• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Farfetch'd: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: On the Origin of Species: Farfetch'd: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokém

That was a great article!I, too,like reading fluff and this one was especially funny.Hope Farfetch'd doesn't get an evo.

Re: On the Origin of Species: Farfetch'd: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokém

I agree with the opinion that farfetch'd shouldn't get an evolution. It's funnier when he's useless.

this duck kick ass in the battle tower
when it has swords dance

I really think it's scary for a Pokemon to be eaten. A couple of months ago, I was reading the Pokemon Website Mailbag. One person asked "Do Pokemon ever get eaten in the Pokemon world? I saw humans eating meat sometimes." And the staff replied "Did you hear our confrences? No, even though they eat meat it's not Pokemon meat." Or something like that. But then, Pokedex states in Episode 49 So near, yet so Farfetch'd, the Farfetch'd were good to eat.

Wow. So Farfetch'd is a big, complicated joke of a Pokemon. (No wonder it's so weak.) I couldn't help giggling at certain points in the article; especially the end.

Hmm, nice analysis. Putting Farfetche'd in such a context makes sense the poor stats and such. :U

Culinary wise, instead of duck stew, I've always associated Farfetch'd with Peking Duck. Another popular duck dish that also includes green onions.

That said, I do enjoy reading your articles.

hmmmm....Farfetch'd is actually a distant cousin of the cabbage duck

You know, I had always just assumed that the origin of farfetch'd was the dodo bird, which, as we know, was hunted to extinction because they were easy to cath and kill for food.

Wow, I thought finding info on Farfetch'd would be easy as duck soup. Well, if I were to try it, I'd be a dead duck. It's obvious that you really know how to get your ducks in a row, and you don't duck out of things easily. Hard-to-find info is like water on your duck's back, you take to writing like a duck to water.

Trying to track down the genuine Duck Tale often felt like a wild duck chase, etc, etc...

Some of the explanations of this phrase mentioned duck soup, others duck stew. The point seems to be that duck and green onion go together well - apparently this has something to do with the onion absorbing some of the less palatable flavours of the duck... but I know nothing at all about cooking, so I'll just have to take their word for it.

Thank you for this article, I love Farfetch'd. I love this Pokémon.
It doesn't matter it's power: I can make it stronger.
In Red / Blue I can also catch another Spearow to have a Fearow AND a Farfetch'd. :)
I think the more interesting part is how Spearow is always used for these kinds of exchanges. In GSC/HgSs you deliver a spearow to a sleeping guy to get a TM.

Man, and all this time I thought that it was an actual legend. Reading this article has also compelled me to stop hoping for a Farfetch'd evolution, which is something I wouldn't have expected to happen. Kudos, I cannot wait for future articles.

I'm from Beijing, and for the first time I heard this Pokemon, it reminds me Peking Duck naturally(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_Duck). However, the green onion used in Peking Duck is slightly different from the one Farfetch'd held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom