• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be SEQUELS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simba

Reaction score
I believe the new Hoenn games will actually be sequels in the vein of Black 2 and White 2, rather than "remakes" in the traditional sense. Here's my reasoning.

1) Pokemon hackers have found two unreleased Moves in Pokemon X and Y data files. One is called Thousand Arrows, the other Thousand Waves. Both are 90 BP 100% Accuracy Physical Ground Moves with 10 PP.

2) These stats are identical to Zygarde's Signiture Move, Land's Wrath. This suggests they are forms of Land's Wrath.

3) Thousand Arrows :: A (Greek letter Alpha). Thousand Waves :: ω (Greek letter Omega).

4) I propose that, just like Black-Kyurem and White-Kyurem in Black and White 2, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will introduce Omega-Zygarde and Alpha-Zygarde. When in his respective forms, Land's Wrath will change into the appropriate "Thousand" Move.

Now obviously, in Hoenn as we know it thus far, there is no method or mechanism to transform Zygarde into alternate forms, since he didn't exist back then. This suggests that ORAS takes place at the same time as X and Y, which we know takes place chronologically after previous installments of the main series Pokemon games.

Thus, ORAS will be B2W2-style "sequels" taking place after the events of the original games, not simple remakes.

If true, this would also solve the admittedly-academic but still bothersome problem of uploading Pokemon from an actual Gen III Hoenn-region game to ORAS via the Poke Transporter; it'd be kind of weird to see "seems to have travelled across both space and time in order to reach the Hoenn region from the Hoenn region" in ORAS -- unless ORAS is a sequel and takes place after the events of the original games ^_^

"The announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, 'Pokémon Omega Ruby' and 'Pokémon Alpha Sapphire' will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance 'Pokémon Ruby' and 'Pokémon Sapphire' games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide."

What Satoru Iwata President of Nintendo said, now unless he's lying these are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire and not sequels.

I don't understand your reasoning. What would be the sense in including two new formes of Zygarde in Hoenn rather than a Z version or X2/Y2? And why would Zygarde even be relevant in Hoenn in the first place enough that the "sequels" would have something to do with him?

Also, what Norzan said~

Norzan: I strongly suspect that particular wording "full remakes" was used in the sense of "these aren't just minor additions to XY or some dinky DLC thing but full games." You have to understand, that was a marketing release, designed to shore up interest and generate sales. "Full remakes" sounds enticing. Doesn't mean they're not sequels.

Gaara: They'd be released in ORAS instead of X2Y2 because the Moves correspond to Omega (Thousand Waves) and Alpha (Thousand Arrows).

Norzan: I strongly suspect that particular wording "full remakes" was used in the sense of "these aren't just minor additions to XY or some dinky DLC thing but full games." You have to understand, that was a marketing release, designed to shore up interest and generate sales. "Full remakes" sounds enticing. Doesn't mean they're not sequels.

Gaara: They'd be released in ORAS instead of X2Y2 because the Moves correspond to Omega (Thousand Waves) and Alpha (Thousand Arrows).

But that's the thing. That's a huge speculation and one that doesn't make much sense considering the Omega that they're using in the official artwork is the one that's on Groudon's arm, not the one that looks like "ω". Besides, again, it makes no sense for Zygarde to be that relevant in Hoenn at all when it makes much more sense for it to have its own role in Kalos.

@Simba; Why would he lie? Like i said in the other thread false advertising is one of the worst things a company can do when advertising an upcoming game/movie/whatever because a group of people will expect one thing and other group will expect another and one of those groups is going to be dissapointed and pissed off, they will stop trusting in the company and because of that the company will lose money and costumers. If he wanted to leave it ambiguous he wouldn't outright said they were remakes, also i never heard in my entire life a company saying they were remaking something but it turned out to be a sequel, how can someone get sequel from the word remake?

"I think "full remakes" seems to mean that they are direct remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. They stated that outright. I dont see them having anything to do with X/Y the way B2/W2 did with Black and White at all. Those moves however do likely have something to do with the next game in relation to X/Y.

I don't think ORAS are going to introduce anything related to Zygarde at all, but if they did they could easily have a cameo character or someone else give the player the items/Mega Stones required to change Zygarde's appearance as well as allowing the player to teach Zygarde Thousand Arrows and/or Thousand Waves (assuming those moves are related to it, of course) in some form of side-quest/post game scenario/ORAS exclusive area.

While it may not be exactly like HGSS and the Embedded Tower/Weather Trio, but if Game Freak wants to do something with Zygarde in ORAS I don't see why it has to be a sequel? It's not like Zygarde started existing in the Pokemon universe in Gen VI.

But like I said, I don't think it will happen, and like others have said, ORAS are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire and not sequels.

People who continue to deny that these are remakes just make me really mad.

@Simba; Why would he lie? Like i said in the other thread false advertising is one of the worst things a company can do when advertising an upcoming game/movie/whatever because a group of people will expect one thing and other group will expect another and one of those groups is going to be dissapointed and pissed off, they will stop trusting in the company and because of that the company will lose money and costumers. If he wanted to leave it ambiguous he wouldn't outright said they were remakes, also i never heard in my entire life a company saying they were remaking something but it turned out to be a sequel, how can someone get sequel from the word remake?

yeah for exaple storm 3 was said to have now pre time skip naruto characters but they were in not that this alone was the big deal it did feel wrong to advertise the opposite the real kicker however was how they were in when no one wanted them but advertised characters like kinkaku and ginkaku and the edo tensei kages were not playable I lost all faith in cc2 after that

People who continue to deny that these are remakes just make me really mad.

I look at it as passionate fans trying to stir up a discussion. Even the delusional get to start discussions here. I was one of the delusional that thought ORAS were going to be sequels, so I know how it is.

I do believe that the moves exist, but not on Zygrate, but on the third mascot of ruby/sapphire, Rayquaza. If they have remakes or upgrades to the classic games, Rayquaza needs to be involve too.

I do believe that the moves exist, but not on Zygrate, but on the third mascot of ruby/sapphire, Rayquaza. If they have remakes or upgrades to the classic games, Rayquaza needs to be involve too.

Why would these moves be related to Rayquaza? It seems much more logical that these two Ground moves that have similar animations when used to Zygarde's scales would belong to Zygarde.

3) Thousand Arrows :: A (Greek letter Alpha). Thousand Waves :: ω (Greek letter Omega).
Alpha Sapphire uses small alpha (α) and Omega Ruby uses capital Omega (Ω) so what you're using as evidence is a bit of a stretch.

4) I propose that, just like Black-Kyurem and White-Kyurem in Black and White 2, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will introduce Omega-Zygarde and Alpha-Zygarde. When in his respective forms, Land's Wrath will change into the appropriate "Thousand" Move.
So how is this evidence towards sequels and not another Kalos game?

If true, this would also solve the admittedly-academic but still bothersome problem of uploading Pokemon from an actual Gen III Hoenn-region game to ORAS via the Poke Transporter; it'd be kind of weird to see "seems to have travelled across both space and time in order to reach the Hoenn region from the Hoenn region" in ORAS -- unless ORAS is a sequel and takes place after the events of the original games ^_^
And Black and White being treated as parallel universes in-game, yet being able to trade with each other, and the capability of trading N's Dragon back from BW2 to fight N's dragon in BW is what? Less problematic than a status screen?

It's not even false advertising that Iwata was doing. The game ad may be treading on false advertising. Iwata was addressing his investors. It makes even less sense that you'd lie.

I'm pretty sure when they showed that 30 second add ending with a shot of ORAS' box art, that would have been enough of a statement that its a full retail game and not DLC

The "space and time" part seems logical anyway, as the Pokemon would have to travel through several time periods to get from one Hoenn to the other. Forward in time from Gen III to Gen IV, then again to Gen V and possibly* again to Gen VI, then back to the Ruby/Sapphire time period, essentially an alternate Hoenn to the one they came from. That's an awful lot of time travel.

(*depending on whether they went to B/W or B2/W2)

Last edited:
The games have been confirmed as full remakes, so unless we get any news that confirms that they will be some sort of sequel-type-thing down the line, I'll be locking this.

(Also Zygarde will get its own games to be the mascot of in the future. Groudon and Kyogre are taking the spotlight in ORAS.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom