been done extensively in the main series games, notably in both Battle Frontier Open Level Courses. The Battle Pike had Trainers with all their Pokémon at the highest level of the player's team, and wild Pokémon were, depending on species, 4 or 5 or more levels below that level. There was a lower limit in the 50s, but that's still about 50 level increments right there.

The detailed Berry descriptions would be most welcome again, although there have been only three new Berries since the last gen that had that information. Of course, the games that introduced the new Berry system would provide a good opportunity to bring in some new ones.

For what it's worth, level scaling has been done extensively in the main series games, notably in both Battle Frontier Open Level Courses. The Battle Pike had Trainers with all their Pokémon at the highest level of the player's team, and wild Pokémon were, depending on species, 4 or 5 or more levels below that level. There was a lower limit in the 50s, but that's still about 50 level increments right there.

That's true, although one specific area is quite a different animal from everywhere in the game.

The detailed Berry descriptions would be most welcome again, although there have been only three new Berries since the last gen that had that information. Of course, the games that introduced the new Berry system would provide a good opportunity to bring in some new ones.

yeah but for gym leaders, as their the main bosses you'd want them to be a bit harder to beat. Also hard mode in black 2 i had no idea how to use it besides after game i tried resetting it was gone ._.

That's true, although one specific area is quite a different animal from everywhere in the game.
My point is that it's quite possible to be applied to everything, not necessarily the "headache" that you said it would be.

If it had some elements of a sequel I would love to see Vito Winstrate as the champion (Steven was perfect, but Wallace was always way too easy).

You know something that really bothers me about the originals? That Evergrande City is nothing more than a flower field with a Pokemon Center. I mean come on, if you're going to call it a "city", at least put some more buildings and put something to do there! I hope they fix this in the remakes.

Pokemon expansion possible as Nintendo hits Midwest Gaming Classic - SlashGear

perhaps hoenn confirmed? either that or they'll announce Z or perhaps they wont' announce anything new at all.... but everyone remember this Tuesday don't believe any hoenn remake announcement

Haha, I totally forgot Tuesday is April Fool's Day. Yeah, we'll probably get some very convincing rumors then.

Knowing Nintendo, they'll announce absolutely nothing and we'll all be pissed because of it.

You know something that really bothers me about the originals? That Evergrande City is nothing more than a flower field with a Pokemon Center. I mean come on, if you're going to call it a "city", at least put some more buildings and put something to do there! I hope they fix this in the remakes.

This, a hundred times over. I was really looking forward to seeing what the city was like, especially one with a name like that, and I was so disappointed... I doubt they'd change it in a remake, but hey, they improved certain Kanto areas in HeartGold and SoulSilver, so maybe...

Maybe Mirage Island can be the only place to get Micle Berries in the wild :D

And I want the optional dating features back in Hoenn ;_; The other day I played Black2, and I called Curtis and he told me that he was thinking about me before getting embarrassed and turning off the Xtranceiver. That was so cute!! If they could do that much in Black2, I don't see why they can't do it in future games again.

Last edited:

And I want the optional dating features back in Hoenn ;_; The other day I played Black2, and I called Curtis and he told me that he was thinking about me before getting embarrassed and turning off the Xtranceiver. That was so cute!! If they could do that much in Black2, I don't see why they can't do it in future games again.

dating? i remember no dating unless emerald didn't have that. also another reason i want remakes mirage island emeralds battery is dry so i can no longer go to mirage island.

dating? i remember no dating unless emerald didn't have that. also another reason i want remakes mirage island emeralds battery is dry so i can no longer go to mirage island.
There weren't any dating features in RSE. There were dating features in Black2/White2. I want the feature back and implemented into a future game again. They could have Match Calls serve like Xtranceivers. Unfortunately, there aren't any theme parks in RSE, unless the remake decides to build one (which I highly doubt since Hoenn is all about nature). RSE has the Secret Bases, though - wouldn't it be cool to hang out with a close friend/date in your Secret Base? It'll be like the Villa in Platinum, just a little bit more friendly and personal.

I don't remember any dating in BW2 but I'd really rather not have any of it in Pokemon.

None of the protags are even close legal for Pete's sake I'd feel totally skeevy having to play through any sort of romance plot…

I don't remember any dating in BW2 but I'd really rather not have any of it in Pokemon.

None of the protags are even close legal for Pete's sake I'd feel totally skeevy having to play through any sort of romance plot…

The Lost Item sidequest. Curtis/Yancy dates you on the Ferris Wheel and they trade you pokemons with Hidden Abilities. You can also call them from time to time and they'll have blushing faces on the Xtranceiver screen. It's just cute affection.

Heck, why do everyone assumes 'dating' as something overly mature and having to do with legal issues? Is it really that difficult to think of simply hanging out together and being friendly with blushing and such? Curtis and Yancy didn't have anything mature and there no legal issues. They developed feelings for the player character just fine :/

Heck, why do everyone assumes 'dating' as something overly mature and having to do with legal issues?
Because they don't want it to stop at first base? Or second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom