• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Woobat: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, those little white puffballs are so cute! I wish I could keep one as a pet...

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to stick with the Swoobat in my Black version. :p

Brilliant article, adorable bat and impressive thought gone into an equally cute Pokemon. <3 I almost want to stop my Woobat from evolving now.

i knew most of it, but its still an awesome read regardless!

i want one about me!

did you know that my design is partly based on a Real World flower?

its commonly called ''Bird Of Paradise''

I love Origin of Species! Glad to see a new one is up!

Never thought that there was a real life bat that is essentially a flying ball of fluff, however

i knew most of it, but its still an awesome read regardless!

i want one about me!

did you know that my design is partly based on a Real World flower?

its commonly called ''Bird Of Paradise''
I didn't know that! That's kinda interesting.

One on the Snivy family would indeed be interesting. Lots of snake references, plus the French nobility stuff.

At first I was disgusted seeing them all clustered together reminded me of how Bugs Stick and Cluster together. I hate bugs.

But seeing there faces and bodies not freakishly together they look cute.

Honduran-white-bats.jpg

Hi!! i love this Pokemon because its based in a native animal of my beloved country of Honduras!!! a really beautiful and many times overlooked species!!!

Oh, awesome. I was hoping that you were still doing these. I knew most of the stuff, but it was a great read.

Bats are awesome. Woobat and Swoobat were by far the best thing to come out of generation five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom