• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

As part of a returning series exploring the likely cultural and zoological origins of Pokémon species, we take a look at Magikarp.

Read more on Bulbanews

It certainly has been a while since we last saw a Origin of the Species article, so this came as a nice surprise to me. Great read as usual.

This was a really nice surprise. Great piece, as always, Bikini.

Damn, it's been so long since the last articles. I've missed these; I'm excited to read the rest. This will be a cool thing to pass the time until XY release too, huh.

Boy, it's been a while since the last Origin of Species report. I really missed them, since they were a lot of fun to read, as well as learn some interesting facts from them. Can't wait to see what other Origin of Species reports well be getting. Nice reporting.

Been a while since we've seen one of these. I actually kinda missed them, and was (coincidentally?) just thinking about it the other day. Even though i've heard the Magikarp origin before, it's still nice to see this back, and i can't wait to see what's to come in the coming weeks.

This is a very interesting article. I should check out the other pokemons as well!! Hopefully, there will be a day when all 600+ pokemons are covered :D

I might have almost screamed when I saw that there was a new On the Origin of Species - updated yesterday, no less! I'm far more excited for more of these than X and Y, honestly. Anyway, great article, but I already knew everything in this one, so it was a slight disappointment. v_v Oh well. Can't wait for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom