• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups One True Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aria raised her head, seeing that many of the local pickpockets had dispersed into other richer districts of the city. Shakily standing on her thin and frail legs, she began to shuffle her feet towards the shop, peering in the window curiously. The noise of her shackle-bound ankle did make a slightly grating sound (of which easily attracted unwanted attention), but she willfully ignored it in favor of observing the shop's occupants.

"Sorry I'm late," Jocelyn apologized as she made her way into the shop. "The midwife kept me busy with lectures, as usual." she saw everyone had arrived already, and immediately felt embarrassed. "Sorry, Dreius."

Raven felt relieved when Dreius merely asked for his asssitant to get parchment. It seemed he merely made a simple mistake. And then Jocelyn rushed in. "Is there some kind of event going on. If so I can return at a different time..."

"Oh, no problem at all. Please, stick around until the shop clears out," Dreius said to Jocelyn, knowingly.

Brynna got her parchment and walked over to the others, waiting for their requests. "Not at all, miss," she laughed. "Just an average day. Now you were saying?"

"Oh um. Light, easy to use, and not easy to accidentally kill with...do you guys make trinkets and other things?" She asked at the end. She had a piece of silver she wanted into a certain shape and was hoping they could do it for her.

"We do," Brynna answered, writing Raven's requests down. Dreius overheard this and laughed.

"It's true. I make lovely jewelry. And deadly swords. Or deadly jewelry and lovely swords. Anything, really."

"I make adorable little swords," Brynna said. "Hand crafted engravings.... intricate designs..."

Listening to Dreius and Brynna speak gave Sias a little insight. Their jobs were different - from what he gathered, the man was there to create the body, while the female the form and aesthetic. Two artisans, one engineering, and one artistry; a duo as old as time itself.

"May I see some of your work, Miss?" He asked Brynna from his seat.

Dreius glanced over at Brynna, waiting expectantly. Upon hearing Sias' request, the young girl began to beam.

"Oh, sure! It's right over here..." she mused, getting up from her seat. She then walked over to a set of swords on the wall. Each one was made with a careful and talented eye; they were gorgeous. It was clear Brynna had a gift. Amongst the array of swords, it was also easy to notice each one's design varied greatly. Some had flowers, some had carefully engraved patterns...

"This one's my favorite though," Brynna said, excitedly turning towards the back of the shop. Two doors were in the back: one that led to Brynna's quarters, and one that led to Dreius' lab. However, in a moment of pure forgetfulness, Brynna opened the door to Dreius' lab. He immediately took notice.

"Brynn, wait!" he exclaimed, his eyes open with surprise.

Upon opening the door and taking a step, Brynna immediately realized her error. The door to Dreius' lab had stairs right at the opening. She wasn't expecting stairs at the opening. Brynna took a tumble down the stairs, immediately exposing Dreius' lab to anyone who ran to help.

Upon helping Brynna, the customers would soon find Dreius' lab. There weren't many steps, so it was quite easy to see everything of his, even from the top of the stairs. Numerous wooden lab tables, all covered with small jars (full of Brynna and Dreius' finds from the past), were in the basement, along with a good number of odd looking contraptions.

Work was going on down there. Magic... was going on down there.

Dreius only ran over to the door, scared out of his mind. "No, don't go down there. Please."

Raven merely stared in shock. He was a magic user. It made her feel better and less concerned about someone finding out about her own use. However she was worried about if the others would tell. Not that that mattered more than the fact that someone had fell. So ignoring everyone she walked over to Brynna. "Are you okay?"

Brynna was too dazed to realize what she had done. "Uh... I'm alright... I guess," she slowly answered. Her head was bleeding; she hit it on one of the cement steps.

Dreius was horrified. One person already saw. He immediately stood in front of the door in a poor attempt to stop everybody else.

Aria raised a brow at the man half-amusedly. He was notably not the best at keeping secrets, she silently noted.

"Sister, are you okay!" Claude called out as he ran down to the basement, not even caring about Dreius' pleas as he ran over to his sister. He noticed her head was bleeding and bit his lip in frustration. "You know Dreius you could've give a warning!" he called out, still not caring about his surroundings.

"No, I'm fine..." Brynna answered. "Just..."

Dreius obviously felt awful about what happened to Brynna, but he knew the two of them would be much worse off if they were caught. However, before he could do anything, he heard loud, horrified screams coming from outside.

"Wha... Please don't tell me," he began to say, running to one of the windows.

In Larke, monsters were a... little bit of a problem to the citizens who lived there. They never actually did too much harm. And they couldn't - they were fairly humanoid creatures. The main difference was that these monsters were horribly, terribly deformed. They seemed frightened and angry, trying to attack anything in sight.

The citizens feared them, and would try to fend them off until proper guards came.

And that was bad news for Dreius and Brynna. Either he would have to fight the monsters off himself, or he would have to wait until guards came around.... when all of these strangers knew about his lab.

"I'm... going outside," Dreius hesitantly said, grabbing one of the swords from the wall. "Monsters are back."

((either have your oc stay inside or go fight some monsters. i'll be controlling em for now since they don't really have many means of fighting))

Wilhelm drew his broadsword and went up to the door. "I will assist with these monsters." He said with a quiet confidence. The crusader's abilities had been honed on the deadliest battlefields. The monsters of Larke had always been child's play for him. A nice way to give back or to win affection with a maiden or a drink at the pub... not a real threat. He would provide a similar service to the blacksmith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom