• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - ENDGAME - Baroque Works Win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Day 1: Land Ho! - Accepting Subs!

VOTE: Jack
Let's get the annoying person out.

no, but a lot of other things could be. If info roles were the only way to go on with, playing a mafia game would be meaningless.

Generally, you can make a guess based on who is defending who, who is agreeing with who, etc...

But in most mafia games, town is the only one that doesn't know who is on their side...Mafia doesn't know that either in this one, so that kind of information gathering is going to be pointless. Add to the fact that we are currently even. My side has 8 people. The other side has 8 people. You may be on my side, and I'll never know it.

no, but a lot of other things could be. If info roles were the only way to go on with, playing a mafia game would be meaningless.

Generally, you can make a guess based on who is defending who, who is agreeing with who, etc...

But in most mafia games, town is the only one that doesn't know who is on their side...Mafia doesn't know that either in this one, so that kind of information gathering is going to be pointless. Add to the fact that we are currently even. My side has 8 people. The other side has 8 people. You may be on my side, and I'll never know it.

no, but, that doesn't mean not talking to others to gain information (any information would be a bad idea) especially if our alliance checking cop, which I am assuming exists (may or may not be the same one as yours, like you said) happened to die, in which case, we would be completely stuck and have nowhere to turn to, especially because we did not utilize our chances to talk to others. I am not really all that good at multifaction (or it's theories), but, I believe, after a few phases people's alignments would be common knowledge for those who tried to gain information.

My guess is that we have multiple cops and doctors in this game.

My point is that watching how people talk is pretty pointless in most mafias... it is nothing more than futile in this one.

*shrug* I have no idea how to figure out who is on my team.

Everything depend on hosts.

Sometimes hosts choices of roles could ruin some strategy but I just considered that as a bad luck... play with whatever strategy you want and if others though that your act based on your strategy(s) are somewhat scummy *or for half of players here, townie* or try ruin the games, we can lynch you out or request host to sub you I guess..

Theorizing Day 1!!

The way I see it, normally posting does provide information. But in this game in particular, since neither Town nor Mafia have known connections we can't gather as much information through interactions and stuff. Basically, I think Town and Mafia would behave the same way early game so it's hard to tell them apart.

And so we blind lynch someone Day 1 to get some results, for example, a claimed Mafia.

Vote lovandra

Vote: MCH

Seems a little excessive to vote for yourself right off the bat...
Also a bit excessive to vote for him as well, don't you think?

I might be Mafia. I might be Town.

VOTE: returnofmastercrazyhand

Oh well, since he's offering.

Well, early into day 1, and someone already has a fair number of votes on them. Seems like you want to get an easy kill off, which is a bit odd since we have little to no info to go on.

...Of course, since nobody has any idea who's who, that does change things quite a bit...which I'm now starting to fully realize...

Aggressive does seem like one good option to go for in this game, but I still feel reluctant to just out anyone off the bat to basically see who they are.

@AussieEevee; 100% wrong. The way someone talks can easily indicate alignment. Especially if it's their first time as a different alignment. Behaviors most often tend to change depending on alignment and this only becomes harder to catch if the person knows how to make themselves look like the same alignment always. This usually happens with practice and even then they'll have quirks, which is just a matter of catching. In mafias talking is more important than anything. Also how is that an alignment claim from Pyandra?

VOTE: lovandra

im pretty sure this isn't our first mafia together and so I know you should know that that is total BS that mafia don't gather information. They need to just as much as anyone because if they don't then they end up hurting. They have to know who's doctor and cop and stuff so as to easily take care of the larger threats. Also mafia tracker, role cop, other roles I can't think of (been a while since I been in a mafia) are info gathering roles. I can only think that you want attention off yourself role wise because you claimed to be BW already.

@AussieEevee; 100% wrong. The way someone talks can easily indicate alignment. Especially if it's their first time as a different alignment. Behaviors most often tend to change depending on alignment and this only becomes harder to catch if the person knows how to make themselves look like the same alignment always. This usually happens with practice and even then they'll have quirks, which is just a matter of catching. In mafias talking is more important than anything. Also how is that an alignment claim from Pyandra?

Actions speak loud than words.

*shrug* I am not going to change how I talk based on my role PM. How I act? Certainly. How I talk? No.

That was an alignment claim due to this:

Mass claiming allignment?

I confirm to be BW!

Which means anyone voting Lov is either definitely town.. or a mafia that doesn't believe her claim.

So? Is that prove me against my claim...?

I may play with some strategy, I may not :3.

Eevee, some people indeed show different faces as mafia and town.. they change gears like activity or how they responds toward things...

Some people, indeed have ability to stay play the same as mafia or town.. but that's rare..

And you maybe not aware... but you maybe also act different as mafia and as town...

Need I remind you of the RM Mafia? Where you thought I was acting scummy and Flop, my replacement, flipped town in the end?

Or the XY mafia, where I myself persecuted Jack based in the way he was talking. Jack also flipped town.

It was that incident with Jack that taught me you can never ever judge someone by how they talk.

Confirming!
Of course we have the capability to gain info through methods other than roles. Talking, pressure voting, all are viable aspects of info gathering. Plus, everyone sounds different depending on alignments except serious veterans, and even then they can slip.
For now, I'll Vote: Jackatlasred since he suggested we skip the d1 lynch, not a viable option in this game since the mafia don't know each other so the kill gives town nowhere near as much info - lynching is an integral part of this game. Suggesting we don't do much sounds to me like town who hasn't thought out properly or a mafia trying to discourage info gathering.

Generally speaking the way someone talks in thread can be very important in terms of scumhunting, in a game like this though i'm not sure. It definitely needs a more heavyhanded approach than usual and therefore wasting the opportunity to lynch on D1 isn't something i'm in favour of at all. We usually take a stab in dark when the chances of hitting mafia are tiny, in this game it's 50/50 so the odds aren't bad.

Vote: Poke Man

His vote was without reason and was rude to boot.

@AussieEevee; you definitely can. The way people talk, especially when under pressure, gives us a lot of information. Using meta isn't really helpful, since the two instances you mentioned were
1. Partially due to your claim, and before I was you I thought you were scum.
2. Jack. Jack often acts scummy as town, and I am yet to see his scum meta and whilst he is perpetually scummy he is also consistant so that argument is void. He probably does act different as mafia, we just haven't seen it yet.

Jack is new.. and he has quite aggresive style.. you were also quiet new *or at lease show sort of 'new at mafia game' vibe*

Also on RM, it's actually pretty clear to me that you r town *progress that make me confussed but she seems more readable now*. But your whole behaviours seems anti-town = will hurt town much on normal play where you play power role. Me and gags and the others that time just simply wanted to warn you to be carefull. We may words that badly...

But that was different game... this game have way different game play and everything will be pretty confusing on their own :3.

But that was different game... this game have way different game play and everything will be pretty confusing on their own :3.

This game feels more like the Disney Infinities mafia rather than a normal mafia, tbf.

Anyway, for now... I want to see more out of @returnofmastercrazyhand; than just a self destructive post.

At everyone still talking about the way people talk: actions speak louder than words. That is the last I am going to say on the subject.

This is going to be a difficult game, but I think analyse how people speak could help us find mafia and a no lynch won't help us going forwards. MCH bandwagon seems like a easy band wagon and thus an easy kill. Jack speak like mafia all the time he could be mafia and talk like mafia, and as I did in Chaos mafia. I disagree with his stupid ideas of no- lynch and I think he should stop making his team lose for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom