• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

The problem is that nothing supports the idea to begin with. Ishihara promising games for 2014 could mean anything considering that no spin-off retail game has been released yet since XY.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
by that logic m6 shouldhave showed us hints about fr/lg but it was soley focused on jirachi any moive after that is released after fr/lg but theres no hints at it in m7 8 or 9 either.
FRLG were released in January 2004 - a whopping six months after the Movie 6 premiere. And Movie 7 certainly promoted FRLG considering that the Deoxys event was made exclusive to those games.

the dexosy event was freaking in r/s/e/fr/lg and dexoys is a gen 3 pokemon it focused on dexoys and not a dam* thing towards kanto was mentioned, of course fr/lg got the events because the games existed when the event was happening so they made it available for them, just like the mew event was made available for emerald, and the mew event for hg/ss you could also get that mew on d/p/pt

also wasn't sure if movie came out before ot after but none of the the movies promoted fr/lg the deoxys movie promoted deoxys O_____O

the dexosy event was freaking in r/s/e/fr/lg and dexoys is a gen 3 pokemon
Birth Island didn't exist in Ruby and Sapphire, and it was never unlocked in Emerald, which was released after the movie promotion. Nothing actually ties Deoxys to Hoenn.

of course fr/lg got the events because the games existed when the event was happening so they made it available for them, just like the mew event was made available for emerald, and the mew event for hg/ss you could also get that mew on d/p/pt
But they chose to distribute the Auroraticket rather than Deoxys itself. Every other movie promotion was compatible with all the games released prior it. This one was an exception which served to promote FRLG.

Birth Island didn't exist in Ruby and Sapphire, and it was never unlocked in Emerald, which was released after the movie promotion. Nothing actually ties Deoxys to Hoenn.

of course fr/lg got the events because the games existed when the event was happening so they made it available for them, just like the mew event was made available for emerald, and the mew event for hg/ss you could also get that mew on d/p/pt
But they chose to distribute the Auroraticket rather than Deoxys itself. Every other movie promotion was compatible with all the games released prior it. This one was an exception which served to promote FRLG.

events shouldn't even count but the purpose of destiny deoxys was to promote deoxys a gen 3 pokemon. and the spiky ear pichu how was that a hint? unless i'm missing something spiky ear pichu is a fourth gen only thing and never appeared in g/s aside from regular pichu. the johtot starts you can slightly count but even then they weren't big contributes to the movie or its promotion.

The movies aren't supporters of the remakes the anime tends to be. d/p/pt themselves had bigger hints at hg/ss then the movie ( which only hint wss johto starters appearing randomly ) or the anime. stop trying to disapporve the remakes by saying the movie isn't promoting it it can happen unless game freak comes out and says we're not remaking games anymore. a game doesn't have to be needed or have to be necessary games in general are not necessary, they're made for enjoyment *cough and money cough* if they announce they'll announce it and the first post even says to assume the remakes are going to happen and not debate if they'll happen or not so let's just wait and see if its announced and stop the bickering about if they will or will not be made

Fairy Type Arceus said:
and the spiky ear pichu how was that a hint? unless i'm missing something spiky ear pichu is a fourth gen only thing and never appeared in g/s aside from regular pichu. the johtot starts you can slightly count but even then they weren't big contributes to the movie or its promotion.
Spiky-eared Pichu and the Johto starters were hints because they were being promoted even though they weren't relevant to DPPt. It's that simple.

The movies aren't supporters of the remakes the anime tends to be.
That's an arbitrary statement if I ever saw one. Yes, the anime eventually promotes remakes more than the movies do, but not prior to their release.

stop the bickering about if they will or will not be made
Who's bickering? Am I supposed to just pretend that I agree that their release is being foreshadowed for this year or at all? If you don't care when the games will be announced, don't bring up the topic.

@Silktree

-Deoxys was in no way promoting LGFR. It's in the gen 3 section of the pokedex, the movie it was in was heavily focused on gen 3 characters and pokemon. It had almost nothing to do with LGFR except a distribution, which means nothing. They just happened to be a couple of the newest games at the time, so they were available for distribution purposes.

-It is not flawed logic to use Mega Evolutions as evidence at all. Call it planning ahead. Especially since Lati@s Megas haven't been officially released, near obviously being saved for RS remakes. And the presence of Mega Blaziken in the anime, as mentioned before, is another blatant hint at Hoenn.

-"The problem is that nothing supports the idea to begin with." The effing heck? What do you mean nothing supports the idea to being with? Look at all the different pieces of evidence, hints, past remake release patterns, the fact that they WILL happen, etc. There are so many things supporting RS remakes. I don't care to restate most of them, so just look back at some of my posts (yes a few are a bit older, but you can find them. You did quote one or two) and at so many other reasons given by other posters. The statement that nothing supports the idea to begin with is simply wrong. :/

-and all the support/denial doesn't matter anyway. RS remakes will happen. There's no denying it. As Fairy Type Arceus mentioned "*cough and money cough*". If for no other reason, money will get them produced. And on top of that, there's tons of fan support, fan outcrying, and plenty of reasons to remake them. Done.

Spiky-eared Pichu and the Johto starters were hints because they were being promoted even though they weren't relevant to DPPt. It's that simple.

The movies aren't supporters of the remakes the anime tends to be.
That's an arbitrary statement if I ever saw one. Yes, the anime eventually promotes remakes more than the movies do, but not prior to their release.

stop the bickering about if they will or will not be made
Who's bickering? Am I supposed to just pretend that I agree that their release is being foreshadowed for this year or at all? If you don't care when the games will be announced, don't bring up the topic.

For the third time the movie has only once hinted at a remake and it was just from promoting the johto the starters. the event for deoxys promoted fr/lg but the movie was for dexoys. thats like saying lucario and the mystery of mew was promoting mew but it promoting lucario and gen 4.

i was not debating the announcement of when it'll be released it might be at the very end of gen 6 ( and if gen 7 is announced without a hoenn remake i'll give up hope) i was debating the movies being used as a means to approve or deny the remakes chances.

-Deoxys was in no way promoting LGFR. It's in the gen 3 section of the pokedex, the movie it was in was heavily focused on gen 3 characters and pokemon. It had almost nothing to do with LGFR except a distribution, which means nothing. They just happened to be a couple of the newest games at the time, so they were available for distribution purposes.
Deoxys being a Generation III Pokémon doesn't change the fact that it was available exclusively in FRLG and that two of its Formes could only be used in those games. Again, Deoxys could have been distributed to Ruby and Sapphire, but it wasn't. All I'm saying is that the movie promotion encouraged players to buy FRLG. That's called promotion.

-It is not flawed logic to use Mega Evolutions as evidence at all. Call it planning ahead. Especially since Lati@s Megas haven't been officially released, near obviously being saved for RS remakes. And the presence of Mega Blaziken in the anime, as mentioned before, is another blatant hint at Hoenn.
Whatever you say. The logic is flawed since Mega Blaziken has been available for a while and the anime is promoting several Mega Evolutions (particularly Generation I ones), and there could be any number of Mega Evolutions being planned for the rest of this generation. Latias and Latios being event-exclusive wouldn't be anything new.

-"The problem is that nothing supports the idea to begin with." The effing heck? What do you mean nothing supports the idea to being with?
Nothing indicates that any main series game will be released this year.

Look at all the different pieces of evidence, hints, past remake release patterns, the fact that they WILL happen, etc. There are so many things supporting RS remakes. I don't care to restate most of them, so just look back at some of my posts (yes a few are a bit older, but you can find them. You did quote one or two) and at so many other reasons given by other posters. The statement that nothing supports the idea to begin with is simply wrong. :/
I wasn't referring to the idea of remakes as a whole, although I certainly disagree with your hypothesis that there are many things supporting it. It's mostly wishful thinking, but I have no interest in discussing this repeatedly.

-and all the support/denial doesn't matter anyway. RS remakes will happen. There's no denying it.
This kind of approach is exactly the problem here. When you've convinced yourself of something, you are past caring about logical arguments.

Deoxys being a Generation III Pokémon doesn't change the fact that it was available exclusively in FRLG and that two of its Formes could only be used in those games. Again, Deoxys could have been distributed to Ruby and Sapphire, but it wasn't. All I'm saying is that the movie promotion encouraged players to buy FRLG. That's called promotion.

It was possible to unlock it in Emerald to get speed form Deoxys, wasn't it? Deoxys is tied with both Kanto and Hoenn.

And potential R/S remake promotion doesn't have to be very much like previous remakes because there are Megas now. R/S remakes might be tied with not only regular anime or movies but also with those special anime acts about Megas. Another new thing is Mega Blaziken event. It might be a new form of promoting remakes because in previous generations it wouldn't make any purpose to make special event for only one starter related to future remakes, as there were no Megas yet. Mega Blaziken really feels like a teaser, because it made people think about Megas for other two Hoenn starters.

Last edited:

Whatever you say. The logic is flawed since Mega Blaziken has been available for a while and the anime is promoting several Mega Evolutions (particularly Generation I ones), and there could be any number of Mega Evolutions being planned for the rest of this generation. Latias and Latios being event-exclusive wouldn't be anything new.

-"The problem is that nothing supports the idea to begin with." The effing heck? What do you mean nothing supports the idea to being with?
Nothing indicates that any main series game will be released this year.

Look at all the different pieces of evidence, hints, past remake release patterns, the fact that they WILL happen, etc. There are so many things supporting RS remakes. I don't care to restate most of them, so just look back at some of my posts (yes a few are a bit older, but you can find them. You did quote one or two) and at so many other reasons given by other posters. The statement that nothing supports the idea to begin with is simply wrong. :/
I wasn't referring to the idea of remakes as a whole, although I certainly disagree with your hypothesis that there are many things supporting it. It's mostly wishful thinking, but I have no interest in discussing this repeatedly.

-and all the support/denial doesn't matter anyway. RS remakes will happen. There's no denying it.
This kind of approach is exactly the problem here. When you've convinced yourself of something, you are past caring about logical arguments.

The event promoted fr/lg the movie promoted deoxys. thats why it doesn't support fr/lg because the moive had NOTHING to do with kanto or fr/lg but the deoxys event did and thats the only event that counts not to mention you're saying the movie has to promote the remakes before said remakes come out but by the time destiny deoxys came out and the event started fr/lg had been out for close to a year if not more then a year so the moives don't have to hint at remakes.

It was possible to unlock it in Emerald to get speed form Deoxys, wasn't it? Deoxys is tied with both Kanto and Hoenn.
It was possible via hacking and maybe in Europe (due to the event being delayed), but Birth Island was never made accessible to Japanese Emerald players. Regardless, Birth Island is tied with the Sevii Islands first and foremost.

Mega Blaziken really feels like a teaser, because it made people think about Megas for other two Hoenn starters.
What do Mega Charizard X and Y mean for Venusaur and Blastoise? Anyway, Mega Evolutions can obviously be introduced in any game, and right now the mechanic is heavily tied to Kalos.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
thats why it doesn't support fr/lg because the moive had NOTHING to do with kanto or fr/lg but the deoxys event did and thats the only event that counts not to mention you're saying the movie has to promote the remakes before said remakes come out but by the time destiny deoxys came out and the event started fr/lg had been out for close to a year if not more then a year so the moives don't have to hint at remakes.
FRLG had been out for six months, and the fact of the matter is that they were prioritized over Ruby and Sapphire for the promotion. And I suggest that you broaden your horizons beyond that single movie, because if you actually look at other movies, they definitely featured Pokémon that very much had to do with the games that were released a few months later. There is no precedent for a game being released a few months after a movie that had nothing to do with it. All I'm saying is that I see no evidence that a main series game will be released this year. Maybe in next January if Game Freak are in a hurry.

It was possible via hacking and maybe in Europe (due to the event being delayed), but Birth Island was never made accessible to Japanese Emerald players. Regardless, Birth Island is tied with the Sevii Islands first and foremost.

Mega Blaziken really feels like a teaser, because it made people think about Megas for other two Hoenn starters.
What do Mega Charizard X and Y mean for Venusaur and Blastoise? Anyway, Mega Evolutions can obviously be introduced in any game, and right now the mechanic is heavily tied to Kalos.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
thats why it doesn't support fr/lg because the moive had NOTHING to do with kanto or fr/lg but the deoxys event did and thats the only event that counts not to mention you're saying the movie has to promote the remakes before said remakes come out but by the time destiny deoxys came out and the event started fr/lg had been out for close to a year if not more then a year so the moives don't have to hint at remakes.
FRLG had been out for six months, and the fact of the matter is that they were prioritized over Ruby and Sapphire for the promotion. And I suggest that you broaden your horizons beyond that single movie, because if you actually look at other movies, they definitely featured Pokémon that very much had to do with the games that were released a few months later. There is no precedent for a game being released a few months after a movie that had nothing to do with it. All I'm saying is that I see no evidence that a main series game will be released this year.

ataucally yes japense players did get the opportunity to get speed forme in emerald on birth island just a different event Serebii.net Eventdex - #386 Deoxys

still no moive promoted fr/lg before their release like you say needs to happen for hoenn remakes before we can expect a remake. also you're right about nothing being released this year if it gets announced after june it'll probably be a 2015 release

ataucally yes japense players did get the opportunity to get speed forme in emerald on birth island just a different event Serebii.net Eventdex - #386 Deoxys
This really isn't relevant to the point at hand, but as someone who followed the news back in 2004, I'm quite sure this isn't the case. This Japanese website, which is much more informative than Serebii when it comes to Japanese events, only mentions the movie distribution. Deoxys being distributed to Emerald right after the movie promotion doesn't even make sense.

This really isn't relevant to the point at hand, but as someone who followed the news back in 2004, I'm quite sure this isn't the case. This Japanese website, which is much more informative than Serebii when it comes to Japanese events, only mentions the movie distribution. Deoxys being distributed to Emerald right after the movie promotion doesn't even make sense.
seribi don't lie, seribi is the most reilabe source for pokemon info so don't act like it didn't happen, because there was an event for deoxys in emerald it just wasn't tied with the movie there was an event in japan for deoxys in its speed forme that website just didn't list that one.

even bulbapedia supports that dexoys was findable in emerald see its page check emerald

seribi don't lie, seribi is the most reilabe source for pokemon info so don't act like it didn't happen, because there was an event for deoxys in emerald it just wasn't tied with the movie there was an event in japan for deoxys in its speed forme that website just didn't list that one.
Serebii is not infallible (which hardly means that he lies), and where exactly do you think he finds information about old Japanese events? He relies on Japanese websites.

Also note that he lists the period of the Emerald event as September 16th alone (Emerald's release date). That really doesn't make sense, and even if it did happen, not many players got to download it.

even bulbapedia supports that dexoys was findable in emerald see its page check emerald
The list of events on that page doesn't even include the Auroraticket distribution for any game.

Serebii is not infallible, and where exactly do you think he finds information about old Japanese events? He relies on Japanese websites.

The list of events on that page doesn't even include the Auroraticket distribution for any game.

you didn't even check its page :| HERE: Deoxys (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Game locations
This Pokémon was unavailable prior to Generation III.
Generation III
Ruby Sapphire
None Trade
Emerald
One Birth Island (requires AuroraTicket)

FireRed LeafGreen
One Birth Island (requires AuroraTicket)
Colosseum
None Trade
XD
None Trade
Generation IV
Diamond Pearl
None Pal Park
Platinum
None Pal Park
HeartGold SoulSilver
None Pal Park
Pal Park
Mountain
Generation V
Black White
None Poké Transfer
Black 2 White 2
None Poké Transfer
Generation VI
X Y
None Poké Transporter

also seribi been around since crystal so i'd assume he was around too don't you think

I did check the page, and there is no mention of any Auroraticket distribution on the list of events. The list of game locations just references the fact that Birth Islands exists in Emerald's coding. The Arceus page mentions the Hall of Origin, which means nothing in terms of events.

I am done with this topic.

Also note that he lists the period of the Emerald event as September 16th alone (Emerald's release date). That really doesn't make sense, and even if it did happen, not many players got to download it.

it was a day 1 release to go along with emerald then you know like GENESECT AND MEGA BLAZIKEN and since there was no wifi at the time the event lasted one day since the store owners probably didn't have unlimited time to waste on it kinda like all the movie events japan has the movie is released anyone watching it gets the event pokemon if they brought something or got something. and once again seribi didn't get it from old info he was around when it happened and if seribi didn't know there was an event distribution for emerald he wouldn't put it in there.

even in their archived news http://www.serebii.net/archive/September-2004.shtml

its like mid way down the page

Last edited:

it was a day 1 release to go along with emerald then you know like GENESECT AND MEGA BLAZIKEN and since there was no wifi at the time the event lasted one day since the store owners probably didn't have unlimited time to waste on it
Come on. Pokémon Center events usually last way more than a single day.

kinda like all the movie events japan has the movie is released anyone watching it gets the event pokemon if they brought something or got something. and once again seribi didn't get it from old info he was around when it happened and if seribi didn't know there was an event distribution for emerald he wouldn't put it in there.

even in their archived news September 2004 News

No, that update merely says that the Old Sea Map, Mysticticket and Auroraticket exist in Emerald's data. There is no mention of an actual distribution, so Serebii wasn't aware of anything like that at the time.

Come on. Pokémon Center events usually last way more than a single day.

kinda like all the movie events japan has the movie is released anyone watching it gets the event pokemon if they brought something or got something. and once again seribi didn't get it from old info he was around when it happened and if seribi didn't know there was an event distribution for emerald he wouldn't put it in there.

even in their archived news September 2004 News

No, that update merely says that the Old Sea Map, Mysticticket and Auroraticket exist in Emerald's data. There is no mention of an actual distribution, so Serebii wasn't aware of anything like that at the time.
Pokémon Emerald Birth Island

full page on it and if they knew this to be a hack it wouldn't be on the events page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom