• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Bronzor and Bronzong: Investigating the inspirations behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
On the Origin of Species: Bronzor and Bronzong: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

In another column exploring the likely cultural and zoological origins of Pokémon species, we take a look at the Bronzor and Bronzong.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: On the Origin of Species: Bronzor and Bronzong: Investigating the inspirations be

Very interesting story. I knew Bronzong was a bell of some sort, but always saw Bronzor as a coin-type thing. I always love reading these, and can't wait for next week!

Re: On the Origin of Species: Bronzor and Bronzong: Investigating the inspirations be

I love this series of articles about the origins of different Pokemon. It is actually quite interesting seeing as I'm a sucker for Japanese mythology and biology too.

Nice article, I found it to be very interesting. Also that was quite an epic ending you had there.

Yaaay another one!
Wow, you've gotta love mythology after this! Brongzong is too much of a pain in the neck to break anyway.

Ah! I do love a good folktale or legend and that one simply sang to me~ Great article as per the usual.

I love these articles. This one was one of my favorites, nice research.

This was a fun read. Considering how well researched this stuff is, I wonder if the actual species articles can actually link to them in their article, even at least in the trivia section. As far as I can tell, the origin sections in the articles themselves are just fans guessing.

That was a pretty creepy legend. Why would breaking the bell supposedly make the person who broke it rich? And furthermore, why was she so attached to a mirror? Either way, this gives me chills.

What an interesting read!

That was a pretty creepy legend. Why would breaking the bell supposedly make the person who broke it rich? And furthermore, why was she so attached to a mirror? Either way, this gives me chills.

It was cursed?

It's pretty self explanatory. Why was she so attached?

A:"An old proverb said that a mirror was the soul of a woman, and she started to worry that in giving away her precious mirror, she had also given away her soul."

Why would it make the person rich if they broke it?
A: "The locals took this dying promise quite seriously, as the last wishes of anyone dying in anger were thought to possess a mystical power"

It's all right there in the text. It's a superstition. I mean, why would crossing a black cat's path cause bad luck?

Fantastic column!

Completely off topic, but each time I hear 'Bronzong' I think of "Thong Song" by Sisqo.

Dat Brong brah Brong Brong Brong.

This one was new to me. It was obvious that it was based of a mirror and bell but the legend attached to it was new to me. Very interesting as always.

That was quite informative. I never read that one.

Bronzor and Bronzong are among my all-time favorite Pokémon. This column was a very interesting read, and I now better understand the legends behind one of my favorite Pokémon.

Outrage said:
This was a fun read. Considering how well researched this stuff is, I wonder if the actual species articles can actually link to them in their article, even at least in the trivia section. As far as I can tell, the origin sections in the articles themselves are just fans guessing.

Actually, the species articles do link to these columns. The links are in the Origin section.

This was a really interesting read. The story about the woman and her mirror was actually quite funny: I love it when people can stuff up others lives from beyond the grave :p And it is interesting to see how Bronzong and Bronzor came about.

That was really interesting. I like how their Heatproof ability relates so close to the legend.. and that was a great ending for the article

This one was really very good! I particularly liked the ending and that Pokedex entry certainly is interesting after learning about the myth!

I'm not too familiar with Bronzor/ong and I just can't believe they have Heatproof... They're enough of a bitch anyway...

I didn't even realise Bronzong was a bell! I thought it was supposed to be some kind of cyber Pokemon!

I thought this was one of the best yet. I always knew that bronzong was a bell, but I assumed that Bronzor was a gong. The "ong" part of Bronzong backed this up in my mind. I never figured out where the "or" came from in Bronzor but now I get that it comes from mirror. I love all these articles and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom