• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - ENDGAME - Baroque Works Win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Day 1: Land Ho! - Accepting Subs!

*we can't confirm or deny them.

Curse these hands of mine while typing grrrr

@Midorikawa; that makes him scummy because jack ALWAYS pushes for a day 1 lynch of some sort.

As FA said, this isn't particularly scummy because it is an entirely different situation. Mafia could come out and feel safe enough not to be lynched because lynching could be fifty fifty. There is like FA said, a 50/50 chance of hitting either team, same with the nightkill. No side has the advantage currently.

@AussieEevee; 1) Mafia could believe that lovandra is lying and thus vote her believing she's town
2) They could bus her to look town, because even though we start out even, there is no knowing what roles exist, and mafia have no communication from early on. Thus they may easily try to get on the town side to control town roles and whatnot.

And you still ignored who the bigger fish to fry are. You said there are bigger fish to fry and yet you haven't said who.

Or not. Apparently I didn't notice that we are still on the same page.

Lovandra's ability still worries me, so I'm going to Vote: Poke Man

For the record, I do agree with Jack... but I have been shouted at before for voting no lynch. Poke Man is no better a target than anyone else, but no worse either.

On the plus side, if a townie gets lynched, the mafia have an increased chance to hit one of their own with the Nightkill.

For the record, I do agree with Jack... but I have been shouted at before for voting no lynch. Poke Man is no better a target than anyone else, but no worse either.

On the plus side, if a townie gets lynched, the mafia have an increased chance to hit one of their own with the Nightkill.

But even then it's 50/50, they have more chances to kill us if we no lynch but who knows there might be someone who cam level the field.

But even then it's 50/50, they have more chances to kill us if we no lynch but who knows there might be someone who cam level the field.

More like 49/51.

Is that a joke?

I didn't use any maths. I took 1 percent from the chances to hit the town, and gave it to the chances to hit the mafia.

Umm... I'm sorry I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Either way they probably won't hit lov so it's actually 6/14= .42 chance that they will hit themselves in the night. What do percentages matter anyway?

Why would I be joking?... IF you asked me to calculate the actual chances, the world would end before I found the correct answer... Maths has never been a high priority in my life, so I'm pretty bad at it. Just like I am bad at word games.

Percentages don't matter... but there isn't a heck of a lot else to talk about. Everyone else is likely asleep at this time.

Belated mid-day vote count:

The VotedVoter(s)
jokool (I)Final Arcadia
Emolga (I)jokool
jackatlasred (IV)lovandra, returnofmastercrazyhand, Poke Man, Flopunny
Poke Man (IV)CrackFox, Momoka, HumanDawn, AussieEevee
lovandra (I)Pyanda
No Lynch (I)jackatlasred
AussieEevee (I)Midorikawa
No Vote (III)Paperhorse, Flashranite, Emolga

The phase will end in a little less than 22 hours.

Just a reminder that the no editing rule is a thing now, so keep that in your mind, thanks. Carry on.

Last edited:

Oh wow! Thought the day had already ended and I missed the whole thing while I was at work...

I would comment on stuff, but I am exhausted and sore from working all afternoon, so I'll check this out better when I feel better...

Also, I'm noticing a lot of quote errors here. I also screwed up a quote earlier in another thread, but I thought it was because I derped up, but maybe it's a forum issue?

Still time, but this tie is making me antsy, so I'm gonna defy random.org to...

UNVOTE: jokool
VOTE: PokeMan

unvote: jackatlasred

vote: returnofmastercrazyhand

@Life;

Even if our name is redacted, could we nameclaim who we think our character is?

@HumanDawn; Yes, that's fine.

Also, if anyone has a question they'd like answered right away, make sure to PM/mention me so I'll see it ASAP. Thanks, carry on.

Unvote: FinalArcadia
VOTE: AussieEevee

So far, I've seen little to nothing from your posts that have been helpful. If anything, most of what you have said is just confusing and has little to no meaning (like the math earlier...) or doesn't make much sense for any mafia game.

I've also noticed a couple of things from some of your posts:

My guess is that we have multiple cops and doctors in this game.

My point is that watching how people talk is pretty pointless in most mafias... it is nothing more than futile in this one.

*shrug* I have no idea how to figure out who is on my team.
The first line is a good assumption for this game. I do agree with this.

Second line is pure BS. True, with nobody knowing who's who in this game, it means that the Mafia will act differently, but we can't just shrug off what everyone is saying and just say it's "pointless" and "futile". That's not going to get anyone anywhere, no matter what game you're playing.

Finally, for some reason, that last line is the most suspicious to me... Why would you say something like that if you were town? I mean, not knowing who's also town is common in mafia, but mafia are usually teamed up from the start, so saying something like that makes me think that you're a bit lost without your "team".

That was an alignment claim due to this:

Mass claiming allignment?

I confirm to be BW!

Which means anyone voting Lov is either definitely town.. or a mafia that doesn't believe her claim.

While I do find it odd that Lov just said that openly, anyone voting her could be mafia, and not just because they don't believe her. As mentioned before, simply busing another mafioso will just make almost anyone look town.

TBH, I think there's something more to this claim than what it seems. I feel like there's an ability or something also behind Lov's actions, so voting her might be risky right now.

I don't want a tie, so I'll unvote:jackatlasred
I really think poke man might just be playing a bit scummy by accident since he's always voted off early and therefore doesn't know better yet. like me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom