• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

Reaction score
Which of the Amazing new games is better, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? I have both and LOVE THEM! Let me know:):)

Reaction score
i have alpha but omega you can get ho-oh latios tornadous and better legendaries like that

Sir RTA fan of Wikia
Reaction score
i got Omega Ruby cos Ruby was the first Pokemon game i ever played.

unamused
Reaction score
alpha sapphire has sableye and is therefore superior

Glorious Goo
Reaction score
I got Alpha Sapphire since it overall has my fav legendaries and team aqua is more fun to play with than team magma. Though I'm gonna have to ask around for that adaptability Skrelp as a result.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
Omega Ruby (as that's what I have). Besides, Groudon makes a much better threat than Kyogre. It's practically a walking molten kaiju, evaporating moisture wherever it pleases.

Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire, because Sapphire was my very first Pokemon game.

The Charming Fool
Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire was definitely the better game. Archie and Team Aqua work better as the primary villains. Not to mention the Kyogre cutscene in the Cave of Origin looks much better than Groudon's. Maxie works much better as the secondary villain. His speech at the end of Alpha Sapphire at the Battle Resort is nothing short of terrific. From what I saw in Omega Ruby videos, Archie's speech isn't as good.

Reaction score
I think that Team Magma has a better villainous organisation compared to Team Aqua, Maxie has grunts with discipline and they behave more like an army. Therefore, To me, Omega Ruby has a better antagonistic team and thats why I like Omega Ruby better.

Lovely
Reaction score
Omega Ruby because

Team Magma > Team Aqua
Primal Groudon > Primal Kyogre