• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Pokémo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Po

That was kinda creepy, but I'm still proud to own a Parasect! XD

Re: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Po

That was really quite something and aslo disgusting a bit. Interesting as always.

Ok, this article creeps me out :S, but I still love it. Now that I think about it, what about the bulbasaur family? They also have a plant on their backs?
The Bulbasaur family is instead an example of a mutual symbiosis. (which gives them the poison dual type) Unlike parasitism, both organisms are beneficial to each other. I would assume apporting inorganic and organic nutrients, plus movility etc is bulbasaur's case, but for example there's a sea tube worm that lacks digestive system, and relies on the organisms inside it to do it as they take their own ration of the same food.

I see the resemblance, the claws!

Any can't wait for whatever is next, the clue points to Jirachi for me, tomorrow.

Amazing article! Now you've forever compelled me towards using parasect on my teams. Those zombie eyes...

Ok so I never realized that they were both cicadas which is cool. I kinda feel bad for Parasect, b/c its eyes are whited out because its possessed...what would a Paras/Parasect w/o mushrooms look like? Is there another state in which Paras and Nicada could share a baby? Because that'd be awesome...

Lastly, this kinda of thing CAN happen to people too (more though a stange disease than spores)...if anyone has ever heard of the tree man, you know what I mean. If not, go look it up (sry CNN was the 1st link): http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/10/02/treeman.wart.skin.disorder/index.html

Awesome column. Parasect has always been a favorite of mine. I had no idea that the tochukaso was an actual real-world fungus.

Very good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom