• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire guidebook to be published in South Korea: Serial code f

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire guidebook to be published in South Korea: Serial code for Shaymin ...

An official Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire guidebook will be published on July 17th, 2015 in South Korea. A serial code for Shaymin will be available with the book.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire guidebook to be published in South Korea: Serial co

The Publishing Company for the Strategy Guide lists the release date as July 15 (2 days earlier than the Pokemon website's planned release date). They also list the price as 20,000 won (~$20), and say that the code can be redeemed through January 31, 2016.

Their page on the guide: 만화가 꿈꾸는 세상! 학산문화사 : 아동만화 (this link)

Re: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire guidebook to be published in South Korea: Serial co

I checked a few book stores on July 15 and 16 with no luck, but today (July 17), I found one! As of 11:00 am, the code still does not work, but I'll keep trying when I have time. Here is a link to some pictures of the book and what the code looks like (I covered all but the first 4 characters of the serial code) so people can have an idea what it should look like for proof.

I'm debating whether to buy this. I really want the Shaymin. Hmm...

It is expensive. The book is thick and I'm sure it's great, but the games have been out for 8 months, lol. Most people buying it have probably already finished it and just want the code...

Also, I have to wait a few hours to try again; I tried too many times to redeem my code lol. Let us get our Shaymin already!

It is expensive. The book is thick and I'm sure it's great, but the games have been out for 8 months, lol. Most people buying it have probably already finished it and just want the code...

Yeah. If this book had been available, say, when it was one or two months after the game was released then I would have bought it without a thought but this is a really late publishing :/

I checked a few book stores on July 15 and 16 with no luck, but today (July 17), I found one! As of 11:00 am, the code still does not work, but I'll keep trying when I have time. Here is a link to some pictures of the book and what the code looks like (I covered all but the first 4 characters of the serial code) so people can have an idea what it should look like for proof.

Please let me know when the code works! I'm very interested in that.

Sorry for the late response! I didn't have a chance to try again on the 17th because of other things I needed to do, but I was able to do it on the 18th. I recorded video of the redemption as proof as well: https://youtu.be/TVPpJtyHDdI

Sorry for the late response! I didn't have a chance to try again on the 17th because of other things I needed to do, but I was able to do it on the 18th. I recorded video of the redemption as proof as well: https://youtu.be/TVPpJtyHDdI
Would it be possible to get a nice image of the code card for Bulbapedia, like in the first image but without the translation overlay.

This is the best I can do. I wrote on the code after taking these pictures so that if I ever find it again I don't try to reuse it.

I haven't seen it shared on here since it was announced, but for anyone else in Korea, there's a Mega Battle Festival (official site link) taking place August 8th and August 9th from 11:00~6:00 both days in Seoul at the Yeongdeungpo Lotte Dept. Store (Seoul Subway Line 1). The MegaBattle Festival will have various events and prizes. There will be a Pop-up Pokemon Store featuring official Pokemon merchandise (like there have been many places in Korea recently).

Both days of the Mega Battle Festival, there will be a Shiny Charizard holding Charizardite Y distributed via Infrared. The Charizard's OT will be "메가배틀" (MegaBattle). The Charizard will know the following moves: Overheat, Solar Beam, Focus Blast, Roost. The site also clarifies that you can still receive this Charizard even if you've received the OllehTV CharizardY.

Saturday will be more TCG focused with the theme of "Team Battle Season 2" where players will compete in teams. There are prizes such as rare a Team Battle promo Rayquaza EX card, Team Battle Badges, as well as Team Battle shirts. Registration forms are available on the official site.

On Sunday the event will be more video-game based, and players can compete in Double Battles. The Junior and Senior division will be combined into one division, and the Master division will remain separate. The top players in the Junior/Senior division can win a Primal Groudon 3DS XL (not a new 3ds xl), and in the Master's division it's a Kyogre 3DS XL (not new 3ds). Rules and registration forms are available on the official site.

I haven't seen it shared on here since it was announced, but for anyone else in Korea, there's a Mega Battle Festival (official site link) taking place August 8th and August 9th from 11:00~6:00 both days in Seoul at the Yeongdeungpo Lotte Dept. Store (Seoul Subway Line 1). The MegaBattle Festival will have various events and prizes. There will be a Pop-up Pokemon Store featuring official Pokemon merchandise (like there have been many places in Korea recently).

Both days of the Mega Battle Festival, there will be a Shiny Charizard holding Charizardite Y distributed via Infrared. The Charizard's OT will be "메가배틀" (MegaBattle). The Charizard will know the following moves: Overheat, Solar Beam, Focus Blast, Roost. The site also clarifies that you can still receive this Charizard even if you've received the OllehTV CharizardY.

Saturday will be more TCG focused with the theme of "Team Battle Season 2" where players will compete in teams. There are prizes such as rare a Team Battle promo Rayquaza EX card, Team Battle Badges, as well as Team Battle shirts. Registration forms are available on the official site.

On Sunday the event will be more video-game based, and players can compete in Double Battles. The Junior and Senior division will be combined into one division, and the Master division will remain separate. The top players in the Junior/Senior division can win a Primal Groudon 3DS XL (not a new 3ds xl), and in the Master's division it's a Kyogre 3DS XL (not new 3ds). Rules and registration forms are available on the official site.
Ah, thanks. I had entirely missed this distribution. I wrote up an article here (crediting you as the translator).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom