• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - ENDGAME - Baroque Works Win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Night 1: Cloudy & Overcast in Alabasta

Not a bad read, but not sure if it's worthy of a vote. Got anything else to back this up?

His self-vote from Day 1 has him on my radar since then.
Given that he's had a rough time in the past few mafia games, and like ROMCH said, I'd say that was just a joke vote.

I can safely guess that approximately 50% of my voters are my enemy.
I will Vote: jokool since I'm pretty sure he's not my alignment.
Care to elaborate on who you think your enemy is, or is it just an assumption?
Also, if you're pretty sure I'm not apart of your alignment, what reason do I have to not vote you now?

Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Night 1: Cloudy & Overcast in Alabasta

Care to elaborate on who you think your enemy is, or is it just an assumption?
Also, if you're pretty sure I'm not apart of your alignment, what reason do I have to not vote you now?
My enemy is anyone not on my side.
No reason at all, except for the fact that I may be wrong :)

Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Day 2: Over-doped

I don't really know what to think but 50% pretty much means half right? That means you think half of your own team is going against you? Tbh this just gives me more means to stick my vote on you since I could be the 50%

Don't give too much thought in the percentages thrown around.
Aussie's 49/51 and Flop's 72,3 and 50 are just numbers they came up with.
There is no math behind them.

I still think that Flop thinks half of the people are not on her side. 50% doesn't matter but the way if thinking does.

Getting home a little later then expected, so the vote count/update will come a little later (in about an hour-ish, maybe less). Apologies, and thanks for your patience.

I still think that Flop thinks half of the people are not on her side. 50% doesn't matter but the way if thinking does.

It is 7 vs 7 at the moment, so Flop is right then. 50% of players are opposing her.

Wait everyone voted for her? That's not right... someone vited jookol.

It is 7 vs 7 at the moment, so Flop is right then. 50% of players are opposing her.

Wait everyone voted for her? That's not right... someone vited jookol.

Sorry, I didn't realize you meant voting. I've just woken up, so I guess I overlooked something.

I'm going to go sit in my corner and actually wake up... :p

tumblr_msfmd1lly31sxl7y7o1_500.gif

Belated (again) mid-day vote count:

The VotedVoter(s)
jokool (I)Flopunny
returnofmastercrazyhand (I)AussieEevee
Flopunny (V)FinalArcadia, jackatlasred, HumanDawn, lovandra, Momoka
No Vote (VII)jokool, CrackFox, returnofmastercrazyhand, Zexy, Flashranite, Midorikawa, Emolga

The phase will end in a little more than 23 hours.

Starting to think this is random math equations mafia. :p

Anyway, I still see no reason to vote at the moment. There's plenty of votes on Flop already and there's no real leads for anyone else. I'll wait and see if there's anything new by tomorrow.

Starting to think this is random math equations mafia. :p

That might be fun...

Actually, I liked it because I agree with the last sentence. That's just how the game goes.

Don't read too much into my likes.... I click like for the smallest reasons :p

But I have no read on Emolga as it stands.
Who do you have reads on?

I already say that is another reason for the vote. I dont say 100% that my read is right *I only have assurance about 75%*

I actually plan to pressure to Midori rather than py but i just cant post till now due to school field trip..
tumblr_inline_mnbezgbG0m1qz4rgp.png

I’m so excited for the pressure.
Vote: MCH

Was very quick to point out that he didn't vote for Poke Man due to his "gut feeling". Trying to look town.

well, that was unexpected.
this is why I didn't vote for him. I had a gut feeling he would be a straw hat.
Point? If he’s town then of course he wouldn’t want to lynch anyone he thinks is town and of course he would want to look town because he’s town and wants other townies to notice so they can work together to take down mafia.
Unsure about Flop, I wouldn't like to start a wagon on her before she has a chance to "defend" herself.
So my vote will have to wait for a bit more.
Why not vote for someone else then?

Not a bad read, but not sure if it's worthy of a vote. Got anything else to back this up?

His self-vote from Day 1 has him on my radar since then.[/QUOTE]

Because people never self-vote on D1.

Gonna hold off voting just yet. I would like to hear more from Flop though. I think it's very possible there are vanillas in the game so him soft claiming to be one is not worrying to me. Roles aren't everything. Flop is a good contributer and it would be a shame to lose him just because he doesn't have an active role. I'm a bit confused as to why Pyanda was chosen as the target? Maybe the mafia killer last night took lovandra's advice/opinion, whatever it was that they were allied with the town.

If lovandra really is allied with the mafia she helped to kill one of her own team there.
I feel like it was more of AussieEevee’s doing since they were the ones saying that Pyandra was town for voting lovandra which may mean the nightkiller is either A) lovandra and they listened to AussieEevee or B) The nightkiller believes lovandra and listened to AussieEevee. Of course there are more possibilities but this seems more likely. Though this is completely wrong and stuff if Pyandra didn’t vote lovandra, so correct me if I’m remembering that part wrong.
So...
As far as I understand, you're voting me because you all assume I'm vanilla and I made a wrong assumption?
I guess it's probably for the best for me to confirm that I am in fact a vanilla. The way my role was worded made me assume I was vanilla, clearly I was mistaken.
As for being quiet, it's my 2nd week back in school so I'm swamped with homework.
I can safely guess that approximately 50% of my voters are my enemy.
I will Vote: jokool since I'm pretty sure he's not my alignment.
Why do you think that though?

Just looking back over everything, I think we have heard from everyone at least once except @Midorikawa;. Thoughts?
tumblr_inline_mrh91vXDHq1qz4rgp.png

Upupupupu
So wait are you Vanilla or not? If you thought your role was Vanilla how did you assume wrong?

What do you think is jokool's alignment?
Oh DAMN what I meant to say there was that my PM made me assume it was a vanilla game.

I'm being deliberately ambiguous about my alignment, so I won't tell you which alignment I think jokool is either.
@Zexy; I would say I'm about 72.3% sure that jokool is the killer not on my team.
But why don’t you think he’s your alignment?
AussieEevee said:
Was very quick to point out that he didn't vote for Poke Man due to his "gut feeling". Trying to look town.
I don't see how that would try to make him look more town. Since we're all in the same boat as far as not knowing who is on what side, regardless of alignment, it's hard to win points for "looking town" there.

Read what his post says again then. :)

how does Having a reactionary feeling make me scummy?
You were quite quick to point out that you weren't involved in the lynch.
And what does that mean? Half the players are mafia. Or are you trying to imply that you’re town and using him to do so?
Well, that's interesting. Town lynches town, so mafia NKs mafia... that makes us even again.

what makes you so sure that it was the Boroque Works kill that succeeded and not a Straw Hats kill?
Why does your wording make you sound sure that it was a mafia kill and not a vig kill?
Well, that's interesting. Town lynches town, so mafia NKs mafia... that makes us even again.

what makes you so sure that it was the Boroque Works kill that succeeded and not a Straw Hats kill?

I assume you mean a vigilante? I suppose that is entirely possible. But that would mean that the doctor successfully protected the nightkill target.
Again why do you sound like you want us to doubt this?
I think the set up is balanced, as in, both sides have equal amounts of power, overall. So, having a vig makes most sense to me. I am not sure if having 4 protective roles against kills would make things very interesting, so, I was actually thinking more that there must have been a roleblock or something, on one of the 2 killing roles.
Why do you say there are four protective roles?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but roleblocks don't effect the NK, do they? Or am i misunderstanding?
Not unless it’s a special kind of roleblock. Usually the kind that does effects all actions or is like a one time thing.
Not normally, but they might when only one person carries out the kill.
No because technically one person always carries out the kill even when mafia know who each other are. That’s why if mafia hit a bomb only one dies and it’s the one that did the kill.

Now then since Flopunny doesn’t strike my fancy.
SOgCdak.png

VOTE: AussieEevee

Why?
1) We had plentiful conversation or arguments yesterday. Mostly with me being against them. This means even if we’re the same alignment then we’re not the same team.
2) I was silenced today, or well half of today. It was only 24 hours. Now then. I voted lovandra. Pyanda voted lovandra. Pyanda died. I was silenced. They were saying how those who voted lovandra are town. Pyanda died. I was silenced. Silencer can be either
3) Out of everyone, it just so happened to be them who noticed I hadn’t posted. Coincidence, maybe, or maybe it was their way of bringing negative attention to me, trying to make it look like I was hiding or something.

Komaeda_%289%29.png

Just too many strange happenings for my taste. And to me they are an enemy regardless of alignment until proven otherwise because I don’t like being silenced!!!

Who do you have reads on?
MCH is quite scummy. Voted himself day 1. That was excessive. Was quick to point out that he didn't join the Poke Man lynch.

Zexy is on my radar but nothing confirmed. As are you and one or two other people that I don't want to go into just yet.

Lovandra, naturally, because of the day 1 claim... Which leads me to wonder if she did that deliberately... Maybe she's the Bomb?

Vote: MCH

Point? If he’s town then of course he wouldn’t want to lynch anyone he thinks is town and of course he would want to look town because he’s town and wants other townies to notice so they can work together to take down mafia.
And if he's not town, of course he is going to gloat and say he didn't vote for Poke Man. Makes him seem more credible.

AussieEevee said:
His self-vote from Day 1 has him on my radar since then.

Because people never self-vote on D1.
Why would they? That's almost as useless as joke voting. Almost.

Gonna hold off voting just yet. I would like to hear more from Flop though. I think it's very possible there are vanillas in the game so him soft claiming to be one is not worrying to me. Roles aren't everything. Flop is a good contributer and it would be a shame to lose him just because he doesn't have an active role. I'm a bit confused as to why Pyanda was chosen as the target? Maybe the mafia killer last night took lovandra's advice/opinion, whatever it was that they were allied with the town.

If lovandra really is allied with the mafia she helped to kill one of her own team there.
I feel like it was more of AussieEevee’s doing since they were the ones saying that Pyandra was town for voting lovandra which may mean the nightkiller is either A) lovandra and they listened to AussieEevee or B) The nightkiller believes lovandra and listened to AussieEevee. Of course there are more possibilities but this seems more likely. Though this is completely wrong and stuff if Pyandra didn’t vote lovandra, so correct me if I’m remembering that part wrong.
Uh... when did I say Pyandra is town? Quote or it didn't happen.

AussieEevee said:
I don't see how that would try to make him look more town. Since we're all in the same boat as far as not knowing who is on what side, regardless of alignment, it's hard to win points for "looking town" there.

Read what his post says again then. :)

how does Having a reactionary feeling make me scummy?
You were quite quick to point out that you weren't involved in the lynch.
And what does that mean? Half the players are mafia. Or are you trying to imply that you’re town and using him to do so?
... What?

I assume you mean a vigilante? I suppose that is entirely possible. But that would mean that the doctor successfully protected the nightkill target.
Again why do you sound like you want us to doubt this?
I have no idea what you mean. I hope you are not looking at how I said something as proof of scumminess. (Because it's not)

As for what I said... I was theorycrafting with Flashranite. Flash is the one that proposed that it wasn't the NK that killed last night.

SOgCdak.png

VOTE: AussieEevee

Why?
1) We had plentiful conversation or arguments yesterday. Mostly with me being against them. This means even if we’re the same alignment then we’re not the same team.
2) I was silenced today, or well half of today. It was only 24 hours. Now then. I voted lovandra. Pyanda voted lovandra. Pyanda died. I was silenced. They were saying how those who voted lovandra are town. Pyanda died. I was silenced. Silencer can be either
3) Out of everyone, it just so happened to be them who noticed I hadn’t posted. Coincidence, maybe, or maybe it was their way of bringing negative attention to me, trying to make it look like I was hiding or something.

Komaeda_%289%29.png

Just too many strange happenings for my taste. And to me they are an enemy regardless of alignment until proven otherwise because I don’t like being silenced!!!

Okay, that explains why you were silent... but hold on, you blaming ME for that?! :complain:

Have we heard from a cop yet? They seem awfully silent today... Do we even have a cop?

I don't believe the cop (if there it's one) would communicate with anyone but tonight's target.

Since we haven't heard anything about a cop I assume two things.
1) there is no cop
2) the cop is mafia and found mafia.
As for why I think if the cop was town we would of already heard of them. If they are mafia then there is no reason to speak till you find one of their own.

Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Day 1: Land Ho! - Accepting Subs!

Really? Do I have to connect the dots?

1) Lovandra revealed herself as Mafia.
2) I said that mafia wouldn't vote for Lovandra
3) Someone said something I don't remember what that made me reply with that. The mafia have a lot of confirmed town targets to pick off now.

But whatever. Keep looking for hidden meanings behind my words where none exists.

Now, I need some time to catch up on what I missed while sleeping.

There you go!

Also cop wouldn't come out publicly since that would mean nightkill and give mafia upperhand.

Also you have the most reason to silent me since I have had back and forths basically with just you as no one has struck me as so opposite of myself and hindering in general as you. And I did go after you last phase, and silencing prevents voting so it wouldn't be surprising if you didn't want me speaking.

Oh and joke votes and self votes are massively useful if used right on D1.

I still think there's likely two Cops, one for each alignment. It makes sense set up wise.

I'm confused, how did AussieEevee silence you, @Midorikawa;?

Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Day 1: Land Ho! - Accepting Subs!

Really? Do I have to connect the dots?

1) Lovandra revealed herself as Mafia.
2) I said that mafia wouldn't vote for Lovandra
3) Someone said something I don't remember what that made me reply with that. The mafia have a lot of confirmed town targets to pick off now.

But whatever. Keep looking for hidden meanings behind my words where none exists.

Now, I need some time to catch up on what I missed while sleeping.

There you go!
You will notice that I retracted that opinion a few pages later... And I didn't mention anyone other than Lovandra by name.

Also cop wouldn't come out publicly since that would mean nightkill and give mafia upperhand.
Not if the cop and doctor work together.

Also you have the most reason to silent me since I have had back and forths basically with just you as no one has struck me as so opposite of myself and hindering in general as you. And I did go after you last phase, and silencing prevents voting so it wouldn't be surprising if you didn't want me speaking.
You kept picking on me, yes.. but I don't have the ability to silence you.

Oh and joke votes and self votes are massively useful if used right on D1.

Uh...?

I still think there's likely two Cops, one for each alignment. It makes sense set up wise.

I'm confused, how did AussieEevee silence you, @Midorikawa;?

It's my theory. I feel like out of everyone they would be the ones that would want to silence me the most. The silencer in this game, or at least the one that targeted me can only silence for 24 hours. Though I had to wait longer to speak due to the late update from Life ;_;

Of course I'm not 100% sure it was AussieEevee.

Outside of them I would place lovandra as next most likely due to me voting them, and they could assume that I'm not the same alignment. However their posts don't give me that impression.

Still overall: Pyanda and I voted lovandra D1. One of us died, the other was silenced. It's too strange. To add on lovandra has claimed to be BW, meanwhile AussieEevee kept saying how it makes us town for voting lovandra and didn't truly retract until pressured a lot about it. And of course if it takes being pressured multiple times then it's highly possible the person is just saying what they think others want to hear, or trying to get the pressure off of themselves.

@AussieEevee; And what if there is a strongman? I doubt mafia need to communicate to know to use it to take out the cop.

Picking on you? Pressuring is the right term because your answers have not been satisfying.

Also just because you claim not to be something doesn't mean you aren't. Someone could guess me as a doctor and I could say I'm not and still could be. Denial is a way of protection in mafia.

Used the right way any vote can lead to information, serious or joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom