• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Wooper: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already had a hunch that Wooper was based off an axolotl ever since I saw it's creepy HGSS sprite. It wasn't the sprite itself, but it was after I got HG that I made the connection.

I liked the article, actually. I already knew that Wooper was based on the axolotl. What about Quagsire?

Quagsire's probably based on a Japanese giant salamander (it's less clear-cut than Wooper, but there's a good amount of evidence). I may touch on that in a future article.

Hmm... makes me want to go catch a wooper... or get an axolotl and inject it with iodine. lol jk =p

This was a nice article. One of the things I like about the 'Pedia is the trivia section, this was like a massive Wooper trivia. More!

Awww, how cute!
Anyway, interesting article, and I love Wooper anyway :p

This was a really interesting read, it's nice to see a more in-depth origin story compared to what we see on each Pokémon's page. I wonder about the possibilities of even incorporating articles like this into individual Pokémon pages, possibly even just a link.

I found it especially interesting the colour of the creature and the fact that it actually has arms O.O odd that they chose to make Wooper a different colour and even remove its arms.

Tarar Woopers *mwah*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom