• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Bones

It's alive!
Reaction score
One_PieceLogo1_zpse27de78f.png

Hey, guys! Bones, here. It's good to be back!

If you can't tell, I've been fairly obsessed with the manga/anime One Piece, and I don't use the word "obsessed" lightly.

If you don't know what One Piece is, One Piece is a manga/anime series that follows a group of misfit pirates with all kinds of bizarre and cool skills and powers as they take to the seas to conquer the ocean and achieve their dreams, facing even more powerful enemies and obstacles along the way.

If you do know what it is, great!

I've fallen in love with the possibilities and openness of the One Piece world, and I've been dying to try out a One Piece RPG. So, here we go!

(To put this into perspective for One Piece fans, this will take place shortly after the Battle of Marineford.)

Who would've ever thought this sea would be so dangerous? So trying? So willing to break a person's spirit?

But... then again... who ever became a pirate because it was easy? We've become pirates for adventure! Romance! Treasure and triumph! We chose to escape the triviality of responsibility and mortality for the adventures of the open sea! This might be bigger than all of us, but each of us has our part to play in this grand orchestra.

You're a pirate, sailing on the Grand Line toward your dreams. The sea is a deadly, dangerous place, but you've made it this far already. Do you have what it takes to make it to the New World and beyond? Only you can tell your story.

Here's a little bit of background knowledge to get us started.

• Devil Fruits are mysterious fruits that grant the user any number of powers from a possibly infinite spectrum, but also cause them to be cursed by the sea, and as such they can no longer swim, and whatever powers they attained from the fruit are rendered useless by sea stone. They are divided into 3 types:
    - Paramecia: The most common Devil Fruit, these offer their users strange and almost random powers. Any power that doesn't fit into any other type is most likely Paramecia.
    - Zoan: Zoan Devil Fruits allow their users to transform into another kind of animal or beast. While these aren't particularly rare, Mythical Zoan, which allow their users to transform into mythical creatures, are the most rare of all Devil Fruits.
    - Logia: The most rare type of Devil Fruits, these allow their users to become and manipulate an element or force of nature.
  • The World Government, a mysterious, all powerful organization, rules the world, including the Navy (also known as the Marines), the dominant military force on the planet. They've been known to recognize and work with pirates for their own benefit, but are most dedicated to bringing an end to the so called "Great Age of Pirates."
  • The Marines are arranged into a very rigid hierarchy. At the top is the Fleet Admiral, and below him are the three Admirals. These men command a great deal of power in the world. The Marines have also created an alliance with pirates, who are known as the Shichibukai, or Seven Warlords of the Sea, to help maintain their control of the waters. These are incredibly powerful pirates who instill fear into anyone they come across.

That's it! More plot details will follow once I see how many people have signed up. Onto the rules!

Roleplay Rules:

1. You do not have to have read/watched One Piece to join. As long as you read what's written here, you'll know all you'll need to!
  2. No godmodding or bunnying
  3. Devil Fruits are not required at sign-up. If you'd rather wait and obtain your Devil Fruit in the actual roleplay (or not at all), you're welcome to do that.
  4. Your character can only have the powers from one Devil Fruit, so choose wisely. There will be no swapping or changing once you've chosen/eaten a Devil Fruit. However, if you're particularly savvy and choose a particularly powerful Devil Fruit that somehow gives the user the ability to take in more than one Devil Fruit (such as Blackbeard in the series), I may allow extensions of your powers in the future. But it's not an excuse to godmod, and it won't be something I'll consider until we're well into the roleplay.
  5. Romance and Violence are acceptable and (if done properly) encouraged, up to a "teen" level.
  6. Any sort of language that doesn't already violate Bulbagarden's rules is permitted, as long as its tasteful and not overly-persistent.
  7. At the moment, you can only create a Marine class character if you've already got a pirate player in the roleplay. This might change in the future, but because pirates are the main characters of this roleplay, I'd like to make sure there are plenty of pirates to work with.
  8. Backstabbing, trickery, and overall rivalries will not be punished. We're pirates. As long as it doesn't get personal and bleed out from the RPG, feel free to act like pirates.
  9. The character limit is three (possibly negotiable in the future). In fact, I encourage you to make several characters. Just make sure you can handle them all.
  10. You're more than welcome to ask me any questions about the One Piece universe and the characters in it. I won't claim to be an expert, but I'm here to make this as fun as possible. If you'd like to do your own research, the One Piece fan wiki is a great resource (but, beware, spoilers abound).
  11. While within the RPG it's still a rule that there is only one of each Devil Fruit, I don't have a problem with you using one that was already featured in the show. I do, however, encourage you to be creative, especially when it comes to Devil Fruits.
  12. You cannot, however, roleplay a character from the show. Make your own!
  13. Have fun!

That's it! Get to creating your character!

Pirate Sign-Up

Name: What's your name?
Epithet: Sort of like a title. Something that describes you, such as "Straw Hat" Luffy or Sengoku "the Buddha".
Sex: Are you male or female?
Crew: What crew do you belong to?
Position: Are you a cook, or a captain? Perhaps a musician, a navigator, or maybe just the guy who cleans up after everyone else? (If you're on the same crew as another player, make sure that position is still open)
Devil Fruit:
- Name: What's the name of the Devil Fruit you've eaten? (Note: The typical convention for naming a Devil Fruit is a 1-2 syllable word written twice, and then "fruit." For example, "Gum Gum Fruit" or "Glimmer Glimmer Fruit."
- Type: What type is it? (See Devil Fruit section above if you're unsure)
- Effect: What sort of powers or abilities does the fruit grant you?
Dream: Why have you taken to the seas? Do you want to be king of the pirates? Avenge the deaths of your parents?
Bounty: What's the price on your head? (Low bounties don't necessarily mean you're weak, and high bounties don't mean you're super powerful. Just keep it reasonable. 0-100,000,000 is acceptable.)
Appearance: What do you look like? (You're welcome to put a picture here for reference - preferably in anime/manga style, as this is based on an anime/manga - but not required. If you choose to use a picture, please fill out the rest anyway)
- Hair: Style, length, and color.
- Eyes: Color and anything else you might think of.
- Body type: Build, skin color, etc. Include height and weight! (although they don't have to be exact)
- Clothes: What do you wear?
- Other:
Personality: What are you like?
History: What drove you out to the seas? Where did you come from? (if you don't know of any towns/places in the show, please feel free to make one up.)

Marine Sign-Up (See Rule #7)

Name: What's your name?
Epithet: Sort of like a title. Something that describes you, such as "Straw Hat" Luffy or Sengoku "the Buddha".
Sex: Are you male or female?
Rank: What's your rank? Anything below an Admiral is acceptable. (See: Marine Ranks) Your rank may change as the roleplay progresses.
Devil Fruit:
- Name: What's the name of the Devil Fruit you've eaten? (Note: The typical convention for naming a Devil Fruit is a 1-2 syllable word written twice, and then "fruit." For example, "Gum Gum Fruit" or "Glimmer Glimmer Fruit."
- Type: What type is it? (See Devil Fruit section above if you're unsure)
- Effect: What sort of powers or abilities does the fruit grant you?
Dream: Why have you taken to the seas? Do you want to be king of the pirates? Avenge the deaths of your parents?
Appearance: What do you look like? (You're welcome to put a picture here for reference - preferably in anime/manga style, as this is based on an anime/manga - but not required. If you choose to use a picture, please fill out the rest anyway)
- Hair: Style, length, and color.
- Eyes: Color and anything else you might think of.
- Body type: Build, skin color, etc. Include height and weight! (although they don't have to be exact)
- Clothes: What do you wear?
- Other:
Personality: What are you like?
History: What drove you out to the seas? Where did you come from? (if you don't know of any towns/places in the show, please feel free to make one up.)

Last edited:
Re: One Piece: Duel on the Seas (TEEN)

Name: Gaëlle
Epithet: La Venimeux
Sex: Female
Crew: The Badass Pirates
Devil Fruit: Zoan
- Name: Snake Snake Fruit
- Type: Zoan
- Effect: Allows Gaëlle to to transform into an inland taipan.
Dream: Pirate Captain
Bounty: €751
Appearance:
- Hair: Somewhat short, dark dark brown, longer in the back
- Eyes: Cerulean blue, with a golden rim around the pupil.
- Body type: Tall and agile build, lean, muscular arms, tan skin from being in sun so long. 61 in. 98 lbs.
- Clothes: Brown slacks, white shirt, purple vest, red bandana covering her forehead.
- Other: A very fast runner. She fights well with a rapier, and strikes quickly.
Personality: Gaëlle has a fairly short, and hot temper. She is rash, hotheaded, and often jumps to conclusions.
History: Gaëlle as a young girl was raised by her father, in a lighthouse off the coast of France. Growing up in la Rascasse de Volante {made up}, this feisty kid was later abandoned at age 11. Gaëlle set sail for the ocean in a small rowing boat, while minutes later a storm began to brew. The wooden boat was ripped apart, leaving young Gaëlle bobbing up and down in the rough current. She was saved by a pirate who offered her a place in the crew, therefore securing her training on board. She still spends hours perfecting her rapier technique today.

Last edited:

Name: David Rackham
Epithet: The Iron Fist
Sex: Male
Position: TBA
Devil Fruit:
Name: Scorpion-Scorpion Fruit
Type: Zoan
Effect: The Scorpion-Scorpion fruit lets the user take on attributes of a scorpion. So far, Rackham has unlocked two forms.
-Pinch Point: Dave sprouts six extra arms, and all eight of them are encased in a shiny black carapace, as strong as steel. This makes his punches hit like hammers, and his arms also become a lot stronger. Further, when he grabs things in this form, he can keep hold on them forever, no matter what.
-Tail Point: A long tail emerges from Dave's back. Dave can control the length somewhat when he changes, but at max, it's eight feet long. He typically keeps it wrapped around his body. He has a great amount of control over it, and can use it to swing from rafters. However, it's main strength is the virulent poison in the stinger. Anyone stabbed with it will become extremely nauseous, experiencing crippling headaches. It usually won't kill, but it's extremely unpleasant.
Dream: To be king of the pirates
Bounty: 0
Appearance:
- Hair: Black, a few inches below the ears, shaggy.
- Eyes: Purple
- Body type: Lithe, but with some muscle
- Clothes: Usually durable clothes. He always wears a leather jacket with a skull on the back draped across his shoulders.
- Other: He has a huge burn scar on his back, covering some sort of tattoo.
Personality: David loves fighting. As in, he'll pick a fight with most anything. He's not particularly hateful, and he's not a bully (He won't fight people weaker than him). He just really likes it. It's a hobby of his. He does have a strong sense of justice, and won't stand by when something bad is happening, even if it will get him killed. That said, in such a situation, he will likely stop a moment to think things through. Just because he's good does not mean that he can't carefully plan things, after all.
History: Unknown. He's not gonna tell.

Gotta say, I love these characters. You're both accepted. However, I'd just like to offer a couple of notes for later on in the RP

ThatCrazyArtist
: Great idea for a Devil Fruit. One of my favorite characters from the show (the one in my signature) has a similar Devil Fruit. Yours in particular would be called the Snake Snake Fruit, Model: Inland Taipan. Snake Snake Fruit should be fine, though.

Heroic Psychopath
: Just be sure to come up with a position before we start the RP. As far as the history goes, I don't have a problem with it being secretive, as long as it helps develop your character and it's not a cop out XP

Also (and this goes for any future sign-ups), can you guys delete the stuff I've written as a prompt on the sign up? Just makes it easier to read ^^

But, great characters, guys ;)

Re: One Piece: Duel on the Seas (TEEN): OPEN

Hmm...thinking of joining, mind reserving me a spot?

I hope I get in ^_^

Name: Leah (named after my girlfriend ^_^)
Epithet: The pretty one (people look at me and say aren't you a pretty one)
Sex: female
Crew: Where ever I'm needed (I'll take whoever needs a women, can I even do that?)
Position: Cook
Dream: To be the hottest cook for a famous group if pirate and to pickup sword fighting.
Bounty: 50,000 she's been stealing things from people she's worked for, for years.
Appearance:
- Hair: Natural, straight, pink.
- Eyes: a dark blue that lights up to an aqua when she's attracted to someone or when she's excited
- Body type: Skinny but not dangerously so, white, etc. 6 foot 10 and 100 pounds
- Clothes: a short red mini skirt with a pink tight fitting T-Shirt
-she owns at cat named Samantha (yes I got the name from COD zombies)
Personality: Shy to people when she first meets them but when she warms up to you she's a fun loving over the top women who loves animals and is afraid of bees and spiders, she is easily excited.
History: Do to the fact she was kicked out of her town of river wood (yes I took the name from skyrim) and she was forced to leave and figured I loved the sea why not get in as a cook for some pirates.

I hope I get in ^_^

Name: Leah (named after my girlfriend ^_^)
Epithet: The pretty one (people look at me and say aren't you a pretty one)
Sex: female
Crew: Where ever I'm needed (I'll take whoever needs a women, can I even do that?)
Position: Cook
Dream: To be the hottest cook for a famous group if pirate and to pickup sword fighting.
Bounty: 50,000 she's been stealing things from people she's worked for, for years.
Appearance:
- Hair: Natural, straight, pink.
- Eyes: a dark blue that lights up to an aqua when she's attracted to someone or when she's excited
- Body type: Skinny but not dangerously so, white, etc. 6 foot 10 and 100 pounds
- Clothes: a short red mini skirt with a pink tight fitting T-Shirt
-she owns at cat named Samantha (yes I got the name from COD zombies)
Personality: Shy to people when she first meets them but when she warms up to you she's a fun loving over the top women who loves animals and is afraid of bees and spiders, she is easily excited.
History: Do to the fact she was kicked out of her town of river wood (yes I took the name from skyrim) and she was forced to leave and figured I loved the sea why not get in as a cook for some pirates.

Come join my crew, dudette.

MechromancerFTWL: accepted. Just be sure to watch your spelling and grammar during the RP. Make sure to put effort into your posts and not rush through them! ^^

Alright, guys. So, it looks like we've got enough people to give this thing a shot, so I'll probably get the startup going on Friday. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Sign-ups will be open indefinitely, so if you want to invite others, or make a new character, feel free ;D

MechromancerFTWL: accepted. Just be sure to watch your spelling and grammar during the RP. Make sure to put effort into your posts and not rush through them! ^^
Alright, guys. So, it looks like we've got enough people to give ths thing a shot, so I'll probably get the startup going on Friday. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Sign-ups will be open indefinitely, so if you want to invite others, or make a new character, feel free ;D
Sorry I almost failed English class multiple times I'll try my best.

This RP looks like it needs an antagonist if the slot is available?

Name: Jirega
Epithet: The Tsunami AKA The Wave
Devil Fruit:
- Name: Water Water Fruit
- Type: Logia
- Effect: Jirega can change his body into a clear form of water while also creating and manipulating it. However he is known to still to be weak to the common "seawater" like all Devil Fruit users. While his power isn't fully developed, Jirega can only move a mass of water about the same size as a ship with effort. In an emergency state, he can conjure up giant waves of the ocean but it will drain most of his energy and be left helpless afterwards. Some other feats of his include sending slicing whips of water, tendrils, shooting water bullets and making water shields. He can walk on water as long as it not from the sea.
Dream: Jirega was determined to stop his brother from falling into a misguided path in his life. His only opportunity was to join the Marines to gain the power to face his brother's crew and the other pirates that would thwart him.
- Hair: Black, shaggy and covering most of his face, save for his left eye.
- Eyes: Blue eyes, his left eye is only visible most of the time if not for strong winds blowing in his face.
- Body type: Jirega stands at five feet ten inches. His body is built and bulky, especially around the chest and arms area.
- Clothes: Jirega wears the standard white Marine coat with his rank-specific red and blue shoulder pads. He actually has his arms inside the sleeves with the coat closed up in contrast to every other Marine. The only other visible clothes is the little of white pants you see with his shined white shoes.
- Other: Jirega carries a katana at his waist but does not use it too often.
Personality: Jirega tries to stay calm, cool and collected. While it can tie to the open sea that he enjoys so much, it can also change just like it. He likes to remain quiet most of the time if not giving or receiving orders but he does get quite talkative when it comes to the subject of his brother. Being with the Marines has made him a strong believer of justice, not standing for any wrongdoing and always fighting pirates when he can to stop their crimes against humanity or so he thinks.
History: Jirega was raised in a somewhat normal lifestyle with his only brother under a family line of Marines. While growing up, the idea was for both of them to follow the line and become Marines to uphold justice. However his brother did not agree, always making remarks about how being a pirate was a better life. As they grew older, they grew more distant, and more violent. After fighting countless times for him to stay, Jirega lost the battle as they were teenagers and also lost his brother, who had left to become a pirate captain. Soon after, Jirega had decided to continue his goal to become a Marine and now bring his brother back by force.

Name: Shirega
Epithet: The Cyclone AKA The Tornado
Crew: The Cyclone Pirates
Position: Captain
Devil Fruit:
- Name: Wind Wind Fruit
- Type: Logia
- Effect: Shirega masters the element of wind with this devil fruit, morphing some of his body into the air itself and granting himself the power to fly. He can send forth slicing gusts of wind, along with air bullets. He can also bend projectile trajectory with his wind or even make a wall powerful enough to blow back lighter attacks. His most notable feat is to create a mini vacuum over the water to send small boats hurling into the air but he has yet to fully develop his power. He also uses his sword as a medium for his attacks.
Dream: Shirega hopes to the Pirate King and to topple the World Government.
Bounty: 75,000,000
- Hair: Shirega has black spiked back hair, some of it poking out of his bandanna. He also has a lined up goatee on his face.
- Eyes: Shirega's left eye is clouded blind, although his right eye is a very light hazel color.
- Body type: Shirega is tall at six feet but he is also thin, weighing only just under 180 pounds.
- Clothes: Shirega is known for his Marine-style coat, hanging loosely off his shoulders, white in color with the kanji on the back reading "Free". He wears a blank tanktop underneath that with his katana on his belt. With white loose pants, he has black heavy boots as well with black fingerless gloves. A tight bandanna sits on his head.
- Other: His katana is hidden at his waist in his coat in a black sheath.
Personality: Shirega is quick-tempered, his attitude ever-changing. Due to his early years and somewhat feeling of betrayal, he only trusts his crew and his close allies, steering away from the unknown. Along with untrusting, Shirega is easily agitated by the sighting or mention of Marines and can fly into a rage if something wrong concerns them. He can be level-headed with his crew and friends though, commonly being sarcastic and bullying others playfully. He also cannot help but look down on his enemies, sometimes playing with them.
History: While growing up with Jirega, Shirega fell onto the realization that the Marines were not the upholders of justice they made themselves out to be. Seeing the signs and being more concerned then his oblivious brother, he grew more curious the older he got. As he became a teenager, he grew tired of their ways, even witnessing Marines letting slavery go by unnoticed. The alliance with Shichibukai also rubbed him the wrong way and finally after Roger's famous execution, he decided to become a pirate. He defeated his brother with his outburst of anger and left, making his own crew at a young age and starting off with only a handful. Now after Whitebeard's death, Shirega now sees himself as one of the captains with his crew to be fit to fight for the title of Pirate King.

Cloud Strife718: While I was going to insist that I play the villain this time, looks like you beat me to the punch and your characters seem more than capable of filling the role. It'll be fun to watch someone play a villain for once ;) You're accepted. I was, however, originally planning on making Logia off-limits for the time being, but you seem like a responsible RP'er, so as long as you don't godmod and you keep your power reasonable, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just be careful with the water power. I was hesitant about that one, but, as long as it falls in line with the standard sea-stone limiting aspects, it should be alright.

Now, that being said, defeat will be a big part of this RP. Just like in the show, defeat will not only be an aspect of your journey, but an important one. I have yet to determine just how I'll decide who wins what battles, but please don't be afraid to lose a fight every now and then. The real battles that matter will come in the end.

The next order of business is to crown a GM to run the show in my absence. As promised (because he did a great job of recruiting people for this RP), I'm offering the position to Heroic Sociopath. Should you choose to accept it, the job's yours. Of course, I won't force you to take it on, so let me know and we'll get this thing going ;D

Now, I suppose I should slap together a crew, shouldn't I?

Odds Elfrith
Name: Odds Elfrith
Epithet: "Impossible" Odds
Crew: Roulette Pirates
Position: Captain
Devil Fruit:
- Name: Chance-Chance Fruit
- Type: Paramecia
- Effect: Odds gains the ability to foresee and potentially alter instances of chance. The simpler the system, the better he can predict it and the more likely he can influence the outcome. The more complex, the less likely.
Dream: To find the One Piece.
Bounty: 50,000,000
Appearance:
- Hair: Medium-length, shaggy, black hair.
- Eyes: Dark brown.
- Body type: Odds is very tall, standing at over 7', and is very slender.
- Clothes: Much like rest of his crew, his wardrobe is almost exclusively black and red, matching with their pirate flag, based upon a roulette wheel. He wears a black overcoat over a black and red checkered shirt, red pants, and always keeps a silk, green handkerchief in his left pocket.
- Other: N/A
Personality: Odds speaks in a very monotone voice and carries himself with little to no emotion. This is likely due to a lifetime of changing identity and as such he's reverted to a completely bland, ambiguous being. He is, whoever, very smart, and, while not being a skilled fighter on his own, has spent enough time developing his abilities to make him a very formidable opponent in combat. He often makes decisions based on the flip of a coin, but as he can influence the coin toss itself, this is more than likely an act.
History: Odds came across the Chance-Chance Devil Fruit some years ago and immediately used it to game the casinos into giving him millions of dollars in illicit winnings. His immediate and unheard of success in the casinos wasn't dismissed by the casino owners for long, and shortly thereafter several gambling kingpins put high prices on his head. It was for this reason Odds spent the majority of his life traveling from place to place, disguising himself and changing his identity frequently to continue his ruse safely. Along the way, he met several men and women who would join his travels, some for protection, others for their equally useful abilities, and it wasn't long ago that, armed with millions upon millions of dollars each, he and his comrades formed the Roulette Pirates and took to the seas in one of the largest, most powerful ships money could buy, with one goal in mind: to bend the rules of fate to their favor and find and take the One Piece.

I'll have more characters as time goes on, but there's my main for now.

That's it! The start-up will be up shortly! ;)

EDIT: The start-up is live! Let the journey begin! ;D

Last edited:
Hope I made it in time. This will be the first of three I had planned.

Name: Kisame Hoshigaki
Epithet: Kisame "The Rogue Shaver"
Crew: Formerly Sunny Pirates, now just a Bounty Hunter.
Position: Former Cabin boy for Sunny Pirates when younger.

Devil Fruit: Has a sword which 'ate' a Devil Fruit.
- Name: Drain-Drain Fruit
- Effect: Samehada, Kisame's sword, has the ability to drain another person's energy. If someone were to touch Samehada, they will slowly feel tired, and may eventually die from exhaustion. Kisame's energy is also being constantly drained, but due to having held Samehada for years and being a fishman, he has extremely high stamina. The more energy Samehada feeds off of, the bigger it will get. Samehada is semi sentient, and if anyone other than Kisame attempts to wield it than Samehada will have spikes emerge from the handle. If Samehada has enough energy and Kisame is injured, it can 'feed' energy to Kisame, speeding up his recovery process.
Dream: To fight the strongest fighters in the world, and to find a place where he belongs.
Bounty: 85,000,000 beri

Appearance:
- Hair: Medium length blue hair, pointing straight up.
- Eyes: Beady black eyes.
- Body type: Very athletic body type, fairly large muscles and light blue skin. Also has gills on the side of his neck. Height is 6.3 feet, weight is 184 pounds.
- Clothes: Often goes shirtless with only long gray pants. If he does wear a shirt, it's a grey hoodie.
- Other: His sword, Samehada, is strapped to his back with a black strap.
Personality: Kisame is an extremely bloodthirsty individual, and seems to take some kind of pleasure in mutilating his victims. Despite his apparent status as a bloodthirsty berserker, he does know when to call it quits and can actually design some strategies in the midst of battle. Outside of battle, he can actually be a fairly nice guy, if a tad rough. He also has a strange sense of honor, refusing to fight kids and those who can't give him a real fight.

History: Kisame was born on fishman island, and dreamed of sailing across the ocean. Setting off on a raft, he would've died had Fisher Tiger not have saved him. Kisame became a cabin boy for the Sunny Pirates, and loved the crew as family. He would eventually leave, however, when several crew members started spreading their anti-human views, and returned to Fishman Island, securing a job as a guard for the royal family.

Kisame would guard the family for several years, constantly being taught by a senior guard that loyalty was the number one thing he must possess. Kisame would later discover that the guard was in fact giving fellow fishmen to slave auctioners for money, and killed him. Kisame was filled with guilt at what he had done, but this event would convince him that there is no such thing as Trust or Loyalty, and proceeded to go on a rampage of Fishman Island, eventually escaping.

Kisame would sail into the East Blue for a year before meeting a captain of the Marines. Kisame offered his services as a killer in exchange for a better ship and some funds, and was given the job of massacring a small time pirate crew. When Kisame encountered them, they offered him all their money in exchange for letting them live. Kisame said that the bounty on their heads was higher than the amount they could pay, and killed them. Kisame returned to the Marine captain with the body of the pirate captain. The Marine captain did not wish to pay Kisame, and attempted to have him killed. Kisame easily slaughtered the marine grunts and slayed the captain, angered that again he had been lied too. Kisame then decided to become a bounty hunter and killer for hire, giving his service to the highest bidder, and killing anyone who got in the way.

Last edited:
Name: Itachi Uchiha
Epithet: Itachi "of the Infinite Illusion"
Devil Fruit:
- Name: Mirage-Mirage Fruit
- Effect: The ability to cast extremely powerful illusions. Itachi mainly uses this to mess with the opponents senses during a fight, either making their aim off by a few inches or thinking Itachi attacked twice when he only attacked once. While the illusions cast by the Mirage-Mirage fruit are powerful, they can be dispelled if the opponent truly believes they aren't real. While the illusions are incapable of causing physical damage, it can still convince the brain that damage had been done; if Itachi were to cast an illusion that made you believe you broke your ankle, for example, you would move and feel pain as if your ankle was broken, until the illusion ends.

If the opponent manages to injure themself when an illusion is cast, they can dispel the illusion from them. People with Haki can use the Haki, no matter which form, to break through the illusions as well. The Illusions can not work on those with very limited intelligence; the illusions require the opponent to have some form of thought to take effect. The effects of the Mirage fruit are mainly cast via the user's eyes, therefore by destroying the user's eyes one can stop the effects of the fruit. There are a few extremely powerful illusions that can be cast, however at a cost, mostly revolving around his eyes in some fashion.

Dream: Find the true meaning of 'Justice'. Make up for the sins he believes the World Government has committed.
Appearance: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...9-MA1CnkxhF2A3q43-YeZ2zw&ust=1388898452511233
- Hair: longish black hair, hair is tied in a ponytail.
- Eyes: Black normally, however they turn red when he using the fruits abilities.
- Body type: He has a slightly slim build, with paleish skin. Height is 6.2 feet, Weight is 140 pounds.
- Clothes: He often wears dark pants and a white shirt, with his Marine jacket over it.
- Other: He has a Katana at his side in a sheathe.

Personality: Itachi is often calm and stoic, speaking in a slightly bored tone of voice. He dislikes fighting, and absolutely despises killing. He focused on finding what 'Absolute Justice' really is, and often does choices that he would normally never do just to see if they might work. He is also very respectful to everyone, even the pirates he fights. Despite appearing to be completely calm all the time, it is just a mask he puts up to hide his own self-loathing. He knows when to stop a fight, and rarely does he underestimate his opponents; in fact, one could say he overestimates them.

History: Itachi was born on a small town in the East Blue. His family was murdered by mountain bandits when he was ten years old, leading to Itachi demanding revenge on them. Itachi would join the Marine academy until he passed merely a year later, when he would return to his home. Having eaten the Mirage-Mirage fruit, he proceeded to traumatise the bandits before slaying them. Itachi would return to Marineford, quickly rising through the ranks, before becoming a Captain. While he was offered a promotion after that, he decided to remain as Captain until he found what he was really fighting for. A talk with some fellow Captains would convince Itachi of fighting for 'Justice', but Itachi soon became sick of the things they did for Justice.

During his years as a Captain, he faced several members of Whitebeards crew, including 'Fire-fist' Ace. The fights were extremely difficult, and he always retreated before Whitebeard himself came. During the Battle of Marineford, Itachi attempted to stop the battle by himself by sacrificing his eyes for one massive Illusion; however, he was stopped by Admiral Akainu. He was nearly called for treason, but his record was good enough that he was only demoted back to Ensign.

Last edited:

The next order of business is to crown a GM to run the show in my absence. As promised (because he did a great job of recruiting people for this RP), I'm offering the position to Heroic Sociopath. Should you choose to accept it, the job's yours. Of course, I won't force you to take it on, so let me know and we'll get this thing going ;D

Ah, I'm very sorry. I'm very flattered you'd offer me the job, but I'd prefer not to. That said, @Godzillawolf might be willing. Or perhaps @ThatCrazyArtist.

Ah, I'm very sorry. I'm very flattered you'd offer me the job, but I'd prefer not to. That said, @Godzillawolf might be willing. Or perhaps @ThatCrazyArtist.

No worries ^^ . I figured I'd just offer it to you since I mentioned in our VM. However, for the time being, I'd prefer to leave it on an application basis, so if anyone is interested, just let me know!

EDIT: I just realized I missed a couple of sign-ups.

Madara Uchiha: accepted. Awesome characters ;D I look forward to seeing them in action and seeing your third one.

Last edited:
It was hard to decide who my last character would be. But, I decided to do someone who outright opposes the World Government.

Name: Deidara Jinbaku
Epithet: Deidara "The Artist"
Crew: None, really. He's kinda a terrorist for hire.
Position: Is a pretty good Navigator if he was in a crew.

Devil Fruit:
- Name: Clay-Clay Fruit
- Effect:The ability to craft Clay into living creatures i.e. Birds, snakes, bugs. Deidara uses this ability in tandem with specially made Explosive clay. As long as Deidara touches the clay and has a clear image of what he wants, the clay will respond, though it can also respond from up to at most two feet away.

What would normally be a rather weak Devil fruit has, however, been greatly enhanced by Deidara. By using his special Exploding Clay, he can craft exploding creatures.

Dream: Deidara wants to take down the World Government itself, spreading his 'Artful Explosions' along the way! On a lesser scale, Murder Crocodile and avenge Vivi.
Bounty: 90,000,000 due to intense terrorism.
Appearance: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/111/2/7/deidara_edo_tensei_by_deidara465-d4ue8ww.png

- Hair: Long blonde hair, split in two ponytails. One is over his left eye.
- Eyes: slanted blue eyes. His left eye has a scope over it, which can be used as a telescope and aiming device.
- Body type: White skin, has a feminine build. Height is 5.4 feet, Weight is 111 pounds.
- Clothes: Wears black pants, and a black midriff over a mesh shirt. He is often seen with bags full of clay on his waist.
- Other:

Personality: Deidara will often play with his opponents to have more chances to show off his 'Art.' He randomly switches from personality to personality; he can be calm and collected one second, before yelling at his opponent. If someone even slightly talks bad about his Art, Deidara will go on a rampage. He is insane.

History: Deidara was born and raised in Alabasta as the son of a royal guard. Deidara would often play with a young Vivi, and the two considered each other siblings. Vivi found the Clay-Clay fruit, but Deidara managed to stop her from eating it, unfortunately eating it himself. Deidara would entertain Vivi by making his clay into fireworks; Vivi would always compliment them, but Deidara didn't like the clay fruit because it would make his art 'cheap'. Vivi convinced Deidara that his explosions could be a form of art too.

Things took a turn for a worse, however, when Crocodile came. When Vivi fled for her safety, Deidara believed that the Royal Family gave her up to appease Crocodile. Deidara, believing Vivi to be dead, caused a mass bombing and fled Alabasta, leaving only a cannon and a massive bomb. Deidara would eventually join Dragon and the Revolutionaries, bombing several Marine bases and showing off his Art to the world, like he promised Vivi he would. He was eventually captured by Admiral Akainu, after a long fight. Deidara was forced into Impel Down for his crimes, and would've been executed quickly had Ace not have been captured before him.

When Luffy launched the escape from Impel Down, Deidara flew out on a clay owl launching explosives towards the guards reinforcements, actually giving Luffy time to get to Marineford. When Blackbeard attempted to recruit Deidara, Deidara launched some bombs at him before yelling that he'd show his Art to the world.

Last edited:
Last profile to fit with the others.

Name: Aldebaran AKA Al
Epithet: The Moving Star
Position: Sniper
Devil Fruit:
- Name: Move-Move Fruit
- Effect: This fruit is the distant cousin of the Mark Mark fruit. Anything the user throws can have their direction easily changed through a sense of telepathy from the user. In Al's case, he uses this fruit in conjunction with his guns, changing bullet trajectory as he sees fit. He is also known to move to cannons on the ship to perform this feat. The weakness of the fruit is that he cannot change the velocity of his bullets or cannonballs, such as making them faster. He also cannot keep control of something after it can no longer travel. Last but not least, his power requires concentration so if it is broken, the bullet will continue traveling in its last commanded direction. At his current level, he can only move two small bullets from his guns or one cannonball from the ship.
Dream: Al seeks to travel every corner of the Grand Line and the New World initially. But holds a deep dream to see the government fall.
Bounty: 60,000
Appearance:
- Hair: Al has a dark brown style of hair with blonde highlights, neatly cut with sharply styled sideburns. He commonly always keeps it combed back, nicely.
- Eyes: Al has light hazel eyes, almost matching the color of his vest.
- Body type: Aldebaran is an average man, just under six feet with a kept-in-shape body of 180 lbs.
- Clothes: The sniper is known to have a nice white dress shirt on at all times, ironed and tucked into his pants with a high-collar. His pants are tight black leather trousers equipped with leather shin pads and steel boots. He wears two crossed gold-buckled belts with two pouches attached at his waist. Last but not least, when in combat or traveling off ship, Al wears an embroidered golden vest over his dress shirt filled with holsters for his guns.
- Other: Al's vest has six holsters for his numerous pistols on the front of his vest. Two more holsters line his belts on the back and he keeps a spare small pistol hidden on the inside of his sleeve.
Personality: Al is seen to be quite lively in spirit, commonly trying to be the life of the party. Aside from initially being charming and fun, he is quite cunning and deceptive, doing anything to further his life career at first glance. However his deceptions usually work in benefit and he is shown to be quite caring about his crewmates and friends, always trying to be the hero of the situation at the last moment.
History:
Aldebaran is one of the many former Marines who decided to take the life of a pirate, disgusted with the rule imposed by the World Government. Reaching the rank of Captain, Al defected the forces, making himself a known pirate starting his own crew. Unable to avoid the Marines still eagerly trying to capture him in light of his betrayal, the Marines trapped him, pitting him against an armada of ships with Admiral Kizaru leading the offensive. With his fresh crew and unexpected ambush, Aldebaran was easily defeated, his crew being massacred at the hands of the powerful Admiral. Al survived but was captured, his ship and crew destroyed as he was sent away to Impel Down.

During the war at Marineford over Portgas D. Ace, Aldebaran was granted the chance to escape thanks to the Straw-Hat captain escaping from the prison. Deciding not to put the lives of another crew in his hands alone as a Captain, Al decided to join a fresh crew. After finding a crew lacking a Sniper, he was taken in by the Badass Pirates, not realizing he would still be looking after the lives of this new crew despite his position and adjusting to it.

Okay, guys, I'm back! After dealing with some extra New Years/school stuff, I'm back from my little break! Big updates are to come, so be ready!

Madara Uchiha and Cloud Strife718: I like these characters a lot, but unfortunately, since you both already have characters, I'm going to be slightly more critical of the new ones to make sure things stay balanced. However, given a bit of time, I'll increase the character cap so you guys can keep pumping out new characters to make things interesting if you so wish.

Madara Uchiha: I love the idea of a terrorist/mercenary character. However, I'm not quite sure I understand his power. It sort of seems to be all over the place. If you could pick one element (the bomb-making abilities - which I love, by the way -, the Robin-esque body morphing powers, the ability to craft animate objects out of clay) and focus on that, I'd be very happy to approve your character. In fact, if you wanted to make two characters with two of said abilities that work together, that would also be acceptable. Also, please stick to using English names for the fruits, rather than Japanese or proper nouns, and make sure they directly apply to your abilities so it's clear to everyone else. I know that wasn't in the rules, so I'm not blaming you, that was my bad :p Thanks! ;)

Cloud Strife718
: Love the history, love the character, I think he's gonna be great in the RP. Just make sure to limit his ability to move things to motion that he caused (bullets/cannonballs he fired, knives he's thrown, etc.). All out telekinesis seems a bit overpowered at the moment. Thanks, aaaand accepted!

Cloud Strife718[/B]: Love the history, love the character, I think he's gonna be great in the RP. Just make sure to limit his ability to move things to motion that he caused (bullets/cannonballs he fired, knives he's thrown, etc.). All out telekinesis seems a bit overpowered at the moment. Thanks, aaaand accepted!

Yeah I didnt mean to bring up telekinesis. I probably didn't specify enough but yes he is limited already in the exact way that you say. But thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom