• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Castform: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they do a column on Pineco then they will.
I meant more on how a pinecone opens and closes depending on the weather (regarding to Castform's ability to change depending on the weather, not to the ability to change the weather). But it will probably be mentioned on Pineco's one (if there is one).

So Shuppet is just a cursed rain doll. Interesting way to tie them together.

Interesting article...I never knew Castform was based on an old tradition.

Wow, what an interesting read ^.^

Those dolls look so amazing, it's absolutely pissing it down here so methinks I'll make one and see if the rain'll stop before heading out ^.^

I find it odd how many connections I've been finding lately between Pokémon, really odd things like Castform and Shuppet that, dare I say, may even have some kind of unexplored relationship? Hearing about their similarities between the pair, all I can hear in my head is - "episode waiting to happen much?"

Anyhums, no, I always thought Castform was just a weather ball on a cloud, with the weather ball changing with the weather (just like the move), so it's great to see where it really comes from ^.^

Tarar *mwah*

Ryuutakesh! said:
And here I thought it was Casper with boobs.

My fiance and I thought it was something other that boobs XD

These articles are fantastic. I've never known about the teru teru bozu and find the article incredible interesting. I'e used Castform before, didn't like it much, but it's also unusual to find something else like Shuppet based of a similar idea. I hope he does more, or at least one for every Pokémom. I know it's alot but I'm sure if he asked we'd all help. ^_^

Just a few other comments:

Fairy Red said:
Hah, this is interesting! Good to show it to those who like to claim Gen III-IV Pokemon are "uninspiring" or "out of ideas" or other stupid claims like that.

Amen!

Snorlax Monster said:
I meant more on how a pinecone opens and closes depending on the weather (regarding to Castform's ability to change depending on the weather, not to the ability to change the weather). But it will probably be mentioned on Pineco's one (if there is one).

They could probably do something similar with Cherrim, both would be really fascinating ^_^

Dawwwwww, I love Castform, it's nice to see it get some love.

Teruteru bouzu always make me hungry. They look like ghost lollipops. :9

Fun and interesting read. I look forward to the next one :D

Stuff like this just fascinates me, and here I was thinking that it's idea was simply drawn from a cloud.

I think I'll start hanging a teruteru bozu from my window on occasion from now on. LOL

And the case of Shuppet seems interesting. Maybe it was a bozu that had its head cut off? Just guessing.

Last edited:
AAh finally non-fanwank articles.Im so diggin this,so diggin it.And I didnt knew that castform was more than a weather ball,either haha.

Now,in this part of the post I was going to link a funny 4koma of Churuya-san about those dolls,but I cant seem to find it anymore...boo

Anyway,keep it up with this articles!!!

And the case of Shuppet seems interesting. Maybe it was a bozu that had its head cut off? Just guessing.
Yes, that is a likely theory that it is a Teru Teru Bozu that has come back to haunt those that has cut its head off. It would make an interesting story and could possibly tie the Castform and Shuppet together in some way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom