• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Two things:
1. More Steven
2. More Steven Stone

Yeah, I know how heavily involved Steven is in the Weather crisis, but the more interaction, the more memorable.

Every moment with Steven was perfect. :)

The anime treated him horribly but they can make up for that game-wise if RS or Emerald get remade. Him appearing in Kanto was nice.

Mod Note: Guys this talk about the Curtis/Yancy sidequest is beginning to get a bit off topic, lets keep discussion on Gen 3 remakes please. Thanks. Discussion about a dating option in the Pokemon games can go in it's own thread.

I can see gen 3 remakes being more likely now then ever. As to if it is released this year/next year I have no idea, but I do think it will be released in the 3DS' life.
Why? Because currently Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza especially are the most sought after Pokemon on the GTS and various sites. Along with the fact that not many people now have the games (many people have lost their copies) or the console to play it and most people's internal clock has run dry. And personally I find it hard to find the games. I also lost my Emerald recently and I'd only managed to find a copy in 2012... ugh...

But it is also a time saver and a cash cow in a way, as they already have the design of the region and a storyline, all they have to do is mix it up a little. And with all the new features they'll have a field day with the battle frontier. So I can see it either being released between X and Y and the remake/sequel/whatever the distortion world they decide to do. Or maybe if it is true that they're making gen 7 or 6.5 then it may be before that game. I don't know, it's just speculation. There has been no official word from Gamefreak for us to go on.

so anyone think the seevi islands might make a return in the remakes if they do infact get made?
Wait, weren't the Sevii Islands only in the Gen 1 remakes? But if they put them in the Gen 3 remakes i think it would be pretty cool, i would like the islands to be a bit bigger though.

so anyone think the seevi islands might make a return in the remakes if they do infact get made?
Wait, weren't the Sevii Islands only in the Gen 1 remakes? But if they put them in the Gen 3 remakes i think it would be pretty cool, i would like the islands to be a bit bigger though.

well through events we saw 2 out of the nine islands in emerald. bt i think it'd make for a great after game and even more so if they make the islands kinda like the orange islands were there 4 badges right?

well through events we saw 2 out of the nine islands in emerald. bt i think it'd make for a great after game and even more so if they make the islands kinda like the orange islands were there 4 badges right?
Did some research and yeah Navel Rock and Birth Island, wich are part of the Sevii Islands, were in Emerald. And yes a Sevii Islands league after the main story as postgame would be awesome.

No, I think the Sevii Islands are meant to be tied to Kanto only. And if they include them, people will wonder why Kanto is not accessible. I think it'd be better for Hoenn to have its own post game area, maybe they can expand the Battle Frontier into an entire archipelago (with new areas accessible from below the waterfall leading to Artisan Cave).

I think they should keep Navel Rock, though, and make it accessible post game without an event.

No, I think the Sevii Islands are meant to be tied to Kanto only. And if they include them, people will wonder why Kanto is not accessible. I think it'd be better for Hoenn to have its own post game area, maybe they can expand the Battle Frontier into an entire archipelago (with new areas accessible from below the waterfall leading to Artisan Cave).

I think they should keep Navel Rock, though, and make it accessible post game without an event.

Would feel weird though, only being able to access one island out of nine, with it not being tied to an event

And yeah, Sevii Islands seem to be more part of Kanto, as most of their facilities also add to Kanto (as Hoenn already had them)

Though I would love to see them back (and I honestly don't really want another stupid Kanto remake for that)

I think Hoenn in general would be far larger, and there's already at least several empty islands on the map. But I also easily could see them expand Dewford/Granite Cave. I mean, there is some sort of forest on that island as well, or at least trees, plus some island-like thing next to it, which they could make accessible. and that's just one area.

And Evergrande City should definitely be an actual city (though whether that is before or after Victory Road doesn't really matter to me, but just a simple flower field and PC was kinda disappointing)

Has anyone touched on blaziken and the lati's being event mega's? Could be a hint. I know there are other gen 3 mega's but I feel intentionally making 3 gen 3 pokemon the only event mega's is alittle more meaningful.

Has anyone touched on blaziken and the lati's being event mega's? Could be a hint. I know there are other gen 3 mega's but I feel intentionally making 3 gen 3 pokemon the only event mega's is alittle more meaningful.
The only ones that we know of - i.e. the only ones in the code of the base game. For all we know they might offer others as DLC down the line :p

I really think they'll be released this fall (or spring 2015 at the absolute latest in Europe, Americas, Australia, etc.). Probably be announced sometime between now and E3.

In addition, FRLG were released 8 years after RG. HGSS were released 10 years after GS. Maybe RS remakes will be released 12 years after RS were (to follow the possible pattern), which would be fall 2014 (in Japan) and spring 2015 (everywhere else). But I'd bet they'll go for a worldwide release again this fall if possible. I can't wait!
If they were going to release them this fall, I would think wouldnt they have been announced already? Im thinking its not gonna be this fall. I say 2015 or later.

Personally, I think that it's only too late to announce them after E3. Until E3 is over this June, I think it's completely possible.

XY were given 10 months (almost exactly) of pre release coverage. But that was a new generation. This time around, they won't have so many secrets, new pokemon, new characters, new locations, etc. to talk about to keep the hype train running. So I think 3-6 months (June announcement to September-December release) would be plenty of time.

Further proof to support my prediction:

HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced in May. They were released in September. That's only a 4 month window! So we know they're already 100% cool with having short-notice announcements with remakes in order to push the hype into a smaller amount of time. So going by this, Ruby and Sapphire remakes could be announced as late as August and still be released in 2014. So an announcement sometime between May-August seems extremely likely to me. Especially in addition to my previous support.

Last edited:

If a main series game were to be released this year, Movie 17 would promote it in some way. There is no sign of that being the case.

If a main series game were to be released this year, Movie 17 would promote it in some way. There is no sign of that being the case.

Mind telling me how Movie 12 promoted HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Because, while reviewing it, I can't find a single thing in it that holds much importance by means of promoting HGSS besides a shoehorned Arceus event (something similar of which could easily be done with RS remakes with Diancie) and a relatively minor character: Spiky Eared Pichu (something else that could be easily 'replicated' in order to promote RS remakes that we may not have seen yet).

While I wouldn't mind if the remakes were released this year and announcing them only a few months before the release is entirely possible, I don't think that they're coming out this year. They probably would include the Hoenn Starters in the next movie, much like how the Johto starters were included in the Arceus movie, but we haven't seen anything like that for the movie. Plus, after putting out a new main series game every year since Platinum and having the first worldwide release for the newest generation less than a year ago, they might want to take a bit of a breather. Coming out next year sounds more likely at this point.

M12 didn't exactly promote HGSS beyond that Pichu (and even then I'd argue that the equivalent that was made available in HGSS, as well as the Arceus event, was really more about promoting the movie).

I forget, but were FRLG promoted within the movies at all? I don't think "we haven't seen any sign of cross-promotion" is really a solid base on which to claim Gen III remakes won't come out this year (although I don't think they will, personally. Maybe next year.).

Because, while reviewing it, I can't find a single thing in it that holds much importance by means of promoting HGSS besides a shoehorned Arceus event (something similar of which could easily be done with RS remakes with Diancie) and a relatively minor character: Spiky Eared Pichu (something else that could be easily 'replicated' in order to promote RS remakes that we may not have seen yet).
Spiky-eared Pichu and the Johto starters were fairly obvious hints towards HGSS; and they were revealed early on (as early as December 2008 for the former). Movie 17 only features Pokémon that are already relevant to XY, and its premiere is only three months away.

Last edited:

Spiky-eared Pichu and the Johto starters were fairly obvious hints towards HGSS; and they were revealed early on (as early as December 2008 for the former). Movie 17 only features Pokémon that are already relevant to XY, and its premiere is only three months away.

Eh, those aren't that big as far as promotions go. But even if they are, there could easily be a small cameo of starters or something that won't be seen until premiere or nothing at all. The movie doesn't have to promote remakes strongly, if at all. A lack of decent movie promotion/reference doesn't kill the idea of 2014 RS remakes.

Spiky-eared Pichu and the Johto starters were fairly obvious hints towards HGSS; and they were revealed early on (as early as December 2009 for the former). Movie 17 only features Pokémon that are already relevant to XY, and its premiere is only three months away.

by that logic m6 shouldhave showed us hints about fr/lg but it was soley focused on jirachi any moive after that is released after fr/lg but theres no hints at it in m7 8 or 9 either.

the anime has been more of a major supporter of the remakes bringing brock back if the generation had something to do with kanto revisting kanto during the battle frontier part and even teh return of misty for a few episodes when hg/ss came out i think they visited johto where dawn entered some contests the pkeathlon was also in the anime and lyra appeared? ( not sure about lyra) and guess what the anime has the first mega to show up being blaziken feels pretty big of a hint from the animators ( minus mega lucario in the opening) and if alan did infact find what looks like the lastiasite the mega evolution special might show us that mega.

the rest of this may all just be coincidence but
also the only legendary pokemon with mega are from gens 1 and 3 both which had a gen 3 appearance and only megas that are event pokemon are from gen 3, in battle trozei 3 out of the four default names are also default names in ruby sapphire and emerald ( shorten kimmy to kim and its 3 anyway)

A lack of decent movie promotion/reference doesn't kill the idea of 2014 RS remakes.
The problem is that nothing supports the idea to begin with. Ishihara promising games for 2014 could mean anything considering that no spin-off retail game has been released yet since XY.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
by that logic m6 shouldhave showed us hints about fr/lg but it was soley focused on jirachi any moive after that is released after fr/lg but theres no hints at it in m7 8 or 9 either.
FRLG were released in January 2004 - a whopping six months after the Movie 6 premiere. And Movie 7 certainly promoted FRLG considering that the Deoxys event was made exclusive to those games.

and guess what the anime has the first mega to show up being blaziken feels pretty big of a hint from the animators ( minus mega lucario in the opening) and if alan did infact find what looks like the lastiasite the mega evolution special might show us that mega.

the rest of this may all just be coincidence but
also the only legendary pokemon with mega are from gens 1 and 3 both which had a gen 3 appearance and only megas that are event pokemon
It's flawed logic to use Mega Evolutions as signs of future games, as they're already being used in XY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom